Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get that X/Twitter is the talking point right now, but this is a stock related talking point.

While this could reduce initial pricing to sell more cars and then generate higher RMR (great for TSLA) it will also be universally hated like we saw with BMW (bad for TSLA).

For the sake of discussion, let's assume it's true...What do you think?
IMO,

If this is true for the MY RWD SR and the price point with Tax credit is so enticing that anyone who qualifies would not think twice about purchasing, then i think the attractive point for the entry price would make this a moot point.

The assumption is that this is not limited to just the MY, but I suppose it could be.
Maybe it'll just be an option for a 'super stripped down' version for people who do not care about those features initially, and just want to get into a base model with no features.

For the 'i only care about my monthly payment' folks.

The assumption is that this is not limited to just the MY, but I suppose it could be.

It also might not be the the Y at all. Maybe it's software prep for the upcoming Model 2? I could see building one variant of the $25K car to simplify production but then offer premium features like more range and heated seats and such for a fee.

It also might not be the the Y at all. Maybe it's software prep for the upcoming Model 2? I could see building one variant of the $25K car to simplify production but then offer premium features like more range and heated seats and such for a fee.
That's unlikely to already be in the code, but they may be testing it out on lower trim cars in preparation.

If this was a fleet wide thing, it would, IMO, be bad for Tesla to nickel and dime customers, but there's not enough information to make that leap.

Sold 25. OK price. Come-on Max Pain. This is much more fun than that other stuff...

1700240161179.png

What could happen next...
1. It will continue up and these shares are out of play (for this cycle, there will be more, hope not though).
2. It will drop to about 229.99 if I'm lucky - just under the Call wall.
3. If will drops further to Max pain, this will worry me (this much . ) as it could indicate a loss of buyers compared to earlier this week.

Bigger question is, will it pop pre-CT. How high, $275? Quite possible.

Sold 25. OK price. Come-on Max Pain. This is much more fun than that other stuff...

View attachment 991519

What could happen next...
1. It will continue up and these shares are out of play (for this cycle, there will be more, hope not though).
2. It will drop to about 229.99 if I'm lucky - just under the Call wall.
3. If will drops further to Max pain, this will worry me (this much . ) as it could indicate a loss of buyers compared to earlier this week.

Bigger question is, will it pop pre-CT. How high, $275? Quite possible.

Personally, I think we're running back to $1000 pre-split, so $333 sometime in Q1/2024 after the Q4/2023 earnings call.

Ummmm....what do y'all think?

After reading the article, it sounds like one can actually buy the car (with all the taxes/fees/surcharges) all in, online.

Again, based only on the article, that means any dealer markup for high demand models should also be fully visible online.

If true, I don’t see the dealers embracing this long term.

According to the thread, the assumption is that cars will be delivered with them and you will have to pay monthly to use those features.
That is quite an assumption. All green said was "paid feature". Tesla has already done that with rear heated seats in some models, but it was a one-time purchase, not a subscription. (And he did mention the rear seats as an example, so I haven't seen any indication that these will be subscription based features.)

That is quite an assumption. All green said was "paid feature". Tesla has already done that with rear heated seats in some models, but it was a one-time purchase, not a subscription. (And he did mention the rear seats as an example, so I haven't seen any indication that these will be subscription based features.)
He was the one who made that assumption.

He said something like this would be on new/used cars like Premium Connectivity.

This is interesting, and supports that cells aren’t that much of a limiting factor right now, else you wouldn’t ship them in cars for not be used
Unless there government credits/incentives to use a pack from the US that makes it more financially viable than an imported LFP pack which likely get no credits next year.

This is old old news. I have read this "news" before.

Cannot quite say when but probably a year or more ago.
Does Model Y have a heated steering wheel or Yoke option?? I didn't used to think I needed it, but now that my Plaid X has a heated Yoke, I'll never buy anything without that again!

Edit-

Sure wish I'd bought this morning's dip!!