Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this a troll? Did you watch investor day? Have you watched recent fsd videos? Do you know what Tesla’s margins are compared to so called competition? Do you know Elon and his capabilities of running multiple companies?

Tesla is in a position now where they have good leadership and Elon has put it on fsd beta where he has to intervene once in a while to make sure the company is heading the right direction.
Yes it’s a troll.

Now that we are past the obligatory 7-day post-event slump, isn't it time for the FOMO floodgates to be opened just a tad?

Can @Big Time 's spanking machine be repurposed to this task?
Funny you should mention that. I’ve been hard at work developing a new deep-sea propulsion turbine, codename “Infinity-Thrust™️”. I’ll lay it all out in layman’s terms for TMC. Basically it compounds the water pressure inside an assembly of our patented “AquaReamers™️”. These hydraulic pistons at each stage increase the pressure. Meanwhile our “Roto-Jet 6000™️” turbine is harnessing the natural flow of water inside the FOMO floodgates, routing it through the devices, and outputting a whopping 75000 PSI directly into our patented “Eat-Sugar Shorties™️” hydro nozzle. This can be attached any devices for internal liquid cooling (Non-Nautical version of “RedArse Spanking Machine™️” originally used this tech) or just used to blast these fools into the next century. Looking for seed investors. ;P

Be well TMC, I know I’m a little stressed with recent stock performance, hopefully P&D is great.

Is this a troll? Did you watch investor day? Have you watched recent fsd videos? Do you know what Tesla’s margins are compared to so called competition? Do you know Elon and his capabilities of running multiple companies?

Tesla is in a position now where they have good leadership and Elon has put it on fsd beta where he has to intervene once in a while to make sure the company is heading the right direction.
Hmmm. I enjoy using FSD but it is making only tiny incremental improvements. Unless there is some massive fix coming up a real autonomous L4 is more than a decade away. Maybe two. It’s just not even close in any way shape or form. It’s fun to use but absolutely no where even close to being used unsupervised. It’s really just an entertainment feature for now and the foreseeable future.

Same as come to me summons. Cool trick but completely unuseable in the real world.

Yeah looks like there are some decent experience improvements, but I don't see anything really in v11 suggesting we're any closer to transference of the driving task away from a person in the driver's seat.

But a better supervised L2 autonomous system? Definitely. Generalized Level 4-5 is a totally different story.
I think we should all be going by actual data - # of miles per disengagements. The best crowd sourced data says 10.69 is around 10 miles. We need to get to the order of about 1000s of miles per disengagement to be close to Robotaxi level. That is still a 100x improvement that is needed.

I wish Tesla published their actual disengagement rates - and how it is improving. Ofcourse with such low rates, they won't do it. May be we should ask that question in ER ...

Of course I’ve watched the current V 11 videos. That’s why I did not even mention FSD in my post.(for same reasons that Elon apparently avoided, emphasizing FSD at investor day.)

Funny you should mention that. I’ve been hard at work developing a new deep-sea propulsion turbine, codename “Infinity-Thrust™️”. I’ll lay it all out in layman’s terms for TMC. Basically it compounds the water pressure inside an assembly of our patented “AquaReamers™️”. These hydraulic pistons at each stage increase the pressure. Meanwhile our “Roto-Jet 6000™️” turbine is harnessing the natural flow of water inside the FOMO floodgates, routing it through the devices, and outputting a whopping 75000 PSI directly into our patented “Eat-Sugar Shorties™️” hydro nozzle. This can be attached any devices for internal liquid cooling (Non-Nautical version of “RedArse Spanking Machine™️” originally used this tech) or just used to blast these fools into the next century. Looking for seed investors. ;P

Be well TMC, I know I’m a little stressed with recent stock performance, hopefully P&D is great.

You need to take out "Looking for seed investors." You don't want the SEC on you. /s?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Big Time
Hmmm. I enjoy using FSD but it is making only tiny incremental improvements. Unless there is some massive fix coming up a real autonomous L4 is more than a decade away. Maybe two. It’s just not even close in any way shape or form. It’s fun to use but absolutely no where even close to being used unsupervised. It’s really just an entertainment feature for now and the foreseeable future.

Same as come to me summons. Cool trick but completely unuseable in the real world.
Funny, you mention that. The perception of FSD in this thread versus over in the more realistic autonomous driving thread? Couldn’t be more different opinions, and perspectives.

But I understand why the Rosy outlook in this thread: Elon himself said that the entire financial future of Tesla rests with the success of FSD.

I think we should all be going by actual data - # of miles per disengagements. The best crowd sourced data says 10.69 is around 10 miles. We need to get to the order of about 1000s of miles per disengagement to be close to Robotaxi level. That is still a 100x improvement that is needed.

I wish Tesla published their actual disengagement rates - and how it is improving. Ofcourse with such low rates, they won't do it. May be we should ask that question in ER ...
If we're talking no geofencing and such too, I think we will need miles per disengagement in all types of conditions, road types, etc. Or at least I think that's what Tesla would be looking at for their own risk mitigation, because 1 disengagement per 10,000 miles when people only activate FSD Beta in good weather and on familiar routes can probably quickly turn into accidents per miles if it's operating in winter, in storms, on unfamiliar and weird roads, etc.

And then we need sensor/computer/mechanical redundancies galore, which HW4 appears to be taking further steps towards

Reactions: navguy12
Funny, you mention that. The perception of FSD in this thread versus over in the more realistic autonomous driving thread? Couldn’t be more different opinions, and perspectives.

But I understand why the Rosy outlook in this thread: Elon himself said that the entire financial future of Tesla rests with the success of FSD.
Yah. Elon is such a smart and capable guy that has moved things forward in huge ways. But it seems he is completely disconnected from the real world on FSD. He must drive on FSD. He has to know what’s happening. I don’t for a minute think he is a bold faced liar (he’s not an evil guy although I kinda wish he would step down as CEO) so I can’t understand the disconnect he has with FSD. He must know there is no agency on earth that would even consider looking at FSD as any kind of an autonomous system.

Love the company and the products but holy cow they are out to lunch if they think there is any revenue to be made as an autonomous system in the next decade or two.

Jmho.

They are office and salary employees, so they are being replaced with GPTchat.

Found out why $TSLA is down today:

Mary putting robots in to replace these workers? :)
Holy cow that is big.
The article says they are offering the buyout to the majority of their white-collar workers - basically, chopping management it sounds like.

The elephant, having been swept into deep water, tries to shed its own fat to turn its mighty bulk about ... but the shark is getting ever closer, and (as of Investor Day) we know the shark is accelerating.

Not unrelated, great article at CleanTechnica on the world's unmistakable entry in to the Valley of Death (of ICE vehicles).

The Global ICE industry cliff is here

Of course I’ve watched the current V 11 videos. That’s why I did not even mention FSD in my post.(for same reasons that Elon apparently avoided, emphasizing FSD at investor day.)
They had a whole section on investor day dedicated to fsd 😂. I can’t remember the exact wording but Elon did say the cheaper platform will be mostly used for autonomous driving. So either you didn’t watch investor day or you’re a gas lighter.

They are office and salary employees, so they are being replaced with GPTchat.
ChatGPT is worried that GM doesn't have the skills to implement a tool like ChatGPT.

Screen Shot 2023-03-09 at 11.52.31 AM.png

Elon had also said in the past that he wanted the Model Y to not have a steering wheel or pedals right from day 1
That’s not the point that was being made. The point was saying fsd wasn’t a focus on investor day was just wrong. Also, I’m fine with Elon being optimistic and pushing his teams. That’s how things get done.