Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If that's the front casting in that picture, then that's a Quad-motor version too! ;)

On the video they said it appeared to be the rear motors.

Given the very short front overhang:
1699475127083.png

as compared to the length the casting extends past the raised area where I'd assume the axle centerline is:

1699475479712.png

I'd tend to also think that's the rear...

Agreed, doesn't seem possible to sell any old inventory which appears to have been cleared out by mid-September. I think it's more likely that was just the 1st sale at that particular delivery center in Shenzhen.

BTW, pictures like this are one more reason why selling a Tesla sells more Teslas...

F-Ynv7hbYAAmhns

Cheers!

img_1337-png.988934

I'm a little concerned with the recessed arrangement of the NEMA 14-50 outlet. It looks like some plugs would need some sort of extender to get the prongs seeded properly.

But surely Tesla has thought of this? Or maybe the picture makes it look like the outlet has too much depth?

It also looks like a plug in the 14-50 outlet could block what appears to be an anchor point below (not fully shown in this pic).

If you look at the bottom notch and the top bolt, it looks like a changeable panel, which would be great! No need for an adapter, just get the appropriate plate/insert that has the right NEMA outlet (there are like 10 of them!) and you're all set.

I sure hope and expect the Cybertruck frunk to be 1/2 the size of that from a Rivian RT1 or Ford F150 Lightning. If one really wants a beluga nose with far inferior aerodynamics and far inferior front visibility than Cybertruck, then those are their options.
Yep; I have a friend with an R1T and another with a R1S... riding in them, I can't help but be very disappointed in the giant, boxy front of the vehicles... Rivian did not have the balls to think from 1st principles and instead followed the status quo of truck/SUV shapes... the result is bad visibility, poor aerodynamics (and, therefore, less efficiency/a need for a bigger battery... more cost/weight). Rivians are almost half as efficient as Model Ys... this matters if they're clogging up Superchargers, as their huge batteries need longer and/or more frequent charging.

Attachments

• rivian vs tesla.JPG
    rivian vs tesla.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 7
Nitpick: I hate the ".00" at the end of the big numbers which has zero value addition, except to make a long number seem even more bigger. What might be useful is to round them off to make it visually easier to read but till convey the message. Like: $230M, -$764M, $69M
Nitpick: I hate when OP mashes "...bigger." and "... more big..." into "...even more bigger."
Especially when they're correcting someone about presentation.
;)

FWIW, I agree with you and many of my spreadsheets have formatting of $#,##0.0," K" to show 1712609.56 as $1,702.6 K (or add an extra comma for $1.7 M)

They also said that "there's an access panel inside the bed that can be removed."

Again, not sure how accurate their info may be.

Take at least 50% of what comes out of TFL as wrong, if there wasn't a picture I wouldn't even believe there was outlets on the bed if the source was only them

They work on the art of creating drama and not vetting information, plus being wrong or ignorant on EV stuff specifically on the vast majority of the time

Yep; I have a friend with an R1T and another with a R1S... riding in them, I can't help but be very disappointed in the giant, boxy front of the vehicles... Rivian did not have the balls to think from 1st principles and instead followed the status quo of truck/SUV shapes... the result is bad visibility, poor aerodynamics (and, therefore, less efficiency/a need for a bigger battery... more cost/weight). Rivians are almost half as efficient as Model Ys... this matters if they're clogging up Superchargers, as their huge batteries need longer and/or more frequent charging.
As a Rivian owner, I gotta say this is spot on. Every time I drive it (It's my wife's vehicle), I am surprised by how BIG that hood is.

And also, yes on the charging. Both my Model X and R1S had been driven down to around 10% charge remaining yesterday, so I charged them both up last night at 48A/240V. The Model X was done by 6am, the Rivian still had three hours to go.

Having said all that, the R1S is still the best EV SUV out there, IMHO.

Take at least 50% of what comes out of TFL as wrong, if there wasn't a picture I wouldn't even believe there was outlets on the bed if the source was only them

They work on the art of creating drama and not vetting information, plus being wrong or ignorant on EV stuff specifically on the vast majority of the time

Given their discussion of the receptacles, that seems about right...

Reactions: GhostSkater
Given their discussion of the receptacles, that seems about right...
If you think that is headshake-worthy, you ought to read the Paxson Electrical Code book. From the PEC, we find:

"If you're using the 50A wiring that goes to your NEMA 14-50 receptacle also to power either one or two NEMA 5-20 receptacles, you MUST orient them in such a fashion that you can use EITHER the 120V outlets OR the 240V outlet."
:eek: 🤣 :eek: