Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to look that up:
Screenshot_20230506_134535_Chrome.jpg

This means that Ford is dropping their company-run consumer reservation system. New customers just deal
with the dealer, although there's also mention of an ability to order on-line. This doesn't tell us how long customers will have to wait after ordering, and it doesn't tell us that customers on the pre-order list have received their trucks.
I can drive up to Portland and pick one up at MSRP Today, they have 2 in stock. Or I can call up my local dealer and buy one of the 6 they have in transit.

There is no waitlist on the F150 anymore.

Alright guys and gals, I need your help. My significant other received an invite to the 2023 shareholder meeting on April 25th. It was sent to her spam folder and she just found out. The link to RSVP doesn’t work. Tesla is still sending out invites. Does anyone have a contact that can try to get us back in? I’ve been tweeting to Martin and Elon, emailed Tesla IR, sales advisor emailing higher ups. Honestly heartbroken and desperate. 😭

I think given inflation it is fair to add $10k to those prices, and one can foresee they will only be selling the tri motor variant for the first 12 months or more.

Still cheaper than a model X, or an F-150 lightning with similar specs

Tesla seems to have adjusted model prices to take advantage of the tax incentives.

Do you think they will keep the CYBRTRK trimotor price under $80k to take advantage of the tax credit?

1683418605709.png

Can't say im surprised at all.

Anyone that considers themselves a car person or racer has come to this conclusion as well. Glad to see someone put some additional numbers down on it. Teslas are the ultimate "driver's cars". Meaning they handle as well or better than anything out there. And if you have taken some time an go talk to the techs working at the Tesla Service Centers, almost every last one of them will tell you that the 3 is their favorite for driving on track, curvy roads, etc. (*I haven't been to a SC since the Plaid S with Track Package was released).

Elon doubters need to be reminded that when Elon said they were going to produce the BEST car, period, he wasn't kidding.
For Tesla to make the Plaid, they had to take their already good traction control and make it the best of the best

You have enough torque on every wheel to do a burnout with all of them at the same time

Controlling that is easy, you just have to be conservative, if the system is estimates x coefficient of friction, you apply torque that reaches 0.9x

The problem is with that you don’t make the quickest production car, you need all the time to be on the edge of the grip limit and at the optimal slip ratio, and that being calculated and applied multiple times a second

I see many people investing in Tesla by future production, volume, FSD and many more, but personally it’s just the kick ass engineering that you don’t see anyone else doing, some do a part in a system or two, but doing in every single piece of a product is mindblowing

I work in a company with 5 people, including myself and even for us sometimes it’s hard to maintain everything tightly integrated, for them to do what they do at the scale at they do? Hell yeah, all my money there

Just hope to be part of the team that does it one day

For Tesla to make the Plaid, they had to take their already good traction control and make it the best of the best

You have enough torque on every wheel to do a burnout with all of them at the same time

Controlling that is easy, you just have to be conservative, if the system is estimates x coefficient of friction, you apply torque that reaches 0.9x

The problem is with that you don’t make the quickest production car, you need all the time to be on the edge of the grip limit and at the optimal slip ratio, and that being calculated and applied multiple times a second

I see many people investing in Tesla by future production, volume, FSD and many more, but personally it’s just the kick ass engineering that you don’t see anyone else doing, some do a part in a system or two, but doing in every single piece of a product is mindblowing

I work in a company with 5 people, including myself and even for us sometimes it’s hard to maintain everything tightly integrated, for them to do what they do at the scale at they do? Hell yeah, all my money there

Just hope to be part of the team that does it one day

Regarding Kicking Asses .... this is Tesla's Answer to Porsch's track only Performance Kit that didn't do much:
In Other News - Porsche now offers a "Performance Kit" for 13.377€ for 2023 model year Taycan Turbo S that - on the Nurnburgring - brought the Taycan time 2sec below the Plaid S to 7:33 New Nürburgring record for the Porsche Taycan

I linked the english press release - you can read that it's only offered in Germany, only for track use - so this is only offered for bragging rights if you ask me.

We know Tesla launches the Model S Plaid in Germany this year (orders went live last week, delivery before EOY 22) - they still lack the performance kit to bring top-speed from 270 (282 claimed on site) to 322kmh - so this alone should beat the Taycan again ...

My guess is Porsche won't keep the crown for fastest production EV on the Ring for long :)

Plaid run is here:
Speed Limit at 7:10 in the Video seems to be below 270km/h

So Porsche mainly got 2sec from streat-legal performance tires now on the Taycan - Tesla should be able to shave those by removing current speed limit I'd guess

EDIT:
View attachment 839032
I was looking for Porsche VMax on the final stretch, and no suprise - 268vMax vs 269 on Plaid. This stretch is loooooong - so TopSpeed Upgrade alone could do it .... rewatching the Plaid run - better breakes are also desperately needed :)

It also tells us that the Rimac 2 gear system probably can't deliver more than 270 even in track-mode - if it could they would have somehow enbled a specal race-mode just for seldom use to gain more ground - but they didn't. I guess Oliver Blume is on the phone with Mate for the upcoming 911 hybrid already ... but I don't know how they wanna regain the bev crown on the ring next year after plaid performance package is released in Germany.

