Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting clip. @Gigapress , I thought of you at 3:25 minutes into this clip when he addresses Elon's (non)impact to the stock....

Here's some TA he shared that conveniently matches the recent highs/lows of the ticker....
Tesla stock 107 day cycle .png

He's another believer that sub- 100 prices are yet to come...
Clip:

To their credit, this seems to be OTA
It doesn't seem like over the air to me, from their PDF: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2022/RCMN-22V944-4677.pdf

Q8. How and when will my vehicle be repaired? The high-voltage battery monitoring software will be updated for free and should take about one hour.

Q9. Do I have to wait for BMW to contact me to have the remedy performed? No. Please contact an authorized BMW center as soon as possible to have the remedy performed. For the latest updates to this Safety Recall, please visit www.bmwusa.com/recall

PROCEDURE Program the complete vehicle with ISTA version 4.39.2x (I-Level S15C-22-11-543, S18A-22-11-544, G070- 22-11-544; released 12-14-22 pending verification) or higher. Note that ISTA will automatically reprogram and code all programmable control modules that do not have the latest software. Copyright

Always connect a BMW-approved battery charger/power supply (SI B04 23 10) when performing programming. For information on programming and coding with ISTA, refer to CenterNet / TIS / Technical Documentation / Programming and Diagnostics / Programming Documentation.

Sounds like a trip to the dealer to me.

Great news that Tesla has a work-around that probably optimizes margin at the same time (there should have probably never been any doubt), and disappointing at the same time because the only thing preventing new EV customers from enjoying 61 additional miles per charge while unnecessarily causing more demand on the Tesla Supercharger Network by restricting Tesla Model Y range is our own ‘Climate Friendly’ government. Hope we see some modifications to those restrictions soon, as the ‘Climate’ at the supercharger stations and at the crappy charging stations is gonna get real busy with all these shorter range EVs on the road. If Mayor Pete was sincere about wanting us all to be able to charge at home, having more range from the available new EV fleet would go hand-in-hand with growing the VW Dieselgate EV charging network.

Great news that Tesla has a work-around that probably optimizes margin at the same time (there should have probably never been any doubt), and disappointing at the same time because the only thing preventing new EV customers from enjoying 61 additional miles per charge while unnecessarily causing more demand on the Tesla Supercharger Network by restricting Tesla Model Y range is our own ‘Climate Friendly’ government. Hope we see some modifications to those restrictions soon, as the ‘Climate’ at the supercharger stations and at the crappy charging stations is gonna get real busy with all these shorter range EVs on the road. If Mayor Pete was sincere about wanting us all to be able to charge at home, having more range from the available new EV fleet would go hand-in-hand with growing the VW Dieselgate EV charging network.
Well I would have just put it that this SR AWD is not cheap enough to matter. /s

The recall for my i4 was closed after an OTA update.

View attachment 894243
Irony?

And a few months before this...

Reactions: Nocturnal
The recall for my i4 was closed after an OTA update.

View attachment 894243

You do understand that this is an ECU, in the battery pack? Unlike Tesla, most companies still have limited ability to upgrade ECU's from their infotainment systems. The systems are not as well interconnected as what Tesla has built out (even back in 2012).