Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did he get taken in? He spent like 5 minutes prefacing and appologizing for even mentioning a highly unsubstantiated rumor!
No Rob got played. He should have never gave the speculation the time of day. He, just like everyone, should know that it doesn’t matter how much he prefacing it, what he reports could be taken out of context and run with

No Rob got played. He should have never gave the speculation the time of day. He, just like everyone, should know that it doesn’t matter how much he prefacing it, what he reports could be taken out of context and run with
You know what, with all the full time wannabe "journalist" (AKA former fanboys only) living off paymetron and you-gimmeclicks-tube is, they NEED to create content to live. Any content. 25 Minute videos about stuff that can be said in 3 minutes max. Three dozend vids about a single topic. Drone flights every two days to see a pond fill with water and to comment on it. The dymamics behind this is fascinating... and frightening.

I don't agree. He handled it responsibly and made it clear that although it was from a source that was reliable once in the past, it should be held with suspicion until future clarification.

Good morning all.

So Pepsi took delivery of their first two semis. I wonder if there will be a way to track to see how fast they take delivery of future semis, and for that matter other companies who have them on order. I know I read the factory can produce 10 a week, but are they? With corporate customers It might be tougher to verify than cars.

Thoughts?

Reactions: TN Mtn Man
Only down as much as BYD now. I guess that’s better.

Easy. Just model it after the preheating system our cars use when headed towards a supercharger. If your battery is cold and the route shows heavy downslopes then warm the battery automatically. Seems unlikely though as why would the semi begin it's trip from the top of the mountain?
By way of quick comparison and getting things into proper units

82,000 lbs = approx 37,000 kg which is fully laden total vehicle weight (cab + trailer + load)

Raising (say) 30 kg of neo magnets from (say) 0 deg C to (say) Curie temperature of (say) 300 C is 30 x 300 = 9,000 kg.C

In comparison with (say) a 1,000 kWh semi battery (inc unavailable portion) at (say) 6 kg/kWh = 6,000 kg battery (13,000 lbs approx of 27,000 lbs cab kerb weight)

Raising (say) 6,000 kg of battery from (say) O C to (say) ideal battery charge temp of (say) 30 C is 6000 x 30 = 180,000 kg.C

So indeed simply dumping excess heat into the battery gives 20x of heat reservoir compared with 'just' letting it accumulate in the neos. Of course it wouldn't just accumulate in the neos as the motors etc are of the order of a few hundred kg in toto, and indeed there is already a wet-loop cooling system in there to do just this. But the question remains, what do you do once it is at max temperature (and max SoC) and can't evacuate additional heat fast enough into the air ? This is the equivalent of a diesel semi that cannot engage any form of engine braking - the loss of a clutch for example whilst out of gear, so conceptually a well known failure state. So far the best answers appear to be the same for the Tesla Semi as for any conventional diesel semi, i.e. creep carefully at low speed on the friction brakes, or find a gravel run-off. The only advantage the Tesla Semi has is that it can drive around town (yes, some towns and cities are on the top of very big hills) burning the SoC off below 100% until such point is at can make the descent safely.

I imagine that the people who race semi-cabs will be all over this quite soon. Surely some of their races start at the top of hills ? We know that racing BEVs quite quickly exposes the limitations of the different thermal systems in the various cars/etc out there.

Good morning all.

So Pepsi took delivery of their first two semis. I wonder if there will be a way to track to see how fast they take delivery of future semis, and for that matter other companies who have them on order. I know I read the factory can produce 10 a week, but are they? With corporate customers It might be tougher to verify than cars.

Thoughts?
Thoughts? Yes. What for?

Reactions: wipster
How did he get taken in? He spent like 5 minutes prefacing and appologizing for even mentioning a highly unsubstantiated rumor!
He SHOUDN'T have mentioned an unsubstantiated rumor. That is certainly NOT why I listen to his podcast. Even if you believe that Reuters even HAD sources, this puts him in the same category as them.

I
He SHOUDN'T have mentioned an unsubstantiated rumor. That is certainly NOT why I listen to his podcast. Even if you believe that Reuters even HAD sources, this puts him in the same category as them.
Him mentioning the rumor doesn't do a thing to the stock because it's from a guy on youtube. Reuters is what did the real damage because premarket was fine until Reuters dropped the bombshell. I rather Rob mention the rumor than not since Friday since we were all kind of prepared for this either way.

Are you obsessively reading every post here?

Are you trying to make meaning out of every short term move of the SP?

Are you dissecting the veracity of every Tesla rumor?

Then you are like me! And I’m too old and experienced to be wasting my time and energy like this.

So here’s my early New Years’ resolution, starting now: I’m going to check this forum and the SP maximum of once each day, after market close. And with the time I’m going to save by that, I’m going to hug my wife and kids and try to be more productive.

I truly appreciate the input of everyone here. You are not the problem. I’m the problem, and I’m going to fix it.

"According to the sales data released by Tesla on the evening of December 5, Tesla delivered more than 100,000 vehicles in the Chinese market in November, a month-on-month increase of about 40% and a year-on-year increase of 89%."

I guess Tesla shot their load early and delivered the most cars in the Chinese Market in a month, so now it is time to cutback production...Even a 3 year old could see that rumor is false.

Massive EV stock sell off for whatever reason. All the small players gave up all their 8% gains from AM, and BYD is falling off a cliff with Tesla.
So if Tesla "demand" is soft, then possibly by contagion, all EVs are therefor soft?
Can we focus on the 100K in Nov. I swear the rumor was intentional to mask this fact.

Up next... Drone footage, ship hunters, trucks on highways, please ;)