Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to note, if Highland announcement does in fact happen tomorrow, this is definitely a twitter account to follow on a regular basis. They've been saying Sept 1st for a couple weeks now based on their "sources".

Not saying the account will always be spot on with insider news but they've been correct a few things now over the past couple of months.

The referenced account first gained notoriety for getting and sharing China P&D #s in advance in 2021/2022 I believe. Sometimes they were very accurate, sometimes off the mark. They went dark for a bit, but have returned within the last couple months and have been more vocal than ever.

To be fair, I think the account that actually leaked the 9/1 date was this one ("Chris Zheng"), which "Tesla China Analyst" reposted:

It seems that Tesla China Analyst has access to various sources within Tesla and/or China that make them worth paying attention to, at least until I see enough evidence to convince me of the contrary.

The only thing that worries me about stalkless is roundabouts. In The Netherlands I'm required to use a turn signal when leaving the roundabout. It will be quite hard to figure out which button to press if the wheel is upside down. Does anyone have experience with roundabouts and stalkless turn signals yet?
Sure. But it will be a matter of practicing. Your muscle memory is more capable than you think... if you want to learn it, you will in a matter of days.

Just to note, if Highland announcement does in fact happen tomorrow, this is definitely a twitter account to follow on a regular basis. They've been saying Sept 1st for a couple weeks now based on their "sources".

Not saying the account will always be spot on with insider news but they've been correct a few things now over the past couple of months.
Why would Tesla notify employees at midnight to come in early? But if that notice went out on their yesterday, wouldn't we have also heard about it sooner like last night? It's 1:20 AM in Shanghai now.

I'm on the fence here, so we'll see at market close, lol. Wouldn't that make for a sparky Friday! Picked up some lotto's, why not. 🤷‍♂️

The only thing that worries me about stalkless is roundabouts. In The Netherlands I'm required to use a turn signal when leaving the roundabout. It will be quite hard to figure out which button to press if the wheel is upside down. Does anyone have experience with roundabouts and stalkless turn signals yet?
It’s a requirement in other countries as well including the US.

I do get the mind **** that happens when the steering wheel is upside down and you want to do anything regarding a song/station/volume change, answer a text/give a command etc…. I’m always rather pleased with myself when I can figure it out. It means I’m still capable of making toast without burning down the house.

Why would Tesla notify employees at midnight to come in early? But if that notice went out on their yesterday, wouldn't we have also heard about it sooner like last night? It's 1:20 AM in Shanghai now.

I'm on the fence here, so we'll see at market close, lol. Wouldn't that make for a sparky Friday! Picked up some lotto's, why not. 🤷‍♂️
Well we wouldn't know when the employees were notified. You're taking the time of that tweet as the exact time employees were notified when in reality it could have been a couple hours earlier. I think it's relatively normal for a company to send an email around 9-10 at night to inform employees about a teleconference in the morning the next day.

But remember, this twitter account and another have said that employees have known Sept 1st was the date as early as 1-2 weeks ago.

At least we only have like another 7-9 hours to go. I would assume that if there's no announcement by 10 am China time, it's not happening.

Last edited:

I do get the mind **** that happens when the steering wheel is upside down and you want to do anything regarding a song/station/volume change, answer a text/give a command etc…. I’m always rather pleased with myself when I can figure it out. It means I’m still capable of making toast without burning down the house.
Look at you! 🎉

If it's drive by wire (rumored) why the need to invert the wheel at all? A 45 degree angle each side could support full range, no? Make it a natural log from center, feature enabled/adjusted in your personal setup.

Last edited:

Yesterday I was wondering why my Kona's left regen paddle* wasn't working to put my car into hold at an intersection, and then I realized I already had it half-turned.

* It doesn't have full 1-pedal driving on the accelerator but you can use the left paddle to stop. It will put it in hold when you stop that way.

• Informative
Reactions: Krugerrand
I think I have an old engine hoist around here somewhere if anyone needs help removing their Cybertruck wiper.
I've got a bunch of tools for old cars. Figure maybe I can help someone out someday (plus I don't want to sort them all). My spare fluids have all dried up or have clogged. Just a toxic shelf now that could explode someday. :oops:

But I still don't have a hoist... you know, so I don't have to bend over when filling tire air. 😂 Oh, and a funnel of course. :)

Capping all day today and yesterday to prevent 260 Calls from paying out come Friday. MM's showing no fear of a Highland announcement and its effects on the share price 🤷‍♂️

Even if Highland announcement happens, odds are they'll be able to hold it down the day tomorrow. Would be very satisfying to see them steamrolled tomorrow though

Edit: Btw volume on the 260 calls continues to build for this week. 👀

Last edited:
Speaking of fun, TSLA Volume past couple days looking good (well, back to normal, so they say).

Edit: 107.5 M for the day today.

1693507038537.png

Last edited:
Reactions: capster
When on FSD, I sometimes confuse the turn signal for the FSD control stalk. I think stalkless might be an improvement but no first hand experience. I'm all for removing buttons because one of the lifetime limiting parts of a car are the buttons, which typically fail at around 150K miles. Usually button failure is when people start seriously thinking about trading in.

You really hit that one right on the button.
The fewer failure points, the better. (including the driver in many cases)

(I once sold a Jeep Cherokee with 350K miles on it simply because the power window buttons became flaky)

Reactions: wipster and jerry33
FSD often activates the turn signal for sharper curves, it will likely automatically put the turn signal on. Few roundabouts here, and the last time I was where there were some I disengaged as it was an older FSD version that didn't handle roundabouts well.

I hope its not stalkless. Removing USS without equiv functionality was amazingly dumb. Removing stalks just makes the UX worse still. Elon really needs to get over his obsession with removing features with each update.
My 2022 model Y still cannot summon or autopark, and the teslavision parking display is a cheap joke. Even given that, I feel lucky I got one before elon took away stalks. Someone needs to have enough influence at Tesla to tell him when he is wrong.
Stalkless is OK for everything except the indicators, there we need some other solution, I have many bright ideas that I could put to Musk over a couple of beers...

The fact that stalkless is difficult when navigating roundabouts is another example of Tesla's clearly being designed in california. Here in the UK roundabouts are EVERYWHERE, and certainly where I live they are way, way more common than traffic lights. I'm not even sure where the nearest set of traffic lights is to me, but can picture at least half a dozen roundabouts on the way to the nearest town.

In these days of dropping battery prices, casting bodies, and improved automation, it seems like the savings from not including something as tried and tested and universally expected as indicator stalks is a trivial change to purchase price, but a huge UX fail. If Tesla are so certain that people will see the wisdom of it, then offer the customer a choice. Give us stalks for an extra $300. I'd pay $1k to have USS that actually worked!

The fact that stalkless is difficult when navigating roundabouts is another example of Tesla's clearly being designed in california. Here in the UK roundabouts are EVERYWHERE, and certainly where I live they are way, way more common than traffic lights. I'm not even sure where the nearest set of traffic lights is to me, but can picture at least half a dozen roundabouts on the way to the nearest town.

In these days of dropping battery prices, casting bodies, and improved automation, it seems like the savings from not including something as tried and tested and universally expected as indicator stalks is a trivial change to purchase price, but a huge UX fail. If Tesla are so certain that people will see the wisdom of it, then offer the customer a choice. Give us stalks for an extra $300. I'd pay $1k to have USS that actually worked!
We don’t have roundabouts like the UK, but they are becoming very prevalent here in San Diego, most neighborhoods where they are concerned about speeding have roundabouts put in when the streets are redone.