Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are at 2+ year lows. If you bought any TSLA since Nov of 2020 it's now underwater.
Every third interview Elon does he mentions the PTSD from 2008-2009 Great Recession that almost brought down Tesla and SpaceX. We are entering another recession so of course he will be overly cautious with buybacks.

I buy the idea that earnings, sales, units produced will grow exponentially as uberbulls point out on 15 pages of TMC everyday. I also have no idea how many 60-80K cars people will buy when we enter a deep recession as Elon and Kathy predict. Yes, long term everything will probably be rosy but the next 18 months I am not so sure. People will stop spending on things that are considered luxury and postponable. At that time we may not see margins on the same level as the were. After all this in the first recession in 14 years. (Fed printed so much liquidity during covid that it doesn't qualify as recession. Luxury goods were bought like pancakes)

I like how you wrote "current" in there. Yeah he better watch it.
there is certain decorum one has to follow in civilized society. This guy has made too many enemies unnecessarily, for no good reason at all. i don't care if current CEO of Tesla is brightest genius world has ever seen and single handedly saves humanity. you have to have empathy for others. CEO who lacks empathy for their investors and keep on selling stock every time it hits new lows and in fact make it hit new lows is not acting in best fiduciary interest of shareholders.

Well that's what happens when you don't have any growth, expansion, increasing profits, sales, or free cash flow for two years straight.... /s
Those things are all well and good but that's not what drives SP increases. You have to exceed the market's expectations. All of those things and then some were expected and baked into the SP.

Last edited:
I think we all need to take a step back and look at the industry at large before we ascribe all of the TSLA performance to Musk/Twitter or other bogyman. Yes, Tesla is outperforming the industry, but we all know how irrational the market is.
1671229519355.png

1671229605120.png

1671229574300.png

1671229630657.png

1671229781074.png

Attachments

• 1671229533985.png
    1671229533985.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 35
Yep. He's spiraling and I don't think he sees it.

Ross Gerber just said he is running for the board too.
Well, the NPV equation Musk tweeted out doesn't have a variable for investor sentiment, Elon selling, fear, or exuberance.

We know that the value of the stock price is arbitrary because it is never at NPV. It's either higher because of a bubble/exuberance/stonks only goes up or below due to Elon selling/Tesla fires/Tesla EVs became the new MAGA hat.

So Elon is just saying...well interest rate is in the equation which determines the true worth of the company, so blame the FEDs.

Put it this way, if Apple tomorrow dumps 30% because Tim Cook decided to sell 100% of his shares at 930 which not only causes SP to drop but fear now takes hold, do you think it being 30% down the true value of Apple with zero fundamental changes or will it eventually recover to reflect the true value of the company?

I want to remain positive going into the weekend so how about this for some hopium.

Elon’s generating a lot of Twitter activity because of his TSLA shares which will help him find new investors for Twitter(higher user counts, interactions etc) and stop the need to sell any more TSLA shares in the near future. Plus he gets rid of some margin debt.

Yeah go ahead and file this in the funny column if you wish but I still have faith in this man.

I want to remain positive going into the weekend so how about this for some hopium.

Elon’s generating a lot of Twitter activity because of his TSLA shares which will help him find new investors for Twitter(higher user counts, interactions etc) and stop the need to sell any more TSLA shares in the near future. Plus he gets rid of some margin debt.

Yeah go ahead and file this in the funny column if you wish but I still have faith in this man.
I don't like Vikings, but you asked for a funny, so that's a freebie!

Short term it always seem like a mess. Long term you're like ...well Thank God he did that. Remember his beef with everyone about Covid? Telling the government to give people their God Damn Freedom Back on a conference call? Remember how he was "damaging the Tesla brand" because everyone told Elon to go F himself because he doesn't care about people's lives but only money?

Well Tesla would have gone to zero if it stayed closed as long as Disneyland. Disney would have gone to zero if DisneyWorld stayed close as long as Disneyland.

Not sure if this helps but let's see if Chicken is dragging down with us or he bailed out already

I think we all need to take a step back and look at the industry at large before we ascribe all of the TSLA performance to Musk/Twitter or other bogyman. Yes, Tesla is outperforming the industry, but we all know how irrational the market is.
View attachment 885879
View attachment 885883

View attachment 885882
View attachment 885884
View attachment 885885
Here we go again, comparing TSLA to stuff we say is going to go bankrupt in the next few years. Reassuring.

Elon should be allowed to sell shares if he needs to, but the careless way in which he does it on the open market is awful. Gary Black has said he could offer to sell 20m shares or whatever it was to GS/MS at a 5% discount. Instead Elon sold .89% of the float Mon-Wednesday and tanked the SP by 12%. Probably sold more today too ugh.

There is a bit of good news on the European energy front. It was predicted that France could face electricity shortages in the middle 2 weeks of December in case of cold weather (because not enough nuclear reactors are operational again).
Well, we had cold weather. We’re at the end of a week of freezing cold weather, and the French grid didn’t collapse. The freezing weather caused very high electricity prices, though not as high as during august. Those prices are now coming down again. The natural gas prices have also been going up (to 150 euro peak) for a couple of weeks, maybe in anticipation of the cold weather. But today they went down to 117 euro again.
The temperature will go up by 15 degrees Celcius on Monday, and is expected to remain unseasonably high for the next 2 weeks. We ‘ll have max temps of 13 degrees around Christmas, so no white Christmas for us.
This is good for the energy situation and for all the people suffering in Europe from extremely high energy bills, and good to temper inflation.

Not sure if this helps but let's see if Chicken is dragging down with us or he bailed out already

What a Class A narcicst. Like what the hell is that post even supposed to imply? Just because he bought it went up? Even as a joke it's in poor taste. And friendly reminder, he shorted tesla and put a $120 price target. So glorifying him is just as bad as glorifying Gordon Johnson.