Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks like the highest volume day since S&P inclusion couple of years ago. Probably not the highest $ volume, but looks to be the case by # of shares. Likely means something something in the TA land, but that's not my thing.
It’s strange that as price of shares have fallen there are more traded…. Down 50% in price up 50% in volume is there a link lol

looks like the highest volume day since S&P inclusion couple of years ago. Probably not the highest $ volume, but looks to be the case by # of shares. Likely means something something in the TA land, but that's not my thing.
It's been a while since you posted your MM/dealer net delta options chart. Don't remember if you have a different name for it.

Is that showing any clues how they might be positioned? Not an options guru but it looks like a gamma pin broke at 160 and got driven further down via aggressive institutional/retail put buying and dealer delta hedging.

I think there's something like 8B worth of puts due to expire/finish ITM around J23 opex.

Any color (besides red) is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you haven't listened to the Q3 2022 conference call in a while, I suggest you listen to it again. Elon said Q4 is going to be "epic".

I assume he meant that in a good way and wasn't referring to the share price :oops: but it is worth an hour of your time to go back and listen to how confident they were in the business, just a few short months ago (no pun intended when I say "short" months).
A new member that isn't trolling, nice to see you and welcome to the investors thread. Please ask your friends to join you here. Your enemies can join TeslaQ.
All joking aside, nice to see fresh input that is helpful. 👍

TSLA hit a two-year low this morning, during the session with the heaviest trading volume within that period. Then it proceeded to close up by 3.3% amid no significant Tesla news, while the popular averages closed well down. TSLA continued to rise nicely in after-hours trading. It appears that capitulation was completed this morning. Today’s trading may have started to trumpet all-clear for TSLA. We should know better in the coming days.

TSLA hit a two-year low this morning, during the session with the heaviest trading volume within that period. Then it proceeded to close up by 3.3% amid no significant Tesla news, while the popular averages closed well down. TSLA continued to rise nicely in after-hours trading. It appears that capitulation was completed this morning. Today’s trading may have started to trumpet all-clear for TSLA. We should know better in the coming days.
There was breaking news today... @TrendTrader007 loves Elon again.
I think that was the needed catalyst!

I bought 20 chairs as soon as he posted he is back on the Elon train!

🐳 done 🤮?

100% Wrong. He's only cashed out a fraction of his compensation package, which was granted in options, not dollars. The relevant metric here is not how much money he has cashed out of the business, but whether he has cashed out more shares than those granted to him via compensation (adjusted, of course, for splits).

Not only did Elon not lie about "being first in and last out" (yet), but you are twisting logic to try to imply that he did, just like the media does.
I am not a blind Elon worshipper, despite investing significantly (to my level) when not many of today's investors were with him (Tesla):
There are things I am critical of Elon. I think he should not have pumped the stock in Q3 earnings call, saying BTFD, and then in Twitter spaces recently warned to stay off margin. The Fed trajectory hasn't changed much during that time period. It's like he saw the coming decline and sold them at local peaks.

THAT SAID...
Elon is not someone who is greedy for money:
This whole argument of "Elon cashed out" is trying to paint him as someone who is greedy for money. Does he have cash after all these sales? No.
He put (most of) the money he had into a venture he thinks is very important to humanity. I am not counting the shares he donated to his trust and not sure if the trust sold any this quarter. Cash he has personally I would think is very low (relative to his net worth) at this point even after recent sales.

I DO NOT agree with the way he is doing things. As much as I like to believe that his ulterior motives are more positive (bringing rural America to adopt EVs, leaning far too right now to bring them onboard to Twitter etc), his Tweets make that claim sometimes very questionable. I worry "at times" he might be turning a Howard Hughes. But again, to the current point, he put the money towards what he thinks is a very important mission. I don't see any "greed for money"

While we are at it, I do have issues with Kimbal dumping on retail right at the peak, a few days before Elon put out a Twitter poll on selling TSLA.
Also, what's with the Chairwoman, it's like she doesn't have any trust in TSLA growth, or always in need of money. I wonder where she is investing so much, taking it away from TSLA.

Reckless unit growth? I'm not following you. Where would Tesla get the additional units to sell that they are not already selling?
It's something of an in-joke. Many years ago (2015?) somebody (not Elon) at Tesla, I think on a quarterly conference call, referred to the growth as reckless. I think instead of relentless.

I don't remember now - only that it was a source of great humor for awhile.

there is very good probability of a V shaped rally. daily RSI hit all time low of 16to 17. the only two times this ever happened in entire 12 years trading history of tsla was in feb 2016 and june 2019 and both led to v shaped rallies of 91% and 50% respectively lasting exactly less than 2 months
tomorrow likely to test lows then off to races

It's something of an in-joke. Many years ago (2015?) somebody (not Elon) at Tesla, I think on a quarterly conference call, referred to the growth as reckless. I think instead of relentless.

I don't remember now - only that it was a source of great humor for awhile.
yeah. was Jerome Guillen at the Detroit auto show. happened right after Tesla posted a surprise beat and TSLA popped. was a great moment for shareholders.