Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm left leaning and don't like any of these current shenanigans much, but I think Elon is picking up more right wingers who are now coming to like the brand for the first time, than he is losing lefties. The far right love nothing more than "sticking it to the libtards" and will now be wanting to buy Tesla's just to spite us! It's also just in time for the start of the Cybertruck roll out... everyone is getting played and doesn't even know it! In a couple of years all those MAGA ch*ds are going to be driving around in Cybertrucks...

Right wingers who were inclined to buy an EV were already buying Teslas. No one was sitting on the sideline waiting for Elon to endorse Republicans and bring Trump back to Twitter before buying a Tesla.

I'm now extremely embarrassed to drive my 3 . Did Elon not watch the Jan.6th committee hearings?

You should sell your Model 3 then, no one should drive a car they are embarrassed to own.

Myself, I love my Model Y and I'm proud to own a Tesla. I don't care what Elon does, Tesla is still an incredible company doing wonderful things with impressive financial strength and growth. But then I don't really care what anyone else thinks about me, I have enough confidence in myself to do what I want to do.

Good luck with your dilemma there. 👍

I think the biggest disappointment here is not musk but the Tesla board and their complete refusal to deal with the whack job CEO. I don’t care how good Tesla is doing now. Elon will bring Tesla to its knees in short order unless the board steps in fast. What a freakin fruitcake.
Yes you are, but I would say freakin nut job. Fruitcake has sexual preference connotation's.

I think the biggest disappointment here is not musk but the Tesla board and their complete refusal to deal with the whack job CEO. I don’t care how good Tesla is doing now. Elon will bring Tesla to its knees in short order unless the board steps in fast. What a freakin fruitcake.

Elon musk is those type of CEO that don't mind to take the most dangerous road to gain the most achievement in the long run. Not the half measure type of guy. There are no other CEO in this world who even dare to come close to it. With his previous achievement it is pretty guarantee that this will be just fine in the foreseeable future but it will also be very hard to predict how this react next week.

We all took a loss out from this fiasco but if we stick with the plan it will be alright (From the sound of it you have your plan however I believe yours is much different than mine)

Good remind for you just what Charlie Munger thinks of Elon (Not wreck Job CEO as you suggested)

If you really want to vent out your anger, Twitter will still be your place to go.

I am no fan of Trump but if the people of twitter believes he should be on Twitter then so be it.

I know that Truth Socials stock will probably tank on this news. As for Tesla and how associated it is with right wingers...well If a Tesla EV is a maga hat now synonymous with right wingers who thinks climate change is fake news, loves franking, and loves coal, then seems like Elon is doing something right for the mission and the left have lost the narrative on climate change. Hate for Elon has replaced their agenda so....

I am no fan of Trump but if the people of twitter believes he should be on Twitter then so be it.

I know that Truth Socials stock will probably tank on this news. As for Tesla and how associated it is with right wingers...well If a Tesla EV is a maga hat now synonymous with right wingers who thinks climate change is fake news, loves franking, and loves coal, then seems like Elon is doing something right for the mission and the left have lost the narrative on climate change. Hate for Elon has replaced their agenda so....

I have no opinion with Trump.

However, I don't understand. Now Trump's back in twitter in accordance to the outcome of the vote, his haters can all get together and spend 24/7 to post all *sugars* on his twitter page, isn't that's fun?

Sun Tzu is credited with the phrase “Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer.”

I doubt Trump is coming back to Twitter. He has already said as much. All this does is anger the left. Musk seems to take pleasure in riling up liberals just for the heck of it.
This will turn out to be a very expensive prank for Twitter. Even if Trump does not come back, more advertisers will leave.
And for what ? The pleasure of “owning the libs”

Discretion is supposedly the better part of valor. Someone needs to explain what that means to Elon. He picks stupid, unnecessary fights.

Last edited: