Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Basically his thesis is:
USA: no problems
China: probably no problems, but exports to EU will not be sold
EU: huge problems, downtime 1 week will cripple the production for the quarter to less than Austin. Produced cars will not be sold and will buildup huge inventory together with Chinese cars. Inventory will explode and it will show in the numbers soon.

Let's see if he is right...

Holy macaronies! What happened in Norway today? Did they have a national delivery day or something?

Most delivered Teslas in a day ever!

Currently at 615 but might still go up. Almost double the best days of the last couple of weeks.

Tesla Registration Stats
Tesla saw Troy’s estimates and put the hammer down.

Yes, true. Model S Plaid and Porsche Taycan came with Pirelli P Zero custom designed for high performance BEV. Since then all major tire makers are doing analogous efforts.

More recently Goodyear has developed production-ready airlessntiresmintended tomsupport autonomous, BEV and other cars. Those also are allegedly planned for Tesla deployment but I can find no confirmation about that one.

The BEV high performance tires are all structured to deal with high weight high performance situations. A close look and OEM Plaid or Taycan tires shows how different they appear to be.
They look alike but do have different codes.
Do you also remember Tesla having a hand in developing tire compounds? I too have seen the product announcements/developments by the tire companies you refer to... but can'y yet find a reference to the stuff I recall seeing a number of years ago about Tesla directly participating in that....

As this is a random internet forum, a personal note outside of TSLA:

Today is the 1 year anniversary for my dad's lung transplant that's elongated his life in his mid-70's up until now and, hopefully, much longer...but who knows. My dad's got a terminal lung disease for the past 9 years. No cure. He was supposed to be too old to get a lung transplant. He saw his son fall apart a year later and, then, continue to have difficulties in life. Well, we got a lucky break 1.5 years ago: he got accepted into the lung transplant process. I walked with him everyday even though I was battling my own health stuff. He managed to deal with my own issues too.

After the successful transplant a year ago, it's been a team family process where my contribution has been taking him to mostly all of his bloodwork, procedures, and clinic visits (sometimes 3-4 times in a single week). Also, going on errands - all in the Model 3 I got in 2020. Very thankful for getting this car as it really made things easy on us throughout the past year. On the navigation, it still lists my parent's home as "Work". My greatest and most important job I've ever had just completed today as he's finished the 1 year milestone. Here's to hoping for more milestones.