Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think Farley and Musk have a friendly competition. Ford just made a series of posts on Twitter highlighting all the Myriad ways they are emulating Tesla. They didn’t put it quite that obviously, but they did come quite close:

It’s a pretty good thread. Though a bit pie in the sky, at least it suggests that Ford’s leadership’s head is in the right direction. Whether they will be able to execute on it is another question.

PS: Not recommending you invest in Ford at all here.
If only he had an English accent, then I might find him believable. He might have a shot for President; solid platform, talks a good game, but not much follow through.

TSLA close as of December 30,2022 $123.18
TSLA close today 5-22-2023 $188.87
$188.87divided by $123.18 = 1.5332 or 53.32%

TSLA open on 1-3-2023 $118.47
that is 59.42% as of today's close

TSLA all time low between November, 2021 through today was $101.81 on 1-6-2023
that is 85.51% as of today's close

TSLA has tremendous volatility.
Personally, I prefer stuff that has a lot less volatility-- like Tesla (as opposed to TSLA).

My prediction for this week (and you can take this to the bank):
"Still-ramping" Giga Texas will produce 5000 or more Teslas, which already have homes awaiting them.
"Still-ramping" Giga Berlin will produce 5000 or more Teslas, which already have homes awaiting them.

Bullish.

China has passed Japan in terms of auto exports.

Way back when we learned about how favorable Tesla's deal was with China this was the obvious goal of the CCP and also why I laughed off any FUD about China kicking Tesla out or whatever. Tesla is helping China become the dominant EV market and exporter. The US and Europe are very lucky that Tesla has a presence. The IRA is really critical for US auto.

Two things:
  1. I'm very, very sorry that I even said the word, "antics" in my post about my getting a survey from Tesla. Mentioning that word seems to have hijacked the impact of the post, which was that Tesla appeared to be taking some kind of temperature on their user base. People have been going crazy about the criticism of Elon, back and forth, and that wasn't the post's intent. My apologies to one and all.
  2. Going back to the original reason for that post: According to a number of outlets, Tesla Asia has today released a 2-minute video on Twitter discussing why this lady in Singapore bought a Tesla. Um. That's an ad. Watched it. Mainly about safety and features. I'm not good at posting embedded links, so maybe somebody else can do the honors?
Yeah, this is an investor's forum. But I think that this has something to do with valuation of the company, in terms of scaring up more customers.

--

Mod: the subsequent posts that hijacked the thread were moved to Off Topic Galore, including the ones where people started calling each other Nazi (in case anyone was wondering why the subject is off limits here).

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to the original reason for that post: According to a number of outlets, Tesla Asia has today released a 2-minute video on Twitter advertising why this lady in Singapore bought a Tesla. Um. That's an ad.
No, that is marketing, just like the survey you received. (An ad would mean they paid for it to be delivered to you, and that was just a Tweet, not a promoted/paid for ad.)

I have always been fine with Tesla performing marketing, but I still think it is not yet time for them to start advertising...

More on topic for the thread, our stock is having a good morning so far! And yeah, I said it out loud! :cool:
Sure thing! And a third of the average daily volume traded during the first hour. Great stuff.

I’ve had enough of the 100’s. Let’s get back to 200.

IMG_1099.gif

More Twitter overhang lifted?

U.S. Regional Bank stocks are up today, despite macro headwinds:

Components of the S&P 500 (sorted by ↓ %Chg)​

#CompanySymbolWeight PriceChg% Chg
499Zions Bancorp NaZION0.011991
up.gif
1.80(6.40%)
284Albemarle CorpALB0.068743
up.gif
11.24(5.44%)
496Comerica IncCMA0.014787
up.gif
2.08(5.25%)
176Moderna IncMRNA0.118979
up.gif
5.89(4.64%)
501Lincoln National CorpLNC0.009591
up.gif
0.99(4.52%)
458KeycorpKEY0.027309
up.gif
0.42(4.04%)
182American International GroupAIG0.113937
up.gif
2.11(3.90%)
491Norwegian Cruise Line HoldinNCLH0.016826
up.gif
0.51(3.52%)
487Catalent IncCTLT0.019226
up.gif
1.32(3.51%)
388Everest Re Group LtdRE0.040427
up.gif
11.77(3.26%)
170Us BancorpUSB0.122574
up.gif
1.00(3.24%)
405Citizens Financial GroupCFG0.037878
up.gif
0.85(3.14%)
368United Airlines Holdings IncUAL0.044039
up.gif
1.46(3.08%)
344Fifth Third BancorpFITB0.04964
up.gif
0.77(3.01%)

Last edited:
No, that is marketing, just like the survey you received. (An ad would mean they paid for it to be delivered to you, and that was just a Tweet, not a promoted/paid for ad.)

I have always been fine with Tesla performing marketing, but I still think it is not yet time for them to start advertising...
No real problem with your comment.. but the definition of "advertisement" might need some adjustment, I think. No question: If, in the 1970's, one saw something talking about a product in a newspaper, radio, or TV, and it wasn't some kind of news show about the Evils of said Product (usually with burning bits lying about), then, definitely, it was paid for and it was an advertisement.

Now it's 2023. People are ditching cable right and left and watching video on non-traditional platforms. Like YouTube. And.. Twitter. Both of those services (and I'm sure there's lots more than those two) are ad-supported in one way or another. So.. Tesla's not exactly paying for that video, I think, but people's eyeballs are being attracted to the platform, which helps Twitter's bottom line.

Fuzzy boundaries.

Now it's 2023. People are ditching cable right and left and watching video on non-traditional platforms. Like YouTube. And.. Twitter. Both of those services (and I'm sure there's lots more than those two) are ad-supported in one way or another. So.. Tesla's not exactly paying for that video, I think, but people's eyeballs are being attracted to the platform, which helps Twitter's bottom line.
Twitter/YouTube being funded by advertising, doesn't make anything posted on Twitter/YouTube an ad. It becomes an ad when the person publishing it pays a third-party for it to be delivered to people.

I believe it will help to start small:

Cheers to the Madmen!

Seems strange that when $TSLA rallies, headlines like this come out:

Headlines like that come out because they get people clicking and sharing/reposting.

If they can annoy one group and ingratiate another, that's media gold right there