Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how about the ones who bought TSLA at $400 ?
If you believe that $400 is a cap on TSLA SP then why are you here? I'm expecting TSLA to surpass AAPL market cap in the next few years. Folks who bought and held from $400 will be bragging about what geniuses they were.

margin decline is a real concern... at least for investors

Not when it's a decline due to a known one-time event, particularly when that event is a major retooling for a new product. That's extremely bullish long-term.

how about the ones who bought TSLA at $400 ?

anyone who bought in for a short-term quick buck is not a real investor, they're a speculator. if you think Tesla's on the wrong path, then sell, but whining about incremental margins quarter to quarter is counter-productive to Tesla's long-term success.

not at the high margin levels Tesla operates at though. that's asinine.
are you speaking about personal margin?

What high margins? Tesla's operating margin is 10% (a bit under).

This is the same level as Daimler, BMW, even Toyota. Literally industry standard operating margins.

And currently, earnings growth is very weak.

But Tesla is at a weak point right now, we should expect operating margins to go back up, and growth to go back up (especially with Energy), such that a valuation of 1 trillion or more can happen sometime in later part of 2024 (my guess).

If you ever doubted the insanity of the mrkt.

Here is the proof it is insane!

I think the notion that Q3 P&D might be less than Q2 due to shutdowns is the main reason TSLA is dropping now. Lowered guidance will normally do that.

Long term it won't matter of course, but I can see how that might be negative in the short term.

What high margins? Tesla's operating margin is 10% (a bit under).

This is the same level as Daimler, BMW, even Toyota. Literally industry standard operating margins.

And currently, earnings growth is very weak.

But Tesla is at a weak point right now, we should expect operating margins to go back up, and growth to go back up (especially with Energy), such that a valuation of 1 trillion or more can happen sometime in later part of 2024 (my guess).
In the conference call Elon reminded everyone to buy low and sell high. It would appear that while FSD has no to little value at this point, that would indicate a buying opportunity.