Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in a county (the size of Connecticut) that is as far right as anywhere in the country and they will not buy an electric car period. All of my friends are supportive of the Tesla mission but will not have anything to do with Elon. They will buy another brand.

DATA please. Not anecdotes.

EDIT - what other brand are they looking at? One of those with a fossil-fuel history (i.e. literally polluting the world and killing people)?

The entire state of Utah has 1% of USA population. Not gonna look there for trend setting, thanks.
I had a similar conversation with a BMW I3 owner a few days ago... when I asked him if he knew that the logo on his car represents a Nazi Propeller, his response was that it's not the same. Well... humans.

I live in a county (the size of Connecticut) that is as far right as anywhere in the country and they will not buy an electric car period. All of my friends are supportive of the Tesla mission but will not have anything to do with Elon. They will buy another brand.
they will not buy an electric car period.
They will buy another brand.
So they will buy another brand of EV's or they will not buy another brand of EV's?

And that is good!

Tesla is selling everything they make. But the other EVs not so much. But they are still OK cars - much better for the planet than the fossils. So if your friends buy them then that is great news! I know that I would not buy any of them. So we need others to step up and drive them.

I have friends opting for other EVs too. Mach-e, e-tron and Mercs. They are happy with their cars. And I am happy I don't have their cars. Win-win.

This may sound like sarcasm but it is not. EV diversity is good for us all.

Until they’ve owned it for about 8 months, some people are just really stubborn. The late adopters may not move until EVs have something like 30% market share and ICE quality and gasoline availability worsen dramatically……..or they have a nearby flood or fire, and anecdotal experience suddenly makes it seem possible climate change is a thing.

DATA please. Not anecdotes.

EDIT - what other brand are they looking at? One of those with a fossil-fuel history (i.e. literally polluting the world and killing people)?
I agree with you. That why I own a Tesla car and the stock. But my stupid friends act like someone broke into their house and hit them in the head with a hammer. It has done strange things to the way they look at the world.

I had a similar conversation with a BMW I3 owner a few days ago... when I asked him if he knew that the logo on his car represents a Nazi Propeller, his response was that it's not the same. Well... humans.
It's an airplane propeller as BMW was establish in 1916 as airplane engine manufacturer. Nothing to do with Nazis.

Addition: "The origin of the logo as a portrayal of the movement of an aircraft propeller, the BMW logo with the white blades seeming to cut through a blue sky,"

Last edited:
It's an airplane propeller as BMW was establish in 1916 as airplane engine manufacturer. Nothing to do with Nazis.

Addition: "The origin of the logo as a portrayal of the movement of an aircraft propeller, the BMW logo with the white blades seeming to cut through a blue sky,"

Anne Schmidt-Possiwal, explained that the blue-and-white company logo did not represent a spinning propeller, but was meant to show the colors of the Free State of Bavaria.

According to a history published on the BMW enthusiast site 318ti.org, the trademark was registered in 1917, and it featured the letters BMW “at the top of the outer ring. The inner featured quadrants in the Bavarian Free State colors of blue and white – but in the opposed order – because it was illegal to use national symbols in a commercial trademark.

“The design was not in any way connected with aircraft engines or propellers. The idea that the blue and white had anything to do with spinning propellers comes from a 1929 advertisement, which featured aircraft with the image of the roundel in the rotating propellers.”

I see some members have been busy rearranging the deck chairs again, with the end result being that the deck still looks the same: there are people who like Tesla and there are people who don't. Why this urge to repeat the same discussion over and over again?

To be clear: it ends now, especially when we've reached a point where we are arguing about the origin of the propellor in BMW's logo :rolleyes:

If you read this instruction after you've posted more of the same, you can remove your post.

💛 California
i30kinn9btga1.jpg

CNCDA Q42022 report was published today
Tesla had the top two selling vehicles in 2022. Growing by 54.2% over 2021.
The 17.1% EV share for 2022 compared to 9.5% for 2021 was epic. The S-curve is definitely forming. This first quarter of 2023 is going to be insane given the price drop. Going to be interesting to see if Toyota ever pulls out of the self-inflicted nose dive by starting to take EVs seriously. And if they do, how long will it take them to get where Tesla is sales wise. And of so, where will Tesla be then? That's a rhetorical question BTW...

RT

Once Tsla breaks $200, could happen today or tomorrow or pretty fast then $300 is in clear sight by March 1st
Not financial advice
Until it goes to $160 first or does not:)

On vacation wearing a Tesla shirt at a big hotel and many people asking if I own one. Many Canadians here and some people from midwest etc. I probably spoke to about 50 people (most drunk) over the last 10 days and only one had a Tesla, second Tesla model in fact. Turns out he lives in my zip code. Pretty funny. One lady calls me "Mr. Tesla every time she sees me"

Internet keeps going off every night and they don't seem to understand I need to check the stock price. Priorities.

Last edited:
I'm excited about Investors Day. I'm even more excited about finally seeing Elon's Master Plan III. I don't expect wallstreet to get it, they never do...and, therefore, I don't expect the SP to even react positively as a result. But, I am excited to learn what I hope are significant objectives and further validation that my investment is brilliant. Excited for the HODLers