Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 has just been a less than stellar year to be Tesla investor. However, not all is lost, let the Bears inflict maximum damage possible in December 2022 : as sure as day arrives after night, this bear market is bound to end probably sooner than later, and Tesla Will rise again. Keep your spirits up and don’t let day-to-day market action discourage you.

Maybe Troy is indeed a Tesla bear. Why do people pay him to see some numbers that change all the time?

View attachment 882019

So this "journalist" is proud that (he thinks) his article caused a dip in the share price. Media is trash. Most of the journalists are scumbags. Just cherry pick some bits of facts here and there, embellish and write a biased story. Rear end orifices

I am not as long of a veteran as many others here, but I have been investing in Tesla since January 2014. Here is the classic pattern:
Tesla bears press and press and press their bets and make it look like Tesla is gone forever
and then one fine Day suddenly There is start of real furious, snapback rip bears’ face off rally. I think we are getting to that point very rapidly

I am not as long of a veteran as many others here, but I have been investing in Tesla since January 2014. Here is the classic pattern:
Tesla bears press and press and press their bets and make it look like Tesla is gone forever
and then one fine Day suddenly There is start of real furious, snapback rip bears’ face off rally. I think we are getting to that point very rapidly
Yogi better get away from my pic-a-nic basket!

Reactions: 2daMoon
Analyst estimates for Q4:

$1.27 EPS average

For 2023:

$5.64 EPS average

TSLA is at a forward PE of 31, but those earnings are based on estimates that are less than Q4 annualized, meaning analysts think earnings are going to shrink in 2023 vs Q4!

4*1,27 = 5,08, so I don’t see that analysts are predicting that earnings are going to shrink 2023?

I swear that nothing matters anymore. News comes out that Costco lost their wireless partner (no more cell phone sales) and the stock is pretty much flat. Tesla sells their first new product line (Semi) in years and we're down 6% the following day but maybe it was a sell the news kind of day 🤷‍♂️

Day after day, week after week its record breaking numbers and gaining total vehicle market share, YoY growth to the moon and free cash flow increasing, what more does Mr. Market want? It feels like there is nothing TSLA is going to do until we get out of this bear market and then it's going to pop 300% over 12 months. I hate the modern stock market.
It's NOT about today or yesterday, but TOMORROW.

The chronic timeline lies re: FSD (which really stings having "purchased FSD," supposedly, on about four Teslas), the FIVE-YEAR delay in the Semi, the most recent "no price drop" from Tesla China, followed soon thereafter by price drops and other incentives, just have people thinking there's a veracity problem at Tesla, starting at the top. (Not having even a ONE PERSON PR department may not have been the smartest move, but no one challenges Elon decisions without apparently being fired?)

Mix in the "T" purchase, and add some very peculiar CEO behavior that would have had any and every other CEO on the planet fired by the board within hours, and, well, now we're at a two-year low on TSLA.

I'd guess about 90% of that loss is self-inflicted wounds.

Sold one of my winners right now after its Dividend DOR and bought 10 more shares of $TSLA out of......sheer obstinance.

It feels like 2018 all over, wall street goons need their asses kicked again.

In other news, gave a ride to a nice couple on their way to pick up their new Model Y last night. At first they thought Tesla sent me, then realized they just got the best orientation to pick up their new Tesla ever from a 220k mile veteran owner by sheer happenstance! :p

😭

If we order from the app does Apple get 30%? As an investor I don't want 30% going to Apple. I just ordered four directly from Tesla.com just in case.

AFAIK Apple only takes a 30% cut on digital goods like in-app purchases delivered digitally.... not physical goods ordered via an app (so they don't get 30% of your chargers, nor 30% of the ubereats indian food you ordered, etc)

It's NOT about today or yesterday, but TOMORROW.

The chronic timeline lies re: FSD (which really stings having "purchased FSD," supposedly, on about four Teslas), the FIVE-YEAR delay in the Semi, the most recent "no price drop" from Tesla China, followed soon thereafter by price drops and other incentives, just have people thinking there's a veracity problem at Tesla, starting at the top. (Not having even a ONE PERSON PR department may not have been the smartest move, but no one challenges Elon decisions without apparently being fired?)

Mix in the "T" purchase, and add some very peculiar CEO behavior that would have had any and every other CEO on the planet fired by the board within hours, and, well, now we're at a two-year low on TSLA.

I'd guess about 90% of that loss is self-inflicted wounds.
The timeline deal is improving at least IMO. Notice that despite the Semi finally coming out and CT supposedly imminent, no new products have been announced. No new bold claims of robotaxis lining our streets next year...

Elon is getting better at that part at least. He will get tired of his new toy after he realizes it's less fun to run the sandbox than to pee in it.

With all the ups and downs of late, particularly the downs, I've decided to consult an old volume of wisdom regarding this very topic. 🧐

Maybe reading Alice in Wonderland is as effective as anything else in explaining the irrationality that exist where disrupted entities are vying for survival by making nonsense of unambiguous fact.

On now to begin the quest to solve the question of which side of the mushroom should I nibble to make the SP go up? 🤔

I think back and remember discussions I had with family members and financial advisors back during the dark times (2018 & 2019) who seemed committed to convincing me to sell my TSLA shares. I kept trying to math out the potential earnings for the next few years, once the Model 3 and Y had ramped. I remember throwing numbers out like $50 per share annual earnings estimates in a few years and they all thought I was insane. Guess what, I think I underestimated a little bit. When split adjusted, we're now looking at $60-75+ earnings per year and still growing very quickly.