Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are safe. BP are completely useless at managing the Pulse network. They leave many chargers in the UK inoperative for months. They have a 20 charger bank at a Park and Ride in Edinburgh where the other day the whole lot were powered off. Not one available. They are greenwashing and trying to piss EV owners off.
Great! Then it’ll be remembered it’s all from Tesla and people will let us know how awful it all is. 😉

Sounds like they’ll be amping up the pressure to bring down repair costs.

The numbers coming from Hertz are interesting as well. At the start of the year, Hertz said they ended 2022 with just over 48,000 Teslas and now they’re down to 35,000? Maybe these numbers are being juggled between Hertz and Uber or whichever
35k? Articles from April 2023 said 50k and they are planning on 25% EVs (~130k) by the end of 2024.

The FUD on X can be some of the worst. Where's the community notes on this one?
Of course little to no accounting for the lives lost and money spent to make weapons to end more lives so that oil can be cheaper. Why can't we just get cheaper solar cells and why do they remain so pricey in the US compared to multiple other countries, by which i mean direct purchase of solar cells on alibaba, etc.

I'm about a hour from the nearest metro area, am easily annoyed by urban traffic, and by many people.

Though it might bear looking into further to see what sort of demand there is for the service in a rural area. Thanks for the suggestion.
Doesn't sound promising but you never know. I live near rural Amish country and an Uber driver could drive Amish all day long.

Haven't seen anything about this on the forum...

Unless some sort of agreement can be reached, the strike will begin today at midnight(?) Swedish time.

Yeah, it’s a big deal that the fact it’s coming from Tesla and will be known by nobody outside this tiny TMC thread world.

Just you watch what happens. Praise for other charging networks while either ignoring Tesla’s, Tesla, and the fact it’s Tesla’s invention, hardware, software and standard etc.

And no, I don’t think ‘monopoly’ was or should be a ‘worry’. I’m really, really, really annoyed that the people and company that worked their butts off, that had to take all the ridicule and doubt, are now being effectively ignored and vanished. This is exactly how history gets lost and rewritten.

Absolutely hate (and I rarely use that strong, dirty word) what’s happening.

ADDING!!! For all those people so pro-advertising you should be incensed. By rebranding the standard AND then rebranding the units, an incalculable amount of free advertising has been given away. Like billions of dollars worth.

The first person who comes onto TMC and posts BP (or whomever) has a charging network as good as Tesla’s; I’m going to invite them to The Mountain and then push them off the side.
I also avoid hate and using the word "hate" but I strongly agree with Krugerrand here. As life can often be, Tesla and the team that has worked hard to make the transition happen are not only not receiving their due credit but are being spoken poorly of online and in the "news" every single day. It's relentless. It's agenda driven. I look forward to the day all legacy auto manufacturers fail and all mainstream media organizations fail. I hope its because enough people realize how badly they've been lied to and manipulated for their entire lives and something better replaces them all. I veery much hope it is not because of a darker future.

I intend to avoid BP charging stations unless I have no other option. It's great they are using Tesla hardware but I do not wish to give money to that company due to their behavior in regards to oil and global warming.

I also hope we can keep politics out of this thread.

But we do need to discuss it at a high level because as EVs become politicized it is a risk factor for Tesla stock. We just need to be careful.
Amazes me people dont see this. At this point EVs are very political and politics therefore have a material effect on Tesla stock. When I push back on EV FUD elsewhere I get more attacked as a libtard then the data I present.

