Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, that's why bond is red along with stocks, they are pricing in a cratering of the economy. The optimistic part was hoping that Jpow wouldn't be so stubborn, but just like his transitory statements, he is sticking to his guns again. Forward looking bro
The stock market looks to be working towards pricing it in more accurately, we'll see what reality ends up being.

Yes, that's why bond is red along with stocks, they are pricing in a cratering of the economy. The optimistic part was hoping that Jpow wouldn't be so stubborn, but just like his transitory statements, he is sticking to his guns again. Forward looking bro
They are really messing this up.

It's going to see just what Ford's EV margins actually look like.

Expects lots of fluff and announcements tomorrow to distract analysts and investors from paying attention to the god awful margins and operating losses from their EV business

It's going to see just what Ford's EV margins actually look like.

Not until May 5th as I read earlier. Maybe the Burnt Hair fragrance is for Ford... in May.

Yes, along with their ICE, Fleets, and Banking (from memory, check my work).

Reactions: TN Mtn Man
Expects lots of fluff and announcements tomorrow to distract analysts and investors from paying attention to the god awful margins and operating losses from their EV business
I suspect Farley is still new enough in the role he's going to continue playing the "OMG look at the disaster my predecessor left us in" card. He's been fairly forthcoming about Fords faults, it's easier when you only have a couple years as CEO under your belt as CEO.

He'll probably play it straight and say "We're working hard on getting this better!"

Last edited:
I suspect Farley is still new enough in the role he's going to continue playing the "OMG like at the disaster my predecessor left us in" card. He's been fairly forthcoming about Fords faults, it's easier when you only have a couple years as CEO under your belt as CEO.

He'll probably play it straight and say "We're working hard on getting this better!"
The play it straight and forward approach to garner good will approach only goes so far. Once the reality sets in, his feet are going to be held of the fire just as much as his predecessor.

I don't envy Farley....the way the macro environment is shaping up with a Fed induced recession + Tesla waging a price war across territories, it's hard to see how Ford's stock/valuation does anything but continually decline or at best stay flat.

There's little doubt in my mind that when FSD does become good enough to drive mass FSD monthly subscriptions, that Tesla will use at least a portion of that additional high margin revenue to decrease ASP more as they continually expand production. Ford (and legacy auto) have nothing to compete with that dynamic.

Q: Is it possible to hide replies to those who are on my ignore list?
A: Ignore the people who reply to them too much.

I know... not a great solution, but when the care-bears were too active a while back, I did put a couple folks on ignore who I wouldn't otherwise.

Besides, you'd only ask later for the ability to ignore the replies to the people who reply to the people you ignore.

Last edited:
The play it straight and forward approach to garner good will approach only goes so far. Once the reality sets in, his feet are going to be held of the fire just as much as his predecessor.

I don't envy Farley....the way the macro environment is shaping up with a Fed induced recession + Tesla waging a price war across territories, it's hard to see how Ford's stock/valuation does anything but continually decline or at best stay flat.

There's little doubt in my mind that when FSD does become good enough to drive mass FSD monthly subscriptions, that Tesla will use at least a portion of that additional high margin revenue to decrease ASP more as they continually expand production. Ford (and legacy auto) have nothing to compete with that dynamic.
Definitely true.

Farley has a been playing this card since he started electrification efforts in earnest and it's likely he'll get away with it for another few quarters.

Doesn't hurt that Ford the stock is pretty trashed already.

All kidding aside, my father died from complications of undiagnosed colon cancer 16 days ago; he lived on his own, with no pain, until we took him to the hospital 12 days before he died. He died in the hospice that he wished to go to. Five weeks ago he told me he had had a great life, no regrets, great job and family. He had 100% of his mental facilities with him the day he died. I pray I have his grace when I’m on my death bed.

Condolences. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Sounds like he lived a great life.

Doesn't seem like he said anything crazy. Bond market continues to tank, vix is still down today.
Yahoo Finance guy asked a question along the lines of "so everyone is assuming from here there will be no more rate hikes", to which JPoo replied "that's not true", then the markets tanked...

Yahoo Finance guy asked a question along the lines of "so everyone is assuming from here there will be no more rate hikes", to which JPoo replied "that's not true", then the markets tanked...
Jpow spends all this time talking about data driven rate hike decisions and said inflation data seems kind of hot. That financial analyst guy just wanted Jpow to poo poo on the market. Of course he wouldn't back himself into a corner and say no more hikes. The MARKET determines this, not Powell. The data that comes out plus macro conditions with banks determine future rate hikes. If the market determined rate hike to be 0% due to more bank failures and cold inflation data, Jpow will pause rate hikes.

A: Ignore the people who reply to them too much.

I know... not a great solution, but when the care-bears were too active a while back, I did put a couple folks on ignore who I wouldn't otherwise.

Besides, you'd only ask later for the ability to ignore the replies to the people who reply to the people you ignore.
Ogre what are you replying to, the text is hidden 🫥