Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the warrior/poet Ricky Martin would say: "SHE BANGS". :D

View attachment 917407

EDIT to add: U.S. Banks are tops of the Leader Board this morning

Components of the S&P 500

#CompanySymbolWeight PriceChg% Chg
486First Republic BankFRC0.017604
up.gif
15.26(+48.89%)
494Zions Bancorporation N.A.ZION0.013955
up.gif
6.48(21.62%)
438KeyCorpKEY0.03244
up.gif
1.80(15.82%)
96Charles Schwab CorpSCHW0.244754
up.gif
7.64(14.72%)
326Fifth Third BancorpFITB0.055845
up.gif
3.04(11.58%)
167Truist Financial CorporationTFC0.132563
up.gif
3.26(10.11%)
363Huntington Bancshares IncorporatedHBAN0.049267
up.gif
1.09(9.80%)
370Citizens Financial Group Inc.CFG0.046556
up.gif
2.74(8.94%)
137U.S. BancorpUSB0.152552
up.gif
2.96(8.10%)
503Signature BankSBNY0
up.gif
5.02(7.77%)
First Republic, can you imagine, down 50% on Monday up 50% today?

Sheesh

Just revealed. Dev demo in about 2 hours:

On topic because any significant AI improvement could help Tesla solve FSD (also, Elon doesn't like how OpenAI is doing this and has been said to consider competing with them for various reasons).

I am happy for all. That is not the point. I've seen many over the years boasting about their this and that like they were some 12-year olds. I got this much, bought this house, etc.

You dig it - fine.
No, don’t necessarily dig it. Just have come to realize it’s a shrug moment. Mostly because I own a mountain. 🤣😂

It’s all good. Sometimes channeling our inner 12 year old is okay, especially on up days after being flogged to a pulp for months.

I seem to recall a story about how Tesla worked very hard on the caliper boot to help make sure the pads retracted to lower drag. So, while they didn't design the whole caliper, they worked with Brembo to customize them.
Is this the same caliper cover that TSLAQ and MSM said was covering up the fact that Tesla replaced the previous brakes with cheaper ones?

I think if Tesla felt extinguishers were important, they would have them at more stations. There is a pretty fair chance this was a local regulatory requirement.

That dry chemical extinguisher is unlikely to do anything if there is a battery fire.
I once had a Ford Cortina (1st car, it ran 🤷‍♂️, paid for it by pumping gas). The back seat caught on fire (smoldering mostly), lucky I knew how to pull them quickly (car stereo installer skills). I think people still smoke things.

An odd one, my 63 Buick carpet caught fire as well due to exhaust touching the floor pan while crossing the desert. (Steering wheel came off too on that one). I always packed an extinguisher. Many reasons a car burns. Those interiors are pretty much plastic, so extinguishers will prevent battery fires - Smokey says.

Happy Pie day!

I think if Tesla felt extinguishers were important, they would have them at more stations. There is a pretty fair chance this was a local regulatory requirement.
Most likely it is put there because of some local regulation/requirement.
Thanks, great point! I didn't think about that and it is very likely based on the city it is located in. 👍

I once had a Ford Cortina (1st car, it ran 🤷‍♂️, paid for it by pumping gas). The back seat caught on fire (smoldering mostly), lucky I knew how to pull them quickly (car stereo installer skills). I think people still smoke things.

An odd one, my 63 Buick carpet caught fire as well due to exhaust touching the floor pan while crossing the desert. (Steering wheel came off too on that one). I always packed an extinguisher. Many reasons a car burns. Those interiors are pretty much plastic, so extinguishers will prevent battery fires - Smokey says.

Happy Pie day!
Why you here? With all those class action lawsuits you’ve obviously been a part of; you’ve got to be stickin’ rich.

Thanks for sharing stories from the good ole days when nobody expected anything to be perfect or last forever, and we all just dealt with life by having some common sense, a sense of humor, and chalking most things up to - well, that’s a story for the grandkids.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but Powerwalls are available for stand alone purchase again. Not all areas are ready but you can submit a reservation for free.
That claim of no longer being cell constrained has further confirmation.

Yes, we all know that, but that brake by wire will not be exclusive to Tesla. Tesla may be the proving ground, and have it for a few years (i.e. other OEMs let Tesla be the guinea pig), but the tech is Brembo tech, they can sell it to any other OEMs. It's not vertical integration.
They gonna be 48V. Bit of a moat !

Has this been discussed here yet? Seems consequential:

From what I could tell, Tesla was objecting to requirements for being able to pay at the stall rather than the app. Also mentioned that this doesn't mean the projects are dead, just that Tesla won't take the money if there are burdensome requirements.

When banks collapse, what happens to the stocks they bought for you? (I have mine in Fineco, FWIW).

Supposedly, there is a "Chinese Wall" between the investment side of the bank and its other departments. As we've seen, there is little oversight into what the Banksters actually do in practise. But in theory, the shares held by their brokerage should be separate from their retail banking deposits.

Has this been discussed here yet? Seems consequential:

Yes, old news. Cali wanted too many onerous requirements for the trivial $6.4M amount of funding they offered. Tesla said "keep it, we're good".

In comparison, the Province of Quebec is providing $360M in direct funding for 367 L3 fast chargers (avg $200K/head). THAT's generous.

Quebec investing $60 million to install 367 DC fast chargers | DriveTeslaCanada.com (2023-03-14)

Yes, old news. Cali wanted too many onerous requirements for the trivial $6.4M amount of funding they offered. Tesla said "keep it, we're good".

In comparison, the Province of Quebec is providing $360M in direct funding for 367 L3 fast chargers (avg $200K/head). THAT's generous.

Quebec investing $60 million to install 367 DC fast chargers | DriveTeslaCanada.com (2023-03-14)
The amount of funding being provided seems pretty substantial relative to the overall project costs although Tesla was already planning to foot most of the bill in their projects compared to other applicants. I had posted this on here previously but this was the table of awards out of GFO-21-604 and it totaled $20.6million

mYz6GQs.png

And of course if the Drive Tesla article is citing $60m CAD, that's a hair shy of $44m USD at current exchange rates.

I know this has been brought up before. But a buddy of mine keeps tabs on job listings at Tesla and Cybertruck specific job listing are being added fast. Many of them are listed as entry level positions which suggests to me they are looking for line workers, not just picking up staff to train or hire others later on.

It’s hard to say how many have been hired total, but there were lists with several dozen listings near the beginning of the year and right now they have 35 openings (which might map to multiple hires each) listed in the past few weeks.

This much hiring makes me think production start is going to be earlier than July/ August which many had predicted. I certainly didn’t expect a May/ June production start after Musk’s comments on the 4Q call.

Attachments

• BF627254-7CAD-43E0-B5D9-5B5547C92265.png
    BF627254-7CAD-43E0-B5D9-5B5547C92265.png
    476.6 KB · Views: 66