35k? Articles from April 2023 said 50k and they are planning on 25% EVs (~130k) by the end of 2024.
Apparently 35k is the number being cited right now, haven't listened to the comments myself yet

In the FY22 regulatory filing they had said 11% of their ~428,000 fleet was Tesla vehicles but now that sounds more like their total EV fleet rather than Tesla specifically

There's a photo or mockup from bp's press release:

View attachment 985423

bp boosts EV charging network with $100 million order of Tesla ultra-fast chargers

The Tesla ultra-fast chargers, which have an output of 250 kW, will be branded, installed and operated by bp pulse. The chargers will be fitted with Tesla’s ‘Magic Dock’, which is compatible with both North American Charging Standard (NACS) and Combined Charging System (CCS) connectors. This enables EVs from other major vehicle manufacturers to use the Tesla chargers on the bp pulse’s network, regardless of whether they use CCS or NACS ports. To further improve user experience, the Tesla chargers will support use of the Plug and Charge protocol, which simplifies and automates payments. As is Tesla's current policy, third-party operated ultra-fast chargers meeting Tesla's reliability and functionality requirements are featured in Tesla's vehicle UI and apps, and bp pulse expects to uphold those requirements on its network.​

I want PB cease to exist.

Next piece of news - Marlboro producing inhalators and Monsanto/Bayer making 100% natural oatmeal.

Amazes me people dont see this. At this point EVs are very political and politics therefore have a material effect on Tesla stock. When I push back on EV FUD elsewhere I get more attacked as a libtard then the data I present.

Most of the political bias I have seen is a result of the subsidies and people/companies feeling they are being forced into EVs. It isnt helping to make the case for them. It's hard to legislate change in behavior.

Of course little to no accounting for the lives lost and money spent to make weapons to end more lives so that oil can be cheaper.
I was trying to understand why US GDP in Q3 was the highest since 2014. What does the US actually make here besides pills and ICE vehicles?
So I looked it up - #1 is oil and gas exports. This does nothing to curb inflation. Are we simply a natural gas rich economy. Something tells me this won't end well.

(Edit: Misleading. Export is a very small part of GDP as GigaPress pointed out, but trade is at a deficit and getting worse.)

Last edited:
So let’s say it’s factual for argument’s sake. I’m not convinced but whatever.

What’s the purpose of pointing it out other than to continue to divide people?
Well, to see that EVs are now a political argument, and show this by the data, it's definitely newsworthy.
It means that everytime you read EV news (pros or cons) you should take this frame into mind.
People are so ignorant about EVs that at least recognizing it's a partisan issue helps, IMHO.

This is my personal opinion only. F150 Lightning is not gaining traction just like Beyond Meat.

Beyond Meat tries to replace real beef, but it tastes worse and it is significantly more expensive. After the initial buzz, people will go back to the real thing. The same thing happened with F150 Lightning. Sure it is a cool EV but it is so much more expensive than the regular F150 and it really doesn't do anything better.

This is why I think Cybertruck will succeed. It is not trying to replace something that already has a proven record. It is also beneficial Elon is not viewed as a liberal democrat. As Michael Jordan famously said, Republicans wear shoes too. So IMO, Cybertruck and Rivian R1T will succeed whereas F150 Lightning and Silverado EV will flop.
It will mostly depend on pricing and performance. If it has the ~500 mile range that was originally advertised & upfront costs are comparable to those of traditional pickups (I'm hoping for $80,000 so it qualifies for the tax credit), then even the most conservative truck owners will eventually look past the looks and cybrtruck's market size will be as large as Tesla's capacity to make them. If it doesn't deliver on one or both of two attributes it could be a tough slog, at least for a few years until those attributes are realized.

Most of the political bias I have seen is a result of the subsidies and people/companies feeling they are being forced into EVs. It isnt helping to make the case for them. It's hard to legislate change in behavior.
You are correct, but there is hope. Because liars and swindlers are the greatest influencers and politics is full of the legal versions.

Of course little to no accounting for the lives lost and money spent to make weapons to end more lives so that oil can be cheaper. Why can't we just get cheaper solar cells and why do they remain so pricey in the US compared to multiple other countries, by which i mean direct purchase of solar cells on alibaba, etc.
I heard it's the banks but would like better info... this was from an actual bank lender in retail solar loans. This may have changed in the past couple years, and installation is also messy since it's case by case.

Home Solar Costs: (Still?)
1/3 Product​
1/3 Bank​
1/3 Install​

• Informative
Reactions: larmor