Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So then how did Troy get the production numbers for NOV? Time machine?
Delivery numbers were reported, not production, at least from what has been discussed these past couple of days.

This article credits Xinhua News Agency and names names, like "Tao Lin, vice president of Tesla" but doesn't state the date of the info: Tesla Shanghai Gigafactory delivered more than 100,000 vehicles in November - TechGoing

Ministry of Industry? I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Delivery numbers were reported, not production, at least from what has been discussed these past couple of days.

This article credits Xinhua News Agency and names names, like "Tao Lin, vice president of Tesla" but doesn't state the date of the info: Tesla Shanghai Gigafactory delivered more than 100,000 vehicles in November - TechGoing

Ministry of Industry? I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.
Correct but Troy's entire thesis focus on excess inventory that needs to be moved and Tesla can't move them without the current discount. How did he calculate the inventory without knowing NOVs production? Rob believes there was an inventory draw down from previous month to make NOV delivery numbers to be at 100k. He does not believe Nov production numbers being 100k, but slightly under 90k.

Something is certainly going on. I looked at the several hundred New Inventory cars on sale across the USA. All of them have either Base or Enhanced Autopilot. Not a single brand-new car comes with FSD. A couple of weeks ago, most of them had FSD.

I wonder, if asked to upgrade a new car order so that it has FSD... Tesla will say yes or no.
Huh? Tesla doesn't add FSD to new inventory vehicles. It's just the standard AP that they come with. FSD is a 'software unlock' which can be added by the buyer at time of sale or later if they choose. There used to be a 'discount' for adding it with the sale (8k vs 10k or whatever), but now its the same price so there isn't any particular advantage to getting it at sale short of being able to roll it into your loan.

You know, Uncle Leo may have a point. A million people actually holding shares permanently might accomplish this. Being a doofus, it hurts my mind trying to parse this idea. What do you smart guys think? Anyway, I’ve done my part for Uncle Leo.
Well you see what it made for GameStop. However, I don’t know how much of a retail favorite is still TSLA avec bulls like chicken genius selling and all their fans following

Reactions: Nocturnal
Correct but Troy's entire thesis focus on excess inventory that needs to be moved and Tesla can't move them without the current discount. How did he calculate the inventory without knowing NOVs production? Rob believes there was an inventory draw down from previous month to make NOV delivery numbers to be at 100k. He does not believe Nov production numbers being 100k, but slightly under 90k.
Yeah I don't really pay attention to the rampant speculation and subsequent hasty conclusions that follows each and every published number. I just wait for the 10Qs and assume Tesla is telling the truth. Nobody really knows anything about the global goings-on in Tesla but Tesla insiders. Life is easier this way.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our markets, but in ourselves. :)

The market is going to be shocked once it realizes that a few thousand dollar discount to Tesla vehicles will still mean excellent margins and earnings.
Will they, though? Be shocked? I mean, unless you think they’re all completely unaware of the margins for the previous !? YEARS, how could they be shocked? Or is this a product of The New Math they learned in school?

All of this *makes a ginormous sweeping action with the good arm* is a depth of such stupidity or crookery - take your pick - that we must be the laughing stock of The Universe.

Reflect for just a moment -

Yeah, not too early to start drinking and preparing for our demise.

Don’t muddy the waters with logic. We’re neither prepared for it nor deserve it, but more importantly I’m in the middle of demand share accumulation.

You could use the extra time to visit a few of the dedicated threads in the Investor Subforum. They need some love.

The alternative is a cluttered thread full of in-depth discussions about engineering, taxes, global warming, veganism, politics, twitterology, Ukraine-Russia, option trading, FSD, etc, etc. In short, a thread which is impossible to keep up with.
Do we have a sort of "category" for this forum and the satellite ones? TMC outside this thread is a very complicated place, there are dozens of different forums with hundreds of threads each... Most of those die within 10 posts.
A thread with ongoing discussions is a different thing, this is why we come back in this thread specifically.
I know that I personally like reminders of other live threads, I can't figure out to find them by myself :D

You know, Uncle Leo may have a point. A million people actually holding shares permanently might accomplish this. Being a doofus, it hurts my mind trying to parse this idea. What do you smart guys think? Anyway, I’ve done my part for Uncle Leo.
There aren’t a million people smart enough not to fall for WallStreets shenanigans. Just look around the room of people who are supposed to know better.

Do we have a sort of "category" for this forum and the satellite ones? TMC outside this thread is a very complicated place, there are dozens of different forums with hundreds of threads each... Most of those die within 10 posts.
A thread with ongoing discussions is a different thing, this is why we come back in this thread specifically.
I know that I personally like reminders of other live threads, I can't figure out to find them by myself :D
As far as I know, the only way to do this is to use the watched threads (hidden under "Community" most times, but sometime the "Forums" category shows up and it's in there too. Now most of the watched threads I don't bother with for one reason or another, but several I look at whenever there is a new post.

Will they, though? Be shocked? I mean, unless you think they’re all completely unaware of the margins for the previous !? YEARS, how could they be shocked? Or is this a product of The New Math they learned in school?

All of this *makes a ginormous sweeping action with the good arm* is a depth of such stupidity or crookery - take your pick - that we must be the laughing stock of The Universe.

Reflect for just a moment -

Yeah, not too early to start drinking and preparing for our demise.
It's not stupidity or crookery, it's both. Two different groups though.

Of course the whole stock market is nonsense, but that's a different topic.