Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This seems to be spooking the EV stocks like TSLA.... Panasonic is cutting back on their battery production for EVs by 60%

Reactions: MikeC
This seems to be spooking the EV stocks like TSLA.... Panasonic is cutting back on their battery production for EVs by 60%

I think OnSemi is affecting as well. They are focused on Silicon Carbide for inverters and looks like slowing orders from EU Automotive customers.

"Executives said on a conference call with analysts that it is seeing reduced demand from some European automotive customers that are working through inventory, as well as risks to auto-sector demand caused by higher interest rates."

We'll see...
(Edit: Max Pain is currently at $215)

1698688012559.png

So Elon’s really secret master plan is:
- osborne the competition’s EVs by enticing them to support NACS
- while at the same time driving prices down so that the competition looses even more money per EV they make
- so stalling the progress of the competition for a couple of years
- so that Tesla can 2x their economies of scale by the time the competition has NACS capable cars.
- so that the competition has to fire their UAW personnel.

How close am I?
But I thought ICE was the competition...

• Funny
Reactions: madodel and Skryll
Take with a Everest sized grain of salt, also due to OP being a new Reddit account
...............no idea why the 19K variance for the same trim......
$19k variance: Maybe the adult version CyberQuad (~$9k) plus the other stuff you had listed?

Elon said on Twitter: "Tesla 2 person electric ATV will come at first as an option for Cybertruck"
Additional info: Electrek.co link
1698688605597.jpeg

No more discussion needed about the Cyberquad ATV needed here though. Please use the appropriate thread here: Cyberquad

We have been here before. In 1990, California issued a Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) mandate that all auto manufacturers that sell vehicles in the state of California must sell at least 2% of their total sales by 1998. California has a larger population than Canada, so this is a big market. GM takes a lot of heat regarding their EV1, however thanks to the ZEV, most all OEMs were manufacturing EVs. Until the OEMs lobbied the government which rescinded the ZEV mandate in 2003.

GM with their EV1: General Motors EV1 - Wikipedia
Ford with their Ranger EV pick-up truck: Ford Ranger EV - Wikipedia
Honda with their EV Plus: Honda EV Plus - Wikipedia
Toyota with their Rav4: Toyota RAV4 EV - Wikipedia

What was common with all these early OEM EVs is that they were all very well received by the public, however were only available by lease, and once the lease was up, the OEM (excluding Toyota) had them destroyed. The OEMs could not produce them profitably and did not want to sell EVs.

So here we are again, in 2023, and if the OEM have their way, they would like nothing more to take back all their EVs and have them destroyed. Only they weren't counting on one thing. Tesla.

It is unfortunate for the OEMs that they are all pulling back on their EV initiatives. Tesla will need to fill the gap. The market's reaction today towards Tesla is obtuse.

View attachment 986502

So now that we've tapped the lower BB, we can recover to the 50 day MA, right? right?

Don't get into such a dad-blamed hurry!

It could go down a little more, maybe through Wednesday?

As I have only just now sold shares that were at a loss from my Individual account, avoiding Cap Gains Tax. They won't clear until Wednesday, then I'll make the maximum annual ROTH limit deposit to buy moar shares there.

So, if I understand just how the market works, this practically guarantees the SP should skyrocket over the next couple of days while I wait for that sale to clear, right? Right?

Here is an article on that: Tesla gets $100 mln US ultra-fast charger order from BP EV charging unit

It appears this $100M contract is part of up to $1B BP is planning to spend.

But it looks like they will be re-branded:

I would assume that they will have at least V4 posts...

Given the fact that the connectors at the stalls only need to contain the cooling system for the cables and a small bit of logic along with a small payment terminal and the actual charging units are remote and typically behind a fence/enclosure, the form-factor and branding could vary significantly very easily for companies that want to OEM Tesla's superchargers.... very little additional engineering required...