Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can attest to that in Georgia. I believe they were saying that Tesla insurance would be available here in November of 2022. Still nothing.

I'd love to know why.
We're constantly hearing Tesla's are very expensive to repair. Good chance Tesla is experiencing that first hand as the insurer causing them to back off expanding to more states in the US.

Reactions: navguy12 and Skryll
Pop Quiz: What's wrong with this statement? :p

The Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) was unchanged in October on a seasonally adjusted basis, after increasing 0.4 percent in September, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Over the last 12 months, the all items index increased 3.2 percent before seasonal adjustment.

I'm sure da gummit has a team of 400 pHdees calculating "seasonal adjustment" over 12 months.*

Cheers!

*Ha! Mars Landing Confirmed!

Here’s the CPI chartypoo
1699971440578.png

yes, I did. I was at the SeC for a repair of the sunroof on my Oldie, and they asked me if I didn't get the mail.

The "international"/US-american terms state, that if I the car is not delivered in 2023 despite a delivery window in 2023 was promised (as it's the case with my order), I can still transfer it. The Swiss / German terms do not state this.

View attachment 990572

I looked at all the language versions of this page, and found it on the following:
but for example not on the french version of the Canadian page: https://www.tesla.com/fr_ca/support/supercharger-transfer which is a clear sign to me that they simply did not transfer this part (yet?) into other languages... surely Tesla treats french and english speaking Canadians the same? ;-)
Assuming you ordered a MS. Could this statement be due to the fact all MS cars are made in the US so they are noting production in the US 23 applies.

Assuming you ordered a MS. Could this statement be due to the fact all MS cars are made in the US so they are noting production in the US 23 applies.
it states clearly that you must take delivery in 2023. I agree with this, as long as it's not Teslas fault that I cannot take delivery in 2023 because the car will only be available for delivery in 2024, despite having a delivery window of October to December when I ordered (and still now, I just looked, here in Switzerland!).
So for this case, there is that exception in most english versions of the page, but it isn't there in other language versions, which confuses me.

Model Y MiG with BYD pack is now the in production fastest charging Tesla % wise (Model 3 when V3 chargers released years ago did in 21 minutes, but Tesla turned it down a bit due to accelerated degradation)

10-80% in 22 minutes

edit: From Bjorn in the comments, it actually did 10-80% in 19:30 when he properly tested it, video should be up soon, and also did 10-99% in 34:30

1699973159906.png

this is all positive spin because market want's Santa rally and wants a face-ripping rally

When the rate cuts are around the corner, the same info will be used as a recession doomsday pitch and force market to slip ... rinse repeat ..
Churn Baby, Churn. Need more vig to pay those big end of year bonuses.

We're constantly hearing Tesla's are very expensive to repair. Good chance Tesla is experiencing that first hand as the insurer causing them to back off expanding to more states in the US.
The most expensive part of auto insurance to customers, and the most expensive payout of claims by insurers, by far, is for personal liability. A total replacement Model Y is +-$50k. Personal injury requiring lifetime rehabilitation could be in the millions. Shouldn't the safest car ever built carry the lowest insurance premiums? Yes, it should.