Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So JOLTS has come in high which means the economy is strong. So interest rates will be raised thus causing TSLA to dip. Correct?
Plus new factory in Mexico, new sub compact vehicle/car/robotaxi, wider release of FSD powered by AI (obv), best selling car in the world last quarter are also reasons for continued TSLA weakness, plus its a weekday and near the MMD time...

Talked to someone at Tesla store

Cybertruck on display available in 4-5 weeks.
Price - and it was a guess, 89K

YMMV
I’m not going to hold my breath that that someone knows squat.

Maybe it’s a moving display vehicle — as in one of the prototypes or preproduction vehicles moving around the country to various showrooms?

There’s no reason for Tesla to put a production Cybertruck on display in a showroom when they could just sell it to any one of thousands who’ve been on the wait list longer than a minute.

Let me go on record, I will take a Cybertruck right now that has been used for crash tests. Tesla puts one in a showroom in 4-5 weeks; this is me —

IMG_9060.jpeg

Talked to someone at Tesla store

Cybertruck on display available in 4-5 weeks.
Price - and it was a guess, 89K

YMMV

I'm not sure I buy that. They aren't in production yet, and if they were I would think Tesla would start delivering those CT's to paying customers instead of sending them to showrooms for display purposes.

I can tell you though, the very DAY King of Prussia gets a CT for display I am driving down there to see it in person!!! :D

I'm not sure I buy that. They aren't in production yet, and if they were I would think Tesla would start delivering those CT's to paying customers instead of sending them to showrooms for display purposes.

I can tell you though, the very DAY King of Prussia gets a CT for display I am driving down there to see it in person!!! :D

You're more likely to see one in the wild before Tesla ever gets one as a display model.

Lol. Less range and acceleration than the Plaid, at 3x the cost, almost 50% more battery [weight]....and without a service or charging infrastructure.

Sign me up!
This tidbit on the subscription was interesting...

"In addition to announcing FF 91 pricing, the company launched a subscription-based mobile ecosystem product called "FF aiHypercar+", which is said to offer integrated software, internet, and personalized AI algorithm services.

This mobile ecosystem product will be available for an annual subscription price of $14,900 both in the US and China"

A thought on the Supercharger Robotaxi connection. I think a RT will have to be able to charge autonomously. That'll be quite a hurdle to overcome for anyone hoping to compete in the Robotaxi market. I doubt that our charging competition will take the initiative to allow for autonomous charging. Any RT competitor would then have to develop their own system and build it out. (Imagine having to pay an attendant to plug in your RT at some CCS charger somewhere.) This also applies to the autonomous Semi and Megacharger. One more brick in the wall.

A thought on the Supercharger Robotaxi connection. I think a RT will have to be able to charge autonomously. That'll be quite a hurdle to overcome for anyone hoping to compete in the Robotaxi market. I doubt that our charging competition will take the initiative to allow for autonomous charging. Any RT competitor would then have to develop their own system and build it out. (Imagine having to pay an attendant to plug in your RT at some CCS charger somewhere.) This also applies to the autonomous Semi and Megacharger. One more brick in the wall.

I expect Optimius would be capable of plugging/unplugging (and maybe even basic cleaning) of robotaxis before there'll actually be sufficient self-driving tech to widely deploy robotaxis.