Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hey that's my post :)

To further elaborate, AV companies have to report how often they disengage their vehicles, but they don't have to report how often a remote operator takes over control, or gives some input to the vehicle. I've been ranting on Spaces about how this is ridiculous and I guaranteed they were having much higher incident rates when considering remote interventions.

According to this (paywalled) NYTimes article, some employees are claiming it's once very 5 miles 😂 😂 😂.

I actually cannot believe it's even this bad, that must be an exaggeration. But the point remains - these AV companies are grossly exaggerating their capabilities to "fake it till they make it" and suck on that sweet, sweet, investor funding so they don't go bankrupt. They cannot be trusted.

The emporer has no clothes.

Meanwhile Tesla FSD is walking around with a big 🍆 that's still learning to control itself, but no faking.

This highlights a thought I've had for over a year now. It seems clear to me that the market makers control TSLA and can close it wherever they like. They can issue virtual shares at will and have unlimited shorting ability. So what reason is there to think this will ever not be the case and TSLA will approach a value that some of us belive represents actual fair value? I haven't lost confidence in Tesla but I have lost confidence in the claim that stocks eventually reach "fair value".

This is the thought that leads me to question whether there is a point I may sell and move on, which of course helps those that are shorting, but what's the point in holding if the stock price can be set to anywhere those institutions desire?
Yup. I expressed very similar thoughts around 2019 on this forum. Glad I stayed with TSLA and Tesla!!

Last edited:

To further elaborate, AV companies have to report how often they disengage their vehicles, but they don't have to report how often a remote operator takes over control, or gives some input to the vehicle. I've been ranting on Spaces about how this is ridiculous and I guaranteed they were having much higher incident rates when considering remote interventions.

According to this (paywalled) NYTimes article, some employees are claiming it's once very 5 miles 😂 😂 😂.

I actually cannot believe it's even this bad, that must be an exaggeration. But the point remains - these AV companies are grossly exaggerating their capabilities to "fake it till they make it" and suck on that sweet, sweet, investor funding so they don't go bankrupt. They cannot be trusted.

Meanwhile Tesla FSD is walking around with a big 🍆 that's still learning to control itself, but no faking.
Imagine how much that cost GM having (allegedly) 1.5 remote operators per Cruise vehicle! My guess is the rumor is outdated/inflated due to the insane costs implied, but not eliminated.

I'm now 99% certain that a Waymo U-turn yesterday was remote controlled. My wife said it was smooth and creepy. Heck, they are challenged by left turns it seems. Pretty fishy.

Trying to get AI to answer the question, this is the best it could do, but they're talking 3-point turns back in 2021.

Any Remote operators still? I can't even confirm that part. Top secret stuff!

1699036401805.png

Reactions: petit_bateau

On the other hand, they are getting useful training data every 5 miles. That should make their project a lot more valuable given how few vehicles they have...

This highlights a thought I've had for over a year now. It seems clear to me that the market makers control TSLA and can close it wherever they like. They can issue virtual shares at will and have unlimited shorting ability. So what reason is there to think this will ever not be the case and TSLA will approach a value that some of us belive represents actual fair value? I haven't lost confidence in Tesla but I have lost confidence in the claim that stocks eventually reach "fair value".

This is the thought that leads me to question whether there is a point I may sell and move on, which of course helps those that are shorting, but what's the point in holding if the stock price can be set to anywhere those institutions desire?
I've made a lot of money from short sellers. Wish there were more ... I'm kinda starting to like 'em.

Hey, let's extrapolate! Think of the potential!?! If we added WAY more people, we could have a whole town of tens of thousands of handsomely-paid staff reproducing the work of DOJO, one AI supercomputer!! Huge breakthrough!!!!

Oh wait a minute... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
;) Kudos, @ZeApelido

True that! And even with the S/X there was a period of time when shipping was done by rail from Fremont to a U.S. East Coast port, and from there on to Zeebrugge. So Panama is an expensive option that Tesla no longer depends upon for delivering finished cars.

Cheers!
I say, nuke Panama and push it into the ocean and connect Atlantic to Pacific directly. Canals are so last century.

Worth it for getting my Tesla two days earlier.

I say, nuke Panama and push it into the ocean and connect Atlantic to Pacific directly. Canals are so last century.

Haha, you jest but the closure of the Panama isthmus around 6-9 million yrs ago, with the subsequent effect on the Atlantic meridonal overturning current (MOC), may have lead to the present cycle of glacial/inter-glacials epochs:

"Don't cross the streams, Egon."

BAD EGON.jpg

:p