Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's unclear to folks where another 600,000 more cars in 2024 compared to 2023 come from physically when there's no new factories having even begun construction yet.
Not sure why folks think new factories are required for growth in 2024. Both Berlin and Austin have the capacity to grow far more than their current run rates.

Probably the best thing you are gonna get to see today:
I tried to count conservatively:

- we passed 21 rows of cars in the video
- at least 20 cars deep (most likely more but it is very hard to count accurately from this angle)

So conservatively we're looking at 420 cars here. (total coincidence, I did not aim my numbers this way, lol)

FYI
"The Producer Price Index for final demand increased 0.7 percent in August. Prices for final demand goods rose 2.0 percent, and the index for final demand services advanced 0.2 percent. Prices for final demand moved up 1.6 percent for the 12 months ended in August."

I have no idea what the Market plans to do with this. I hope it just shrugs it off like yesterday's CPI.

Last edited:
FYI
"The Producer Price Index for final demand increased 0.7 percent in August. Prices for final demand goods rose 2.0 percent, and the index for final demand services advanced 0.2 percent. Prices for final demand moved up 1.6 percent for the 12 months ended in August."

I have no idea what the Market plans to do with this. I hope it just shrugs it off like yesterday's CPI.
Final demand almost double expectations

Seems it's being attributed to oil, which is currently up like 15% from August

Screenshot_2023-09-14-15-06-28-494_com.twitter.android-edit.jpg

Rohan Ma, LinkedIn

Autobidder making $$$$$ 😎👍

A Semi did over 800 miles in one day, even with the "slow" chargers

With the current 10-80% taking around an hour, starting and ending the day at 10%, the most it could do at the best case scenario is around ~1150 miles in 24h, with faster chargers this becomes ~1250 miles in 24h ( I tried using ChatGPT for the calculation due to laziness and it told me it would be able to drive 9700 miles in 24 h, guess AI needs to improve a bit still, pen and paper still wins)

Nice how charge time doesn't give you much distance improvements given it already charges pretty fast for the range it gets, for now it's one hour of charging for five and a half of driving, and can be half an hour of charging for the same driving time in the future

Seems pretty doable even for long distances hauls, specially with the 11h per day driving limit, 4 half an hour charging stops fits nicely on the maximum driving time two drivers can do once Tesla makes a night cab version

There will be no penalty for companies using a Semi even for long haul, just benefits and huge cost savings

1694699483353.png

Not sure why folks think new factories are required for growth in 2024. Both Berlin and Austin have the capacity to grow far more than their current run rates.

Again, the #s I cited are from tesla and list total installed capacity at those 2 plants.

Those #s would need to (slightly) more than double for 2024 to hit the targets folks have suggested here.

Do you find it realistic they can not only more than double their physically installed capacity for where it is today, but actually get to that run rate, by January 2024 (because if it took them to say June they'd now need triple instead of double with only 6 months of run rate)? Especially given they haven't even hit full run rate of the already installed capacity so far?

I agree both locations have plenty of ROOM for more installed capacity- there's just no indication at all it will exist and be fully running in the timeframes suggested.

Don't overlook Fremont as well. If the Highland 3 does use casting, then a revamped line in Fremont would be shorter, and have higher throughput.

Speculation on my part, admittedly.

A Semi did over 800 miles in one day, even with the "slow" chargers

With the current 10-80% taking around an hour, starting and ending the day at 10%, the most it could do at the best case scenario is around ~1150 miles in 24h, with faster chargers this becomes ~1250 miles in 24h ( I tried using ChatGPT for the calculation due to laziness and it told me it would be able to drive 9700 miles in 24 h, guess AI needs to improve a bit still, pen and paper still wins)

Nice how charge time doesn't give you much distance improvements given it already charges pretty fast for the range it gets, for now it's one hour of charging for five and a half of driving, and can be half an hour of charging for the same driving time in the future

Seems pretty doable even for long distances hauls, specially with the 11h per day driving limit, 4 half an hour charging stops fits nicely on the maximum driving time two drivers can do once Tesla makes a night cab version

There will be no penalty for companies using a Semi even for long haul, just benefits and huge cost savings

View attachment 973776

Do we know if these data are finally allowing Tesla to green light to ramp up production?
With ramp up, I mean at least 1 Semi per day, instead of 1 per month.
IIRC, the real ramp up (10'000 per year) will arrive in 2025.

Does anyone remember if this is a reduction from previous 2030 predicts from Baron? I consider him a hyper-bull, yet I am expecting more by 2030....

Billionaire investor Ron Baron says Elon Musk's Tesla could hit a $4 trillion valuation​

So following the same procedure as before, it would be called Model 4:
C - Cybertruck
4 - Model 4
R - Roadster
S - Semi

Cheers to the H0DL3R5!

OR, maybe it will be called the Model U, and then with the Tesla Van.....

S - Model S
3 - Model 3
X - Model X
Y - Model Y

C - Cybertruck
U - Model U (compact)
R - Roadster
V - Tesla Van
S - Semi

S3XY CURVS

:D