Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2014 style oil price war is coming soon. Basically, Saudis - when they see the North American producers gaining market share, they start panicking and flood the market with oil supply to crush prices. Now situation is even more complex than 2014, there are fears of recession and exponential adoption of EVs as high oil prices are pushing consumers to EVs and Saudis know that once consumers get taste of EV, they are never coming back to gas vehicles. So, we can expect a price war by Saudis with the sole goal to destroy as much North American oil producers as possible and slow down EV adoption.

The next round of this fight for Tesla will not be with US fed, it will be with OPEC and Saudi. I think we have right weapons in the arsenal - mainly FSD but other factors like the $25k model which will dramatically alter peoples expectation such as stopping purchase of new gas cars and wait for the $25k EV.

Tesla selling 1.8 to 2 millions cars this year will also be sending shivers through the oil supply chains.

No wonder Tesla has boldly declared that this is the year they will destroy ICE forever.

Grab a popcorn... you have front seat on one of the humanity's defining fights.

Last edited:
This type of news just annoys me.

Cybertruck & FSD Tesla. Cut the gimmicky bullcrap and put all your focus on the two things that count right now. Please!!!

To be fair- Tesla promised 200 mph top speed on the Plaid S in 2021 with wheel/tire upgrade. This is a promise already years late on delivery so I'm glad they finally got it done.

This type of news just annoys me.

Cybertruck & FSD Tesla. Cut the gimmicky bullcrap and put all your focus on the two things that count right now. Please!!!
It is good promotional content. The number of people working on this gear is small and very likely has little to no overlap with the FSD/ Cybertruck teams.

Tesla is no longer a tiny company with just a few engineers to work on a given product.

A highly cautious review of Tesla by Morningstar, usually a sober judge of companies’ prospects. Perhaps its value orientation limits understanding of Tesla. $215 share price projection — based on only 5 million cars sold in 2030, and minimal profits from Energy.

Indeed, at 15.7% CAGR thru 2030, that's only a few points above the avg long-term return of the S&P 500 at 11.9%.

This goes to show that Wall St. still does not believe the Tesla story, or the renewables story, and WILL NOT build any change into their financial models before it appears on the 10-K... and some not even then (GoJo/JPMoarGas).

This upgrade must come with an OTA update that unlocks the higher top speed right?

The review posted in a few threads here said the SW "automatically detects" if you have the upgraded hardware, though wasn't clear how, so I expect it'd just be part of all firmware going forward (same way regular track mode is, but only appears as available to cars with the right configs)

Anyone else get this same error with Tesla IR SEC filing links?

"NoSuchKeyThe specified key does not exist.edgar/data/1318605/000195004723000397/xsl/primary_doc.xmlC509MM9BT3CHSQH73PnHnHKLhEPZZEb7MUW6cdYjjn8O3iwJ7QKYGRK+E8wV77DkgBmTe6EdOv0s8zNFcvDCCxCI0qQ="

I just looked at the filings dated today of Zach and Drew selling stock... (also Zach and Drew sold stock, so expect Q to make a big deal out of it as they usually do).... anyway the PDFs worked fine, the HTMLs errored with This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below

I just looked at the filings dated today of Zach and Drew selling stock... (also Zach and Drew sold stock, so expect Q to make a big deal out of it as they usually do).... anyway the PDFs worked fine, the HTMLs errored with This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below
Well Zach and Drew sell roughly the same number of shares on a monthly basis and have done for years, so good luck with them spinning that...

But thanks for the heads-up, indeed the PDF is OK, but the link from the notification email goes to the HTML

Very sloppy...

I just realized I'm not a verified shareholder o_O, well, I wouldn't be able to go anyway. I swear I had verified long ago

But any pointers how to get the document Tesla requires? Best I can find in my broker is the 2022 summary of my positions, nowhere I can do a current document with all the info, and Tesla says it needs to be "Statement date March 31st, 2023"

I just realized I'm not a verified shareholder o_O, well, I wouldn't be able to go anyway. I swear I had verified long ago

But any pointers how to get the document Tesla requires? Best I can find in my broker is the 2022 summary of my positions, nowhere I can do a current document with all the info, and Tesla says it needs to be "Statement date March 31st, 2023"
Outside the US it's almost impossible - I sent a screenshot of my account last year, zero response, it's pathetic