Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a surprise, another lawsuit won by Tesla.

Well, they didn't win, and they weren't cleared. The judge dismissed the case without prejudice on the grounds that “at least some of the defendants aren’t likely liable,” but the plaintiffs are granted the right to file an amended complaint within 30 days. (It seems that a big problem was that the suit included people that weren't even on the board/employed by Tesla at the time of the alleged events.)

Last edited:
What a surprise, another lawsuit won by Tesla.

To be clear it was not "won" it was dismissed before actually being heard as a case because there were deficiencies with the filing....No findings of fact happened here and the idea Tesla was "cleared" in the headline is outright false.

It may be refiled as an amended complaint in the next 30 days- though they might not decide to do so.

Cant read it, is it anti automation? That would figure.
IMG_1532.jpeg

”Fight Automation Fallout” (emphasis mine)

After tearing down and reverse engineering the Model Y, Toyota’s engineers are blown away by its design.

Tl;dr:
One remark of a Toyota engineer shows where Toyota is left in amazement:
“Taking the skin off the Model Y, it was truly a work of art,” an engineer who participated in the teardown told Automotive News.
“It’s unbelievable.”

After tearing down and reverse engineering the Model Y, Toyota’s engineers are blown away by its design.

Tl;dr:
One remark of a Toyota engineer shows where Toyota is left in amazement:
“Taking the skin off the Model Y, it was truly a work of art,” an engineer who participated in the teardown told Automotive News.
“It’s unbelievable.”
This was news in March

This was news in March
I read a more in-depth review of the engineering visit (I wish I could recall where).
I thought the takeaway of the "work of art" comment was actually more subtle.
It wasn't that Toyota engineer(s) had not seen the Model Y before - that would be truly a dereliction of duty given how long the Y had been out. Instead, the comment referred to the engineer marveling at the difference between the initial Model Y and this one. The "work of art" was how Tesla had made such vast and unexpected cost, simplicity, and efficiency saving changes to the original design, and hidden them all completely under the skin such that the casual observer of the outside of the vehicle need not be bothered with them.
Engineering as a fine art indeed.

(edited for clarity)

That recharge fee is daylight robbery.
It’s $35 if the battery is under 80%.
I get they are trying to discourage customers from returning cars that need charging but still.

Below 70% ,not 80%. I just did 3 Hertz Tesla rentals in 3 cities, and used that 70% line each time. Never had to pay for being above 70% but below 80%.

I see this strike as another sign of the total incompetence of management of the big three, especially Mary Barra. Totally short sighted as to transition to EV but also to their own compensation. Management Is accepting pay increases of 30%-40%. The difference of pay between management and ordinary workers has become totally out of whack. They really shouldn’t have been surprised about this pay increase demand.

The Big 3 asked for this. Tesla can at least defend themselves, justifiably, by saying "we lowered prices at every chance we could" and "our management's compensation, like the employees, is tied to both company and stock performance". The Big 3 lined their pockets, and now want their employees to not share in those benefits.

I'm staunch anti-union, but I can't fault them for wanting something that trends in line with what management gets. My main concern is that there will be blow-back on wage pressure at Tesla.

The Big 3 asked for this. Tesla can at least defend themselves, justifiably, by saying "we lowered prices at every chance we could" and "our management's compensation, like the employees, is tied to both company and stock performance". The Big 3 lined their pockets, and now want their employees to not share in those benefits.

I'm staunch anti-union, but I can't fault them for wanting something that trends in line with what management gets. My main concern is that there will be blow-back on wage pressure at Tesla.
I really like the Tesla approach of using stock and options to give incentives to the line workers. As this is Elon's only compensation he does not look hypocritical suggesting this is how the line workers share in Tesla's gains.

I doubt the Big 3 unions would ever accept options or stock as an incentive even if management suggested it. They see it as gambling and want a sure thing with wages. It's cyclical industry and raising wages to take recent profits is recipe for disaster in my opinion.

I really like the Tesla approach of using stock and options to give incentives to the line workers. As this is Elon's only compensation he does not look hypocritical suggesting this is how the line workers share in Tesla's gains.

I doubt the Big 3 unions would ever accept options or stock as an incentive even if management suggested it. They see it as gambling and want a sure thing with wages. It's cyclical industry and raising wages to take recent profits is recipe for disaster in my opinion.
More importantly, from the union's point of view it makes those who receive stock options part of management because they have an interest in the profitability of the company.

Stock incentives work best when a company is growing. As long Tesla employees see TSLA as a growth stock, they won't complain much about wages.

This will not work at all for Ford, GM, and Stellantis.

The wage structure comparison between Tesla and the others is apples and oranges.

OT: At the local Chargepoint near my office today, a woman in a rental Polestar asked me for help in activating the charger. She said the rental company (don't know which one) gave her no instructions. Chatted with her for a minute explaining the process. She didn't strike me as very tech-savvy and I'm sure it would have taken her quite a while to get the app and set it up, so I used my card. Not the first time this has happened here....

In the interest of the mission, it would be nice if these companies provided better info for their BEV rentals. Hopefully Hertz does better than that with their Tesla fleet.

When they had a PR department vs now, there were still the same amount of complaints in the forum and the same amount of negative articles from the media (relative to the size of Tesla). So either the PR department didn't do its job very well or the idea of Tesla having a PR department isn't so hot.
Well, in the absence of a PR department, the ONLY narrative here is that of a respected newspaper, the Washington Post, and the article is pretty damning.

Who wants to own a car in which includes slave labor?!?

IF we had a PR department, EVEN IF IT WAS ONE PERSON DEEP, at least there would be SOMETHING to counter the only narrative out there.

But, fine, we'll agree to have differing opinions . . . even if only one of us is likely correct.

Let me see; there was just an article yesterday by the WSJ that was entirely made up about Tesla, many articles by Reuters, NYT and various others that have contained falsehoods over the last DECADE and yet here you are sucked in by a WP article because you ‘suspected’.

I guess some of us haven’t learned yet, huh?
Yeah, and OF COURSE the massive price cuts have NOTHING to do with demand decline, and massively negative articles, which Tesla does NOT respond to, have NOTHING to do with that.

Of course . . . .

I'm just saying that even a one-person deep PR department would do wonders to counter the FUD, FUD which appears to be getting stronger with each passing week.

As someone else posted, when demand was off the charts, sure, cancel the PR department.

Things change . . . .