Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is clear that there would still be the hurdles present that have kept legacy from reaching this level of integration on their own, and their use of a broad and uncoordinated supplier network is a big one of them.

Over the long run it may be smarter for Tesla to build and operate Alien Dreadnought factories for other marques, building another OEM's design upon a Tesla platform where body panels are the most significant difference between theirs and Tesla's designs. Naturally, Tesla will take their cut of the profits.

Granted, it will be some time before Tesla has the time and resources to expend on building factories for others, if ever. It may be easier to buy the trademarks of a failed OEM, taking the useful parts of their design team to carry the style forward, than it would be to work with all the dead weight to overcome in a cooperative agreement to implement FSD directly into the products of another company.

Anyone remember the Body by Fisher emblem seen as one crossed the threshold entering GM branded cars of years gone by? Imagine seeing Skateboard by Tesla or some such label on future cars.

In the end, will it be Taco Bell that won the restaurant wars and Tesla that won the car wars?

Last edited:
Not just him but if you watched Munro do the Mach e tear downs ford had the managers there on camera for some uncomfortable truths. Ford said give us an honest appraisal and let the world know what you think. Fing balls

Plus Ford splitting their EV business into Ford E and showing the world exactly how they are doing financially with EV's, warts and all. It's revealing, confident, and refreshing. It also shows us all just how amazingly well Tesla ramped up as a business over the years in hindsight.

Yep he is completely honest and dedicated to moving ford in a way that the other OEMs only give lip service to at best. I find that refreshing. I puke when I hear Mary, GM is is a pr machine . Hyundai is the only other oem that seems to get it.
Agreed. Very curious how this will play out - hopefully much better than it did for Herbert Diess. Up to this point it seems that if you just go out on camera and make stuff up about EVs while you continue down the ICE path you get support from the highest levels and a golden parachute…and if you really are serious about getting more aligned with Tesla and Elon you wake up to being fired and a severance package. I would imagine Ford investors see the benefits, but do we know who really controls Ford?

I just finished this interview, it's really very good. I like Farley a lot, seems brutally honest and straightforward even about the bad stuff.
Honesty with yourself is the first step to improvement.

They all should be honest. Instead Barra keeps holding hands with Biden and doing nothing.

Diess started to be honest, which did hurt, so VW wants him out.

This decade will be transforming.

Up around 1.75% here at 8:05 EST in the premarket despite NASDAQ leaning slightly negative. I am unaware of any specific catalyst other than last week's momentum (released production or insured units, analyst upgrades, etc) that could be behind this. Happy about this little run but also remember that the last stock split occurred around the $300 level so I'm smiling, but still with gritted teeth.

Also props to Ford CEO Farley for his candor. He's in a tough spot trying to change the course of an aircraft carrier before it crashes. I hope Ford's board/shareholder's are more patient than VW's because things are going to get worse before they start getting better as Ford continues the transition. Still, the admission of a problem is the first step to fixing it.

Up around 1.75% here at 8:05 EST in the premarket despite NASDAQ leaning slightly negative. I am unaware of any specific catalyst other than last week's momentum (released production or insured units, analyst upgrades, etc) that could be behind this.
I saw this morning Saudi's are tightening oil supply again, so gas prices will rise...again. That's gotta help the transition to EVs...can't imagine being stuck on a gas vehicle right now....woof.

Last edited:
I saw this morning Saudi's are tightening oil supply again, so gas prices will rises...again. That's gotta help the transition to EVs...can't imagine being stuck on a gas vehicle right now....woof.
I doubt oil or gas prices are going anywhere until we see real traction in the global economy.

Plus, I don't see where anyone is measuring, but the BEV sales are starting to have a real impact. It is going to be a tough slog for OPEC to spike prices without what some people might categorize as 'unimaginable' cuts to production. And finally, cuts are all talk. SA is trying to lead by example and take one for the team. We'll see how that goes.

You know, based on what we saw in the Munro structural pack tear down, I don't think anybody is going to be reconditioning these packs going forward. They will be ground up into a molecule soup, and separated out into their constituent minerals.
There is no economic way to repair these packs once they are foamed and sealed.
Agree but I was referencing the Powerwall discussion.
Pretty sure tesla or musk at one point said outright that they have a solvent specifically to make repurposing/recycling those easy.
On the other hand Sandy said any of those solvents are quite toxic. I can imagine using them during a recycling process where everything will eventually be broken down completely but maybe not in something that needs to be rebuilt and/or reused. Plus the damage to the cells from ripping off the welded connections unless carefully done by hand which doesn't seem cost effective on a large scale.

Interesting episode from SMR where ARK Invest compares how, in the past, hardware gets the first recognition and later software companies applying their talent to the new hardware eventually become dominant in company/earnings growth.

Growth of Intel vs Microsoft; and, ARM vs Apple iPhone/Google Android; then how the future can follow suit with nVidia vs Tesla growth following this pattern in the AI space. Noting how nVidia just did 25X market cap and extrapolating this to indicate Tesla's AI future.

Last edited:
Unbelievable Musk copying my pronouns:

Screen Shot 2023-06-05 at 6.20.11 AM.png

I just finished this interview, it's really very good. I like Farley a lot, seems brutally honest and straightforward even about the bad stuff.
Yeah, so was Diess. Look what it got him. (But I agree with you, honesty's the better, positive trait, i.e. doing what's right vs. doing what your stake- / share-holders want in the short term.)

Its good to see the stock in the green, but we are a long way down from previous highs. TBH, the stock might be stuck in the 200-250 range for quite a while until there is major news that hits the numbers.
I think a decent Q2 could definitely help, but the price war will not be helping here, although there is a chance this means that Tesla Energy suddenly stands out on the bottom line and analysts start to notice what is going on there?

It has been suspiciously quiet on the semi front. I presume that we are in the production-line-build-out period, and that the current deliveries have proven ok (else why even build the line right?) and we are awaiting proper scale production. Anyone know when? I'm assuming this year, as its a relatively known construction method compared to the Cybertruck.
  • Big upcoming events as I see them:
  • Q2 deliveries
  • Q2 financials
  • First cybetrucks for employees
  • First cybetruck public deliveries and teardowns (This is the big one for 2023)
  • Semi ramp up
I think stuff like dojo, FSD, optimus, Mexico etc will have zero impact in 2023. Maybe something in 2024 if things go well.
I still assert that anybody selling stock before cybertruck deliveries will regret it massively.