Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

According to ARENA, the sum value of the projects is $2.7 billion and the eight batteries will have a capacity of 2.0GW, or 4.2GWh, marking a ten-fold increase in grid-forming electricity storage capacity in the NEM.

I don't know how many of these projects will use Tesla batteries, but some probably will.

This is part of a trend of increasing number of increasingly bigger batteries.

To date Tesla Energy battery sales have been limited by supply, I do wish that a smart company somewhere is looking into purchasing vast amounts of raw materials for iron cathode batteries.

“These next generation grid scale batteries will underpin this transition, with inverter technology that can maintain grid stability without the need for coal and gas generators. This pipeline of grid-forming projects will help move us closer to an electricity grid that can support 100 per cent renewable energy in the NEM.

If it's true (big IF there obviously), I definitely think Elon was selling more shares yesterday and today. I think he's definitely offloading SpaceX shares in that private offering.

Just surreal to see him dumping his stakes in everything for the sake of Twitter, but it is what it is 🤷‍♂️

Some people will disagree on this but in the most bizarre way possible, Elon is on his way to being ousted as CEO of Tesla. Not that I necessarily think the BOD as it currently is would do it. But I while Elon's offloading massive amounts of shares, someone's buying those shares. And I wouldn't be surprised to see big enough accumulation of the past year and especially this quarter to force tough decisions on the board.

Yep. He's spiraling and I don't think he sees it.

Ross Gerber just said he is running for the board too.

He should be encouraged taking vacations.
You actually think more clearly about life when you are not worried about work for a few days.
His brain is not wired to benefit from a vacation; he is the classic tinkerer who, in a flash of brilliance at 0242 in the morning, needs to get up and see if his fix (to whatever problem is bugging him) will actually work or not.

Anyone dealing with keeping classic cars operating on the road would understand the above observation.

With all due respect, and while I do feel your pain, I yet fail to see how bird antics are responsible to bring the whole market down, Tesla, Amazon, Netflix, ... they all track down in similar fashion. It has been a brutal year, and we are caught up in a large deleveraging unwinding related to interest rate hikes, war uncertainties, ftx/crypto meltdown. The only reason why we would object to being grouped with the rest is because of our anticipation of unprecedented growth very specifically to the EV revolution playing out and cash flows being redirected towards renewable energy. But I also thought that teslas iPhone moment was going to happen 5 years ago, and only now and only on the coastal states we start seeing that play out that way. Give it another 18 months and it all will be fine. Selling shares for options/buying on margin was a great play in the bull market but since 2021 that was no longer the case. In hind sight I could have made a killing selling calls and buying puts, but I was just too much of a bull market person...
Yeah, but for the other companies you mentioned you can see fundamental reasons for why the stock went down. Tesla on the other hand is breaking record after record and still down.

28 months back to be exact. August 27, 2020 was first time ever that TSLA hit $150. more relevant is a date exactly 25 months ago: November 17, 2020 when TSLA gapped up upon S&p 500 inclusion announcement. there is a gap support between $136 and $147 between nov 16 and 17th, 2020.
very high probability of testing that.
we are -41.9% off 200 day sma.
last time it happened was -39.3% on june 3, 2019 and -39% on february 10,2016
percentage wise we are down -63.7% over 13.5 months since november 4, 2021
guess how much was COVID downturn in TSLA from 2-4-2020 through 3-18-2020 ?
-63.8%
by contrast early 2017 was -50% or so
what does it all mean?
not much, except this current downturn is almost worst in entire tesla history
so, either there is something seriously wrong with underlying fundamentals of tesla or bears are pressing their luck with help from current CEO
i bet my money on latter

28 months back to be exact. August 27, 2020 was first time ever that TSLA hit $150. more relevant is a date exactly 25 months ago: November 17, 2020 when TSLA gapped up upon S&p 500 inclusion announcement. there is a gap support between $136 and $147 between nov 16 and 17th, 2020.
very high probability of testing that.
we are -41.9% off 200 day sma.
last time it happened was -39.3% on june 3, 2019 and -39% on february 10,2016
percentage wise we are down -63.7% over 13.5 months since november 4, 2021
guess how much was COVID downturn in TSLA from 2-4-2020 through 3-18-2020 ?
-63.8%
by contrast early 2017 was -50% or so
what does it all mean?
not much, except this current downturn is almost worst in entire tesla history
so, either there is something seriously wrong with underlying fundamentals of tesla or bears are pressing their luck with help from current CEO
i bet my money on latter
I like how you wrote "current" in there. Yeah he better watch it.

Yep. He's spiraling and I don't think he sees it.

Ross Gerber just said he is running for the board too.
Ives turned on Elon. Gerber now has turned on him. When will Ron Baron do the same? It's just so sad and tragic to see so many of Elon's biggest supporters, investors, and customers turning on him and he's too stubborn to admit he's gone down the wrong path. I know it's this same stubbornness that enabled him to weather the early storms that Tesla and SpaceX encountered but will this same stubbornness cause his downfall in the future? Remember he went all in on SpaceX and Tesla and was a whisker away from losing everything. I think he has the same mindset today, except it's for Twitter. To me, the most realistic scenario for Tesla to succeed is for Elon to give up Tesla CEO duties to someone else but it's hard to square that with his known stubbornness and belief in himself.