EDIT:

A bit of German perspective - the Porsche Panamera Vmax is 311 Porsche 911 is at 333km/h - so Porsche has already an issue charging so much money for the Turbo S on a Taycan even though the vMax is severly limited (and they already have a garbox(.

For Tesla positioning seams to be clear:

Y perf 250
3 perf 261
X Perf 262
S Plaid 282 now 322 soon-ish

Yeah - it's not easy being Porsche right now from a product positioning point of view.
Also Taycan Turbo S + PErf Package is above 200k€ entry list price (and there might be some dependencies for the performance package as well)

one reviewer mentioned that Tesla is waiting for homologation of the Goodyear Supercar 3R tires for street legal use in EU (they supposedly arte already street legal in US).

IF this happens then Tesla can claim a street legal nurnburg ring car that kicks anything in it's a class and quite a bit above it. The Taycan is still limited to 270 - I guess RIMAC didn't allow them more RPM.

TEsla needs to hurry - Rimac is busy on the tri motor Taycan Facelift.

So if I could dream up what happen's I'D love to see:
2023 Plaid Track PAckage street legal car taking the crown at nurnburg ring
2024 Porsche making lot's of fanfare beating that by a bit with Rimac tri-motor facelift
and ... a month later ... Tesla bringing the Roadstert to the Ring to smoke them all :)

Regarding Kicking Asses .... this is Tesla's Answer to Porsch's track only Performance Kit that didn't do much:

one reviewer mentioned that Tesla is waiting for homologation of the Goodyear Supercar 3R tires for street legal use in EU (they supposedly arte already street legal in US).

IF this happens then Tesla can claim a street legal nurnburg ring car that kicks anything in it's a class and quite a bit above it. The Taycan is still limited to 270 - I guess RIMAC didn't allow them more RPM.

TEsla needs to hurry - Rimac is busy on the tri motor Taycan Facelift.

So if I could dream up what happen's I'D love to see:
2023 Plaid Track PAckage street legal car taking the crown at nurnburg ring
2024 Porsche making lot's of fanfare beating that by a bit with Rimac tri-motor facelift
and ... a month later ... Tesla bringing the Roadstert to the Ring to smoke them all :)
I'd leave that S plaid alone. It is and will be fine for a long time. It is a sedan overall.

The real answer to Porsche EV Turbo is the Roadster. This is what I want to see compete. Now, the question is when will it be up for grabs.

Short weekend OT. Took a rideshare model 3 in NYC this morning. Right after pickup the car slammed on the brakes harder than I ever have in mine. Spouse didn't finished putting seatbelt on and smacked into the back of the front seat. Pedestrian walked directly in front of us from behind a parked truck. None of us saw this person. The driver was visibly shaken, he didn't even know what happened. I explained that the car did it with AEB and he was amazed.

Talking about it with my spouse I realized how few people in the general population understand the commitment to top engineering within Tesla. Not just AEB but all the invisible things. How do you make a population (of buyers, of investors) care more about substance than some fancy leather stitching on a dashboard?

Short weekend OT. Took a rideshare model 3 in NYC this morning. Right after pickup the car slammed on the brakes harder than I ever have in mine. Spouse didn't finished putting seatbelt on and smacked into the back of the front seat. Pedestrian walked directly in front of us from behind a parked truck. None of us saw this person. The driver was visibly shaken, he didn't even know what happened. I explained that the car did it with AEB and he was amazed.

Talking about it with my spouse I realized how few people in the general population understand the commitment to top engineering within Tesla. Not just AEB but all the invisible things. How do you make a population (of buyers, of investors) care more about substance than some fancy leather stitching on a dashboard?
Moral of the story: never put a vehicle in motion before all passengers are safely buckled up. Never, ever.

I can drive up to Portland and pick one up at MSRP Today, they have 2 in stock. Or I can call up my local dealer and buy one of the 6 they have in transit.

There is no waitlist on the F150 anymore.
I monitor all the Portland dealers on line pretty closely and have yet to find one that will sell me a lariat at MSRP. Please let me know if you find one. Many don’t even show one in their website inventory. I left the Beaverton dealer by HomeGoods after waiting a half hr for a salesman to actually talk to me (two weeks ago). They were not busy, just incompetent.

I monitor all the Portland dealers on line pretty closely and have yet to find one that will sell me a lariat at MSRP. Please let me know if you find one. Many don’t even show one in their website inventory. I left the Beaverton dealer by HomeGoods after waiting a half hr for a salesman to actually talk to me (two weeks ago). They were not busy, just incompetent.
Found several F150 Lightings at Courtesy Ford but weirdly their site seems to be down.

Reactions: Cal1