Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am just saying, you would rather have the car available at night rather than hooked up to level 2 charging and not available.
There will be a huge fleet of unused vehicles available at night, the ones with sufficient charge can unhook/pull off their induction pad and provide the ride. Automated charging and vehicle communication has to be part of the system.

Reactions: y_naught
Anyone expected sooner?

The portion of the factory for it haven't even started construction, specially if they will use 4680 for those from the start, which also need to comission the whole manufacturing line

Right. This is actually old news. When Tesla announced they were building the production line for the semi at Giga Nevada in a yet to be built expansion of the facility, that pretty much guaranteed late 2024 at the earliest. The upside surprise will be to hear what their volumes have been in the meanwhile from the their prototype line.

Why do you think robotaxis would suddenly make people decide not to sleep and instead choose to ride around in the middle of the night? Doesn't make sense.
Might be a good time for some of them to deliver a few packages, taking a little daytime Amazon, FedEx, UPS, and USPS truck traffic off the road, mechanically plop items off on people's driveways. People like to buy items.

NVDA hit $1 T mkt cap today
TSLA will hit 1 T at approx $315.50
inevitable and foreseeable. imminent
NVDA already has AMD trying to compete in AI chips
where is competition for TSLA?
none. zero. does not exist.
so why should NVDA have a larger market cap than TSLA?
i expect TSLA to surpass NVDA mkt cap in foreseeable future
eventually, TSLA market cap will make AAPL look like a small cap stock
just my personal opinion
not investment advice

Might be a good time for some of them to deliver a few packages, taking a little daytime Amazon, FedEx, UPS, and USPS truck traffic off the road, mechanically plop items off on people's driveways.
Packages sitting in people's driveways overnight? I see another demand for late night robotaxis, going around stealing packages.

I’m going to start calling you Sgt. Schultz!
(or Shultzy for short)
1686699719705.png

OK, I got a different take. Why would Elon announce this? We were not waiting around for Semi, all eyes are on CyberTruck and FSD. So why even mention an impact next year and beyond if he didn't want the stock to cool some. Maybe he's thinking employees have had enough growth in their portfolios for now, and too much too fast could cause an increase in attrition for the newest Teslanaires. Even leave less growth for the next phase of hiring. So like the Waves in Shipping, he's trying to level out his turnover? Maybe it's one reason.

Another might be he needs to change direction on a factory build out and just needs to be out front with the news. It just seems odd to me.
Per Elon; probably not good for business but the morally right thing to do - in this case be honest.