Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stalkless is OK for everything except the indicators, there we need some other solution, I have many bright ideas that I could put to Musk over a couple of beers...
I like my stalkless indicators.

share price certainly isn’t moving much considering these China highland rumors. If the biggest part of Highland is increased margins, that might not juice the stock price until mid February when 4Q results come out.

The fact that stalkless is difficult when navigating roundabouts is another example of Tesla's clearly being designed in california.
It doesn't really work in CA either. After a year with my Model S yoke I still have to look down to position my thumb and glance again to confirm the correct button was pushed. Same with gear change; glance to position finger, glance again to confirm. Both stalks allow engagement without ever looking from the road.

So here's the latest EXCLUSIVE on M3 Highland, take it as you wish, Safari translates to English:

Most notably they are claiming stalkless...

I found this interesting, too:

Other changes include the adoption of streaming media rearview mirrors, ...

If this isn´t something the translation made up sounds like digital mirrors which should increase range due to less air resistance :)

The only thing that worries me about stalkless is roundabouts. In The Netherlands I'm required to use a turn signal when leaving the roundabout. It will be quite hard to figure out which button to press if the wheel is upside down. Does anyone have experience with roundabouts and stalkless turn signals yet?
I don't know how it would be with a steering wheel, but with the yoke it's not at all intuitive. Sometimes I'm able to find it, other times not

In Belgium it's less of an issue as folks here have no clue how to navigate roundabouts correctly and don't bother signalling most of the time either

A couple of tactile button on the rear of each yoke horn would be better. Or the car just realising you're about to exit the roundabout, to take a junction, should be able to work that out in a millisecond judging by position on the GPS and the angle of the wheel etc. When using Navigation the indicators should actuate automatically anyway, that can't be difficult to facilitate, surely...?

The volume on the 260 calls is very high and has been increasing all throughout the day. That min breakout and instant push down by MM's is quite the battle
To be fair, the SPY and QQQ dumped hard along with AAPL, GOOGLE, NVDA, etc., TSLA actually held on for quite a wile before it succumbed

There was a commentator on X posited that the initial pop was EOM window-dressing, so obviously the reversal was window-undressing 🤷‍♂️

Closing-crosses were absurdly high today for GOOGL and AAPL

To be fair, the SPY and QQQ dumped hard along with AAPL, GOOGLE, NVDA, etc., TSLA actually held on for quite a wile before it succumbed

There was a commentator on X posited that the initial pop was EOM window-dressing, so obviously the reversal was window-undressing 🤷‍♂️
À la naked shorts?

I have unfollowed and muted all these Chinese “Tesla analyst” accounts on X. It is obvious they are click farming to make some money. Lot of sensationalists on X after Elon introduced ad revenue payouts.

Watch out & don't make financial decisions based on what you see there (unless it’s coming from Elon himself).

I agree with your last line 100%, but FWIW "Tesla China Analyst" doesn't subscribe to Twitter Blue / X Premium / whatever it's called and therefore doesn't receive revenue payouts.

The fact that stalkless is difficult when navigating roundabouts is another example of Tesla's clearly being designed in california. Here in the UK roundabouts are EVERYWHERE, and certainly where I live they are way, way more common than traffic lights. I'm not even sure where the nearest set of traffic lights is to me, but can picture at least half a dozen roundabouts on the way to the nearest town.

In these days of dropping battery prices, casting bodies, and improved automation, it seems like the savings from not including something as tried and tested and universally expected as indicator stalks is a trivial change to purchase price, but a huge UX fail. If Tesla are so certain that people will see the wisdom of it, then offer the customer a choice. Give us stalks for an extra $300. I'd pay $1k to have USS that actually worked!

There are a number of roundabouts on the Stanford campus, not far from the Tesla buildings. One would hope they've been used for testing. But yeah - I'd be hesitant to remove the turn signal stalk as well. Perhaps a business opportunity for the S3XY Buttons folks.

This thread has again become the personal gripes thread. This forum has tons of threads to complain, this isn’t one of them. The discussion was started by the usual instigator, who has now been warned.

Back to investing. Like why didn’t anyone, with all of our combined investment knowledge, know that there would be a huge end of the month repositioning (again)? We know so little, we are just little fish in a huge ocean full of sharks.

https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2023/08/71520501082__70999154-9A3C-4BB1-B851-90192D62A36E.jpeg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1024

https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2023/08/71520503334__6481D418-CA4F-4650-9210-F8044E569AE9.jpeg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1024
https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2023/08/71520500119__8D2998A2-1D2A-4D46-9BBB-023DA99FF452-1.jpeg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1024
https://electrek.co/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2023/08/71520499159__31C70D6F-0D60-4774-825C-9A7B28B58A4F-1.jpeg?quality=82&strip=all&w=1024

These pictures were taken through a window, so they look a lot more like the real thing than the renders we saw before. Highland looks great!
By far the most important part of the leaks will be if the price point that the leaks are saying ($27,500) is real or not.

That piece of information just by itself could send shockwaves through the auto industry.

$27,500 being for the China market but would essentially bring the starting price of the base 3 down $6,000-7,000 in corresponding markets

Last edited: