Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to be clear @Hock1 this is an anti ark rant. I am pro Tesla. Stock price does not reflect semi impact imo. That is going to be huge. The ford deal is very interesting, supercharging still not appreciated, energy will grow at fair margins. They may one day fix 4680. Lots of reasons to be very bullish on Tesla. Cathy though is loony.

In terms of ark eyes wide open- wide wide wide. She is investing in Enron quality entities.

Volvo's secret - build em smaller so they can accelerate faster! YMMV depending on how much YOU weigh.

Seems late, 2024 for a $35K SUV mini with 214 mi range. I bet China could do this for 1/2 the cost, but respect for VW efforts. I sure wouldn't want to be in the auto industry. Must be terrifying today!

"There is also a top-of-the-line model of the EX30 with dual motors and all-wheel drive. This variant delivers 428 horsepower and can accelerates from zero to 62 mph in a mere 3.6 seconds, making it the fastest accelerating vehicle ever produced by Volvo." (No date when this version hits the roads).

Just received...

The Boring Company

Hey Burnt Bunch,

We’re coming to the end of the wick as your soon-to-be favorite fragrance is closer than it's ever been to hitting your doorstep. We know, this is very exciting news that will surely light up the room.

This is also your LAST CHANCE to change your shipping address. Email us by 6/9 for any update requests.

In the words of our friends from the 80's rock band Europe...

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

Sniff ya later,
Burnt Hair Team

and yes I think this is relevant to the TSLA SP...

"With (Tesla) being the king of meme stocks..." I have never thought this way. In fact, the next time @Artful Dodger changes their avitar to diamond hands, I'm selling all my TSLA and buying a Range Rover.

Haha! I laugh at Crypto bros.

Ultimate legal solutions for online business - AVITAR

www.avitar.legal › ...
Data Protection, IP asset Protection and management, E-Commerce Compliance, Blockchain and Crypto. Ultimate legal solutions for online business.

Realistically one epiphany is unlikely. Nearly every unprecedented development is dismissed by securities people, whose livelihood depends on having a keenly developed sense of the generalized past, coupled with a view that the past defined the future. Corollary: Nothing new has value because it has not been done before.

Tesla breaks too many shibboleths, ones that are still thought to be certainties. Because of that TSLA will be volatile and relatively undervalued until large scale capitulations has happened. That can only happen when:
1. Massive charging infrastructure is as ubiquitous as were places that sold gasoline ten years ago. Among automakers Tesla is the only one that understood that crucial impediment;
2. Sales places are comparable in distribution as are those of, say, Toyota. One way or another local physical sales places must be in place to supplement online sales. Everywhere!
3. Service facilities must be obvious, blatantly obvious, which can quite conveniently be done by multiplying mobile service. Particular items such as emergency charging, tire repair and replacement can make such extensive offering less unprofitable.

All of those they already do, but nearly everyone understates just how enormous the challenge is when countries such as Yemen, Sudan, Bolivia, Myanmar etc are not even dreamed of today, except perhaps in nightmares. In those four, according to my data, Toyota is the #1 seller although chinese ones are coming.

Raising such countries brings up the obvious next points:
4. Tesla Energy, among others, must supply stable electricity supplies from almost all solar and wind with Megapacks and others supplying storage. Why this one? It is fundamental. Those countries and about 100 others have no present electrical supply in much of their territory.
5. Water supplies must be facilitated through desalination, minimizing erosion etc.

The last two points are now plausible and are crucial to the human transition to renewable energy. Those tow point also are directly causes for global poverty, immigrant crises in rich countries and countless armed conflicts.

It may seem absurd to cast all this in such grand context. These are precisely what is implied in Elon's goals. 20,000,000 autos per year really means having a thriving business nearly everywhere in the world. Tesla Energy and all it implies are necessary ingredients to have that happen. When Elon says Tesla Energy will be larger than the autos, maybe less profitable, all this is obviously included.

