Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, they will not sweat it, just parallel park and block 3 chargers at once, easy!
😊. We do that regularly at superchargers, but only if no one is there. And we make sure that if a bunch of people show up there is an escape route so we can free up superchargers.

Cybertrucks are coming. Tesla really needs to think about adding more trailer stalls.

A00998B0-8ED0-4AD1-99C0-44CE770EE0D5.jpeg

There's been reports that the union wanna be folks have been let go. That was quick.
WaPo article today. ”Which comes first?” Could just as easily be the firings were rumored, so the people rushed to publicly talk about unionization so they could pull in the NLRB for a possibly higher settlement. It would be a rare company or cause of action that could move any company fast enough to fire people a day after something.

This would IMHO be a way of Ford deleting debt and liabilities.

on splitting shares, it could be arranged so that the ICE company would carry the debt, old factories and the majority of the employees, with the new EV business relatively debt free. EV company will then hold most of the IP, brand and patents, much of which would then be licensed back to the ICE company (sucking more money out of the old ICE business)

The ICE business would then become unprofitable over time and ultimately go into bankruptcy, taking with it its debts, the unprofitable factories, and the costs of laying off staff - leaving the EV business clean and debt free and holding the valuable assets.

Should there be a share split, look to see who owns the debt, brand and the IP. This will tell the true story of what's really going on.
I wonder what the existing Ford shareholders think of this? Are they aware of the problem or that this seems plausible? 🤷‍♂️

Farley basically said that Ford needs to reinvent the process like they did 120 yrs ago. Meanwhile, catching up to Tesla was already deemed unlikely by 92% of the industry. Since when does profit have anything to do with tech and design? The implication here is that if Ford had more money (or shareholder support?), they could catch up (or carve out a market). Wasn't Ford cash strong? At least that's what I heard for years.

I guess everyone from Norway here can remember when the E-tron came.. Lots of arrogant e-tron buyers claiming that charging cables were too short. Because e-tron has the charge opening almost by the mirror, against the middle of the car. So all charging stations where you either back in, or go with the front in, here most cables were too short for that car.. Im not gonna say they were not bullied by us, because they were...
They argued the whole time that it wasnt Audis fault. We said maybe Audi forgot to check what is the most standard charging station setup. I dont know if there was an end to that discussion, I dont remember any charging cables being switched to longer ones.
Copacetic. But thinking about it, while having the charge port near the front of the car (and it looks like Lincoln is about to do the same) is contrary to where the fueling ports on cars have always been, in the rear of the car, be it left, right, or under the license plate. Why should the charge port for BEV's be any different? OTOH, while I understand why Tesla (and others) have positioned charging stations the way they have, to accommodate more rigs in a smaller space, fueling stations are laid out in a way to accommodate different port locations and also have retractable hoses. Perhaps that should have been considered by Tesla when they originally developed Supercharger locations.

Last edited:
Ten years ago Craig Johnson of Piper Sandler positively alerted me about Tesla, leading me to my first TSLA purchase.
This morning he wrote:
• TSLA—Shares have surpassed overhead resistance near $209. • Back above the 10-/30-week WMAs. • RS is trending toward positive territory and impressive TechniGrade ranking. • Add to positions, a retest of the upper end of the price channel appears likely.

There's been reports that the union wanna be folks have been let go. That was quick.

Were workers fired for trying to unionize? Or were soon-to-be-fired workers trying to unionize when they saw the writing on the wall?

Given they're Autopilot labelers with jobs soon to be replaced by the auto-labeler, I would guess the latter.

3 new Cadi's! But let's change the rules first... else no margins and BK?

"GM is also pushing for changing the classification rules so the Lyriq can qualify for the new federal EV tax credit."

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Were workers fired for trying to unionize? Or were soon-to-be-fired workers trying to unionize when they saw the writing on the wall?

Given they're Autopilot labelers with jobs soon to be replaced by the auto-labeler, I would guess the latter.
Reddit agrees that it is the latter, though I would like to see a source on this. If it is, that is good news for DOJO.

Has there been much indication DOJO would replace human labelers? On the last earnings call it was mostly about increasing efficiency and reducing power usage per unit of training by using chips specifically designed for this rather than the NVIDIA H100s

As I understand it anyways

Reactions: NicoV
Has there been much indication DOJO would replace human labelers? On the last earnings call it was mostly about increasing efficiency and reducing power usage per unit of training by using chips specifically designed for this rather than the NVIDIA H100s
I don't know that DOJO is replacing human labelers, it is their AutoLabeling development that is replacing human labelers. They talked significantly about how the AutoLabeling was cutting the amount of human effort required to label clips. That leads to one of two things, or a combination of both, fewer labelers or labeling more clips.

We already know they dropped ~200 labelers in California likely because of AutoLabeling. No reason to expect that they wouldn't cut the least productive labelers in NY as well. (Or ones not following company policies/procedures.)

I don't know that DOJO is replacing human labelers, it is their AutoLabeling development that is replacing human labelers. They talked significantly about how the AutoLabeling was cutting the amount of human effort required to label clips. That leads to one of two things, or a combination of both, fewer labelers or labeling more clips.

We already know they dropped ~200 labelers in California likely because of AutoLabeling. No reason to expect that they wouldn't cut the least productive labelers in NY as well. (Or ones not following company policies/procedures.)
Or the ones having the most limited number of keystrokes/hr.