Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Model 3 highland just leaked!

View attachment 927918
Love the more sporty look 😍 no wonder they were trying to hide this thing. It’s a more significant aesthetic change than I was anticipating!
I can’t tell the difference but I suck at that kind of thing. What looks different from an existing 3? Is this supposed to replace it?

His predictions from mid January were what again?

You can't seriously use the "predictions" he made on March 31st as your basis for grading him or suggesting his predictions 2 weeks into this quarter will be accurate.

The prediction he made... on March 31st was within a few %.

The prediction he made on or before January 15th were not. Nor were the predictions he made on February 15th.

Of course. It's not hard to predict the score when your prediction is done in the last few minutes of play.

We aren't talking about changing predictions over 90 days for deliveries, we are talking about post-delivery revenue estimates made now one week before earnings. Everyone would love to know what the total revenues and ASP are going to be, and Troy has been more accurate than others in estimating this.

Even if ASPs go down, COGS is down significantly from last year as well.

ASPs are going down at least $5k it looks like from $53k to $48k (at best), likely $6k, in one quarter. How do you expect COGS to drop nearly that much in one quarter? Where exactly do you expect it to come from?

Sure Austin and Berlin producing more, but Shanghai produced less, so you still have the fixed costs from 4 factories, now 420k deliveries spread out vs 400k is a bit more leverage but not much.

How much did shipping costs drop in 1 quarter?

Lithium and commodities have dropped, but how much does this change for Tesla in one quarter, given some contracts are longer term?

The only thing I think signficant is IRA credits, which could reduce COGS for cars in U.S. by $2000. But that's still less than $1000 averaged across all vehicles.

• Disagree
Reactions: bkp_duke
Cool PPI numbers

The March producer prices index, a measure of prices paid by companies and often a leading indicator of consumer inflation, declined by 0.5% month over month versus expectations for prices to be flat. Excluding food and energy, the core wholesale prices reading shed 0.1% month over month, much better than the 0.2% increase expected by economists polled by Dow Jones.

Sure Austin and Berlin producing more, but Shanghai produced less, so you still have the fixed costs from 4 factories, now 420k deliveries spread out vs 400k is a bit more leverage but not much.
But Shanghai produced less by being shutdown (in part), so less fixed costs; versus just slowing production with same labor force.

I can’t tell the difference but I suck at that kind of thing. What looks different from an existing 3? Is this supposed to replace it?
Ftjx62_XoAM4OIv

images

The straight cutline across the front was proposed to Elon way back in 2016 when the model 3 was introduced. I thought he liked it but can't find the tweet. He was asking for suggestions and this was one of them. I alway liked it better than the bent upper lip on the current car.

During Tesla's 2023 Investor Day, we learned that it will take about $7T to transition the world's auto fleet to EVs, but only $0.3T to replace fossil fuels with heat pumps for domestic heating. So the question is, how long before Tesla introduces their 1st home heat pump, and were will it be built first?

The Real Reason Tesla Developed The Heat Pump! | The Tesla Space (30 min ago)

Cheers to the Longs!