The most poignant point of all is that everything above is achievable with continuation of the present plans. The ONLY part not explicitly included is water, but the technologies there already do exist.

As all those become evident and have been achieved in initial success, the stock prices will rise. In the meantime talking about the points above makes analyst eyes glaze over as they already do with FSD and Dojo. For these actions speak louder than words. The words will be regarded as signs of dementia. So, don't talk much, just do it!
OT: Your post are great to bring my English on a higher level…Corollary, Shibboleth… glad there is an online dictionary!

I’ve never seen permabear Craig Irwin look so uncomfortable trying to explain this rally. CNBC’s David Faber rightfully scoffs at his $85 price target.

I’ve never seen permabear Craig Irwin look so uncomfortable trying to explain this rally. CNBC’s David Faber rightfully scoffs at his $85 price target.

The description under the video tells us all we need to know...but fear not, according to Irwin: "Im going to be right..Im going to be right" 🥴 🥴 🥴 🥴

1686159483055.png

Now, self driving in India ??? Holy moly … good luck. I was just there in December and Indian traffic is a sight to behold … unbelievable chaos but the people there navigate it with little problems somehow.
I disagree with the generally expressed view on FSD success in India: I think the chances of FSD success there are stronger than many people estimate. Yes, the traffic there can be horrendous and uncontrolled, but so long as your car doesn't hit someone else's car unintentionally, you're ok. This is made for FSD. It doesn't have to follow traffic rules precisely, it simply has to be aware of its surroundings and dodge things. Further, there is likely greater tolerance for erratic FSD behaviour (so long as it isn't hesitating needlessly and holding another driver up).

I disagree with the generally expressed view on FSD success in India: I think the chances of FSD success there are stronger than many people estimate. Yes, the traffic there can be horrendous and uncontrolled, but so long as your car doesn't hit someone else's car unintentionally, you're ok. This is made for FSD. It doesn't have to follow traffic rules precisely, it simply has to be aware of its surroundings and dodge things. Further, there is likely greater tolerance for erratic FSD behaviour (so long as it isn't hesitating needlessly and holding another driver up).
I believe the main issue with FSD in India is it may be too timid and stop when it should be creeping.

Just received...

The Boring Company

Hey Burnt Bunch,

We’re coming to the end of the wick as your soon-to-be favorite fragrance is closer than it's ever been to hitting your doorstep. We know, this is very exciting news that will surely light up the room.

This is also your LAST CHANCE to change your shipping address. Email us by 6/9 for any update requests.

In the words of our friends from the 80's rock band Europe...

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!

Sniff ya later,
Burnt Hair Team

and yes I think this is relevant to the TSLA SP...
Getting exciting. Wonder if there is any significance to the date they gave for deadline for updates… 6/9 🙂

Another 'all clear' buy signal has been given!!

Wonder how this has worked out for this 'legendary' value investor:

The English language is still a major hurdle for people in Hungary.
So obvious that it shouldn't be OMV but OMG.

View attachment 944673

IIRC, one pagan God of Hungarian mythology was VĂ­z Atya (also called VĂ­z Apa or "Water Father") as described in his collection of folk beliefs "Magyar mitolĂłgia", written by Catholic Priest Arnold Ipolyi in 1854.

In one legend, a shaman, Táltos, would be chosen by the gods before birth or during childhood... which is now recapitulated in the modern-day retelling of this folk-lore by the CCS2 working group in 2012:

Audi, BMW, Daimler, Ford, General Motors, Porsche and Volkswagen: 1 Pagan converted, 6 to go. Who's next?

Cheers!

Another 'all clear' buy signal has been given!!

Wonder how this has worked out for this 'legendary' value investor:

Krugman clearly has not done his HW on Tesla or Musk .. another "economist " that just does not get it ... he needs to be put out to pasture

summary
  • musk does not work hard
  • musk is not cool
  • Tesla has no network effect
  • Telsa is just a car company
  • Krugman is an idiot

I am pissed at myself for clicking on this recycled article :mad:

Last edited: