Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of Bots, here's a silly prediction. Seems Tesla shows bots in groups of Prime numbers. (Recalling 3 in the Bot build scene, then 5 below). If so, next movie should have 7 bots. I'll be counting them of course. (It's a number thing, sorry.)

View attachment 953558
Maybe he is following a Fibonacci Sequence, in which case the next number will be 8

^Great news for human life sustainability. I don't know how truly important this is for EV's, since I assume we have several battery chemistries to choose from in case of shortages, but this is absolutely massive for agriculture. My horticulture professor talked about phosphate shortage dangers decades ago already - to have this massive deposit turn up in Norway, a stable country, is a good thing for all of us.

Between Norway's phosphate, Kazakhstan's potassium, and Peru's guano, we may not have to rely on Martian poo potatoes for sustenance after all!

As shown by @hobbes, Europe has consistently grown, basically Q2 is on par with the great Q1.
I noticed that the "Other" segment has grown too: at 8506 for the quarter, it is the 4th "country" in Europe.
This suggests other markets are picking up the pace, and that we'll need a longer table ;-)

Source:

The 2023 World Artificial Intelligence Conference in Shanghai is ongoing:

Buckle up for an extraordinary showcase of innovation at the 2023 World Artificial Intelligence Conference in Shanghai@ShLetsMeet#WAIC #ArtificialIntelligence

Twitter user zhongwen2005 had some tweets from there:

2023 World Artificial Intelligence Conference, #Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk said full self-driving will come at the end of this year

With the rapid development of artificial intelligence technology, full autopilot will be achieved around the end of this year. "I've made many similar predictions before, and I admit the previous ones weren't entirely accurate, but this one, I think, is relatively close." #tesla

#Tesla Musk: Tesla humanoid robot still in development stage

#Tesla CEO Elon Musk: Tesla is willing to share self-driving technology with automakers.

Who will be first to announce the adaptation of FSD? What's your guess?
Perhaps Mary this time?

As this is a strategic move for a company it's hard to guess.
The first may be one that was first with adopting SC.. or the one who was last adopting SC and now wants to gain on the others?

Competitors have a big problem of a fleet that is incapable of FSD, only their new cars could become FSD-capable.
After a major internal redesign.... OTA is a necessity for FSD. Internal highbandwidht network is a necessity for OTA. Internal HBN is useless without consolidated car SW and controlers that speak same language. Controllers and SW that can speak to eachother need consolidated supplier network (or better yet - its own SW and mikroprocs). ETC...
After thinking a bit about this ... forget about it, it ain't gonna happen.
At best some company may reach a deal with tesla to start building model 3 the same way tesla does, using same suppliers as tesla does (and buying components from Tesla). Such a model results in a non-tesla Model 3 that is more expensive than Tesla Model 3.

Elon is just playing a nice guy... it's not his fault nobody else can implement tesla's FSD on their cars.

Lolwut?!? This is nonsense. GTFO.

SIMPLE EXAMPLE:

Company X has 1,000,000 shares on issue.

There are 100 shareholders owning 10,000 shares each.

Current share price is $10. Market cap is $10 million. Each shareholder with 1,000 shares has $100k worth of shares.

1 person sells their 1,000 shareholding to a new investor, at a price of $11 per share.

After transaction with the share price at $11: market cap is $11 million. Each shareholder with 1,000 shares has $110k worth of shares.

$1 million worth of market cap has been added, no one has lost any money.

Even using the absurd notion of foregone gains by those that sold, the person who sold at $11 has lost precisely zero dollars, while the other 999 shareholders have gained $10,000 each.

lets say the next sale is at $22 per share. The market cap increases by $11 million to $22 million, and 999 shareholders gain $110k in the value of their holding. The one person who sold at $11 has missed out on that $110k in upside gains, but that is 1 person missing out on 110k vs 999 people up 110k each.

In no way is that a zero sum game.

There is a reason the Weapon of Mass Wealth Creation known as the stockmarket is one of the best inventions ever.
Wow, I can't believe this is still going on.

Can't we just agree that investing IS a zero-sum in terms of the number of shares (excluding splits and new issues), but it is NOT a zero-sum in terms of the dollars going in or out of Tesla?

I think most of this is arguing about symantics. Please stop!

CCS1 and CHAdeMO will likely be left to die. (CCS1 would have had a chance if CPO built out the network faster and had higher reliability.)
Think about how close we came though to suffering with an inarguably inferior product. I'm not prone to swallowing conspiracy theories but for the past 10 years, it was extremely frustrating to listen to the vocal minority of CCS owners predicting the demise of the SpC Network. Every argument they could think of had no basis in fact yet they were convinced that the NACS was toast. There are still members of non-Tesla forums that are bitter over this transition and have vowed to never give Musk a dime. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
And even though there is not a single argument or metric that CCS holds an advantage over NACS, it was purely the incompetence of the public charging infrastructures major players that got us here. They incorrectly assumed that CCS was "the" standard and competing with NACS in any way was unnecessary.
It has restored my faith in that given a fair fight, the superior product can win. This wasn't a fair fight and it was almost a technicality that the better standard won. Truly a David vs. Goliath moment.

After thinking a bit about this ... forget about it, it ain't gonna happen.
Elon is just playing a nice guy... it's not his fault nobody else can implement tesla's FSD on their cars.
In regard of the external hardware adaptation Tesla already demonstrated that they could cover different models simultaneously. And I'm pretty sure they haven't had today's software architecture in mind as they delivered the first Model 3 in 2018. The internal FSD hardware, call it the brain, has to be part of the deal and includes the OTA interface. The other part for steering and driving will use a common API.
Sell everything as a black box, that's what today's OEM know and understand and give it a fancy name without your brand in it like:
Worldwide Human Automatic Transport, or short
WHAT
/s

And even though there is not a single argument or metric that CCS holds an advantage over NACS
The advantage of CCS1 and CCS2 is that AC and DC are separated so you do not need to build in switch equipment in the car to direct the current either to the battery or to the onboard rectifiers. The early Model S and X had an HVDC switchbox for this (underneath the backseat) which costed apparently ~500USD. I don't know how they solved it in the Model 3 and Y.
Afaik this was the reason for OEM's supporting the CCS model years ago: cost savings on the car side.

Wow, I can't believe this is still going on.

Can't we just agree that investing IS a zero-sum in terms of the number of shares (excluding splits and new issues), but it is NOT a zero-sum in terms of the dollars going in or out of Tesla?

I think most of this is arguing about symantics. Please stop!
Sure. Done.
Next discussion: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

The advantage of CCS1 and CCS2 is that AC and DC are separated so you do not need to build in switch equipment in the car to direct the current either to the battery or to the onboard rectifiers. The early Model S and X had an HVDC switchbox for this (underneath the backseat) which costed apparently ~500USD. I don't know how they solved it in the Model 3 and Y.
Afaik this was the reason for OEM's supporting the CCS model years ago: cost savings on the car side.
That's incorrect.

NACS: port leads go to charger
Pack leads go to charger
Contactors bypass charger

CCS:
Port AC leads go to charger
Port DC leads go to contactor
Contactor and charger go to pack

The advantage of CCS is that it didn't impact existing AC only cars (pins were undersized for DC fast charging) and the charger input doesn't need to withstand full pack voltage.
SmartSelect_20230706_085202_Firefox.jpg