Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well time for you all to be nice. and me to come clean.
I took all (98%) of my money out of TSLA when it reached $180/share. I believed elon when he said it was going to be rough for the next year. And I got a knot in my stomach when the stock went so low for no reason that I could figure out last year. And at $180 I had enough to live on at my current economic level till I die. And I am 67 this year and I kept hearing all the bulls talk about "in ten years". Noone in my family has lived to 80 yrs old ever.
My wishful thinking 4 yrs ago was that I could triple my money with TSLA, and at $180 I more than did that.
SO I am happy for all of you, but I have to fight to be "logical" and see the big picture.... and yet I wonder if I got back in tomorrow.
This hurts when I start thinking the wrong way about it.

Last edited:
If Tesla can continue this rip through after hours could potentially continue the macro bullrun into a strong close. Thats the kind of stuff that we need for a SWIFT ATH!

6 days like today and we’re at ATH

Wait just a minute there bud.

That would really screw up my (impossible) 1% per trading day strategy. ;)

Last edited:
Sure, but what will marginal profits be when superchargers are utilized materially more at a similar cost structure?
Correct, either way regardless of whether non Tesla owners pay double or not, the revenue coming in when EV's have transitioned to mass adoption and the utilization rate of each Supercharger is much higher than today will result in big things for Tesla's earnings.

Tesla's Superchargers becoming the de facto gas station of the future isn't priced into the stock at all.

I'm not sure that's true. I just listened to the recording and Elon seemed to want to assure everyone that non-Tesla EVs would be on an even playing field.
He said that, I think he was talking more technically about not being charge speed restricted as well as having full access to API to integrate into GPS etc., ref the talk with Farley.

I guess a model as in Europe, slightly higher rate, or same rate + small monthly subscription charge. The latter may be covered by Ford/GM as part of the deals - in effect making it 100% level for consumers.

100% equal «in all respects» is otherwise probably not fully OK - in relation to TSLA shareholders…

Wen Golden Cross?
1686258291903.png

Queue the disgruntled Tesla owners with the 'We bought a tesla strictly because of the superior charging infrastructure, you screwed us again Elon' rhetoric.
I'm definitely not one of those. I'm quite happy to share the Superchargers as long as Tesla can build them out fast enough so they aren't too crowded. And I think Tesla will deliver on that.

From a business standpoint, it makes sense to charge everyone the same. You want to build goodwill with non-Tesla owners so they come to love the brand and eventually buy a Tesla.

I think this move and the one with Ford, and the ones that will follow really shows how far Tesla is ahead, not on engineering, manufacturing, culture and so on only, but also on future thinking and extrapolation

When NACS were announced, it was skepticism everywhere, even here, but Tesla knew what they were doing, and that is the case on so many more projects and initiatives that are laughed at today, people saying the ones taking the decisions are idiots, when it's always been the contrary

Last edited:
well time for you all to be nice. and me to come clean.
I took all 98% money out of TSLA when it reached $180/share. I believed elon when he said it was going to be a rough for the next year. And I got a knot in my stomach when the stock went so low for no reason I could figure out last year. And at $180 I had enough to live on at my current economic level till I die. And I am 67 this year and I kept hearing all the bulls talk about "in ten years". Noone in my family has lived to 80 yrs old ever.
My wishful thinking 4 yrs ago was that I could triple my money with TSLA, and at $180 I more than did that.
SO I am happy for all of you, but I have to fight to be "logical" and see the big picture.... and yet I wonder if I got back in tomorrow.
This hurts when I start thinking the wrong way about it.
Lots of options. You could split the difference for example. Buy back half and keep the other half in something boring like the SPY. Or just chill and wait and see. Buying in at $300 and $400 will still be amazing if we come anywhere close to the big bull predictions.

Peace of mind is invaluable. Not financial advice of course.

Last edited: