Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But wait...I don't get it /s

6 days ago...

Clearly they are net short. as we all know by now, there is no longer any pretense of a "Chinese wall".

But wait...I don't get it /s

6 days ago...

If GS is this far off, in spite of all the available data, it's hard not to question their competence as an investment banking company. If they are this far off on Tesla, a company with more information available concerning products, profits, future developments than any in the world-what are the chances of them picking winners and losers of companies where there is far less analysis and data available? Makes me question the wisdom of anyone holding $GS.

Here's a good Elon interview, and for those that don't care for Steven Mark Ryan, he doesn't critique it. The interview itself is all that plays.

Unlike many politically correct folks, I like SMR. He's been honest and consistent. Unlike many, many others he's been quite on track with criticizing the media and observing the truth. Many have called him names, which I get, but nevertheless he gets my vote.

People have become softer and scared. It used to be fine to call somebody "fat" when it was the truth. Now, it ain't so because we can hurt one's feelings. This is not the worst - it is only so because the media uses its powers to tell folks what to think.

SMR, thanks God, ain't from the US of A so he can name things by their first and last names.

He's been the only one while all the others were totally silent, to say the things people needed to hear especially about Tesla's mission and the abuse and corruption from the govt and media.

519,967 as seen on row 157 col Y

In today's video he said he didn't factor in enough production down time at the factories in Q2.

Maybe after years of error rates this large James should consider factoring in that his predictive model simply isn't very good? As I pointed out earlier some of his previous-years predictions had stuff like including production #s on new vehicles not even announced yet but somehow expecting delivery to customers within the same year. In their entire history Tesla has never done anything remotely like that.

He's a nice guy, but years on of this he appears to be making no effort at ever being any less wrong.

This is correct. Any rise in the SP has to be measured against the rather dramatic fall from the recent ATH.

That was 19 months ago, when Interest rates were 0% :p And the FED was buying Corporate Paper like it was toilet rolls (well, you got me on that one).

Butt no, the relevant metric is the 52-week High (and Low), which currently sits at:

52 Week Range$101.81 - $314.67

I do expect we'll crack the 52-weak High w. a Q2 Earning beat (margins up vs. Q1). YMMY.

JPow is still a wild card. Don't expect hedgies won't play him.

My tsla is not moving on RH, anything special you have to do?

Yes. You have to subscribe to their Patreon. Otherwise, it's too-weaks... /s

(I know it's a low blow, but I had the shot, there was no danger, so I took it.)

top-gun.jpg

See y'all at Fighter Weapons School... ;)

Yes its in an extremely low volume market, but currently trading at 273$ in pre market in Frankfurt... One of the biggest jumps I have seen in some time. That said I guess the SP will end in the red for the day, there is always a negative spin on good numbers:p:rolleyes:
...every car Tesla sells is almost always to a person who won't buy a Tesla the next quarter. This is 466,000 people who almost certainly won't buy a Tesla next quarter...and probably not in the next year! Or three! Or 10! Think of how the near-term potential customer pool shrinks as more and more people own Teslas!

With just under 480k produced I'm estimating $25B in rev. That would be trailing twelve month revenue of about $94B.

Corresponding Price to sales valuation:
price/salesQ2
4$120
10$300
15$451

As a reference for Q1:
price/salesQ1
4$110
10$275
15$412

And finally full year estimates:
price/salesQ1Q2Q3Q4
4$110$120$127$134
10$275$300$318$336
15$412$451$477$504

My end of year price target is $330.
2023 production just over 2M vehs
2023 revenue of $105B

There is no pleasing everyone with forecasts, too high and you're giving ammunition to the shorts but too low you're not bullish enough.

People doing this need to focus on the work and stick to their guns while disregarding the peanut gallery
Why even bother with estimates? Is this done for GM, Ford, BMV, VW?

Tesla is big enough that quarterly delivery numbers are almost irrelevant IMO, at least the minutiae...

Maybe after years of error rates this large James should consider factoring in that his predictive model simply isn't very good? As I pointed out earlier some of his previous-years predictions had stuff like including production #s on new vehicles not even announced yet but somehow expecting delivery to customers within the same year. In their entire history Tesla has never done anything remotely like that.

He's a nice guy, but years on of this he appears to be making no effort at ever being any less wrong.
As James says himself, the first rules of forecasting is that your forecast will be wrong.

Personally I value his analysis. His drills down into the data considerably, and whilst the numbers will never be 100% correct, his analysis and the general themes of things to be aware of as a Tesla investor are I think accurate.

His charts also give a very good visual interpretation of some of the important metrics.

Yes its in an extremely low volume market, but currently trading at 273$ in pre market in Frankfurt... One of the biggest jumps I have seen in some time. That said I guess the SP will end in the red for the day, there is always a negative spin on good numbers:p:rolleyes:

Wow, almost 7% up on German tradegate exchange: