Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed Farley was very quick to change subject when Elon offered further support on the software side, so it is clearly not something he wants. Currenly…

I thought it was hilarious when Jimbo asked Elon where his Roadster was, and Elon goes all long-term yada-yadas. Then Farles says "No, has it reached Mars yet?!"

:D :D :D

The quote is:
I have made it a principle within Tesla that we should never attempt to make servicing a profit center.

Source is Tesla blog:
The reasoning here is if you make money from service and post-sale parts, you have an incentive to make your product fail after warrantee.

If service is never a profit center, you can be laser focused on making your vehicle reliable and low maintenance.

(Not meant as a correction, but a bit of expansion on your post)

I thought it was hilarious when Jimbo asked Elon where his Roadster was, and Elon goes all long-term yada-yadas. Then Farles says "No, has it reached Mars yet?!"

:D :D :D
Farley is good with people. His "Digs" are usually clean and in this case it was either very cleverly double edged or genuinely just a well thought comment.

Now if he would just get rid of Levine...

To counter your opinion with my opinion, I don't think TSLA will get above $275 in 2023. However, once the Fed starts lowering rates in 2024 I think we'll finally start climbing closer towards our ATH, and maybe by the end of 2024 we'll get back there. Maybe. But likely we'll cross $414 sometime in 2025 IMHO.

Not financial advice, of course! :p

I expect something close to this.
$250 by end of 2023
$350 by end of 2024
$420 by 4/20 2025

Perhaps the long game here is F dealerships getting some service or support role for TSLA. F has an extensive dealership network, TSLA has an extensive charging network. This could exist in various forms but IMO would be an acceleration for the adoption of EVs.
What would I do at a Ford dealership? Have them add wiper fluid?

First is a serious question. I suspect a majority of Tesla owners are like me and have never been to a service center after their purchase. Why would they suddenly want to go to a Ford dealer?

Tesla's post sales warrantee costs are very close to (or actually) the lowest in the industry. Routine service is mostly done by remote techs in your driveway.

Farley is good with people. His "Digs" are usually clean and in this case it was either very cleverly double edged or genuinely just a well thought comment.

Now if he would just get rid of Levine...
Mike's riginal question was about space Starman Roadster, he lead in with that he had been talking to Neil deGrasse Tyson about it. Elon missed that, hence his R2 response.

Do you remember the "New Ford Exploder on Mars" Ad campaign/Product Launch a few years back? Complete w. the SpaceX Dragon clone (bad photoshop)? Edit: Nov 2019 img

Fjord.SpaceX.Dragon.Crew.jpg

'I miss the heady days of Yuri Gegarin'...

Last edited:
This is why Cybertruck will be a smack down for anyone that wants to use a truck as a truck

View attachment 941211
Given the fact that Ford's EV department is now run by a Tesla veteran and the fact that Ford seems to be trying hard to emulate Tesla as much as possible, I strongly suspect we'll see cylindrical cells (maybe 4680 if they are available), 1000v, and full NACS charger support in the next Lightning.

Should make for a much more competitive truck.

It's funny, you look at the news and you'd never guess that Tesla is up 25% this month and 6% today alone.

"Ford rises on news of Tesla partnership"...

They are doing their part underplaying what has been a good month. Wouldn't want the MOMO to get out of control would we? That might get investors excited and get some new money trying to ride the MOMO train.

A deal a couple years in the making. Interesting.
Yeah, Ford went from Tesla not gonna make it, to we don’t need no stinkin’ Tesla, to hmm - maybe we didn’t think this through, to we got this watch us destroy Tesla with our own EVs, to OMG harder than we thought and bottom line we suck, to time to ride the coattails of Tesla, here take our money.

I expect something close to this.
$250 by end of 2023
$350 by end of 2024
$420 by 4/20 2025
Ok... I'm not very good at predicting much of anything, but I'm gonna say nope to this.

Tesla is tickling the underside of $200 again. There is a lot of money on the sidelines waiting to catch the next big Tesla breakout.

I seriously doubt we're going to see a sedate march to $250 until year end. My bet is something interesting happens and ignites the powder keg and we splash $350 - 400 by year end. Might not hold, might end back down around $250 or $300, but I'm betting we tap at least $350 by year end.

Last edited: