Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Minus the $7500 tax credit since the base price of the truck is less than the $80k limit

If range extender is a physically attached factory option you'd no longer qualify for the tax credit as those count toward the cap- as things like wheels and paint do now.

SOFTWARE options (or post-delivery add ons) do not.

So with 250kw charging I guess the CT uses a 400V architecture? I thought there was an earlier indication it would be 800V?
The motors are 800v. But all Superchargers are currently limited to 250kW, or less, and ~500v. So maybe once an actual V4 Supercharger is released the Cybertruck will be able to charge faster. (It would be interesting to see a Cybertruck charging on a good CCS charger.)

Reactions: kbM3
The motors are 800v. But all Superchargers are currently limited to 250kW, or less, and ~500v. So maybe once an actual V4 Supercharger is released the Cybertruck will be able to charge faster. (It would be interesting to see a Cybertruck charging on a good CCS charger.)

They're already released though?

Just got this email:

Q4 push i guess or CT advertising or 🥴

1701390787778.png

Elon himself said they’re aiming for (I think) 20% margins on Supercharger use, so non-Teslas pay more. Or maybe I’m confusing that with general Supercharger margins including Teslas. Anyone have the quote?
He said 30% margins and 10% gross profit on all SCs. So far there's been nothing about non-Teslas paying. Their payments will be through their apps (at least Ford) so there could be, but we don't know, yet.

I view the range extender primarily as a stfu’per.
It denies other vehicles bragging rights and denies CT buyers whining rights

Does it? Because I've already seen 3 threads just on here of folks whining they put down a deposit for a 500 mile range tri-motor for like 70k and now they're being asked to pay 116k for 440 miles of range AND give up 1/3rd of the bed and some large % of cargo capacity to do it.

yikes...thats a big price increase for the dual motor compared to the original pricing.

Sadly there goes my reservation and the reservation of everyone I know that had one on order.

In Spring 2022, I paid over $92K Canadian for my 7-seater Model Y w. tow package, w. int. + FSD. By December, the exact same package was listed at $122K on Tesla's website. Now, did anybody buy at that price? Prolly not many. But Tesla soon caught up with supply, and prices can down with the IRA.

That was the entire point of the price increases: to manage demand when they are supply constrained. That's the same situation as the CT right now, supply constrained, quasi-infinite demand. What do you think they should do with prices? /s

Specifically, the dual-motor Cybertruck (the sweet spot for orders) exactly squeaks in at $79,990 under the $80K IRA price limit. Telsa DID NOT set this price: IRS/Treasury set the Cybertruck price!

Hint: pricing is the Sorting Hat.

Event score = 3/10
Event score post range extender & accessories = 6/10 with more info likely coming

A lot of good faith was lost in that hour. Too clever by half or 4D chess promotional masterclass?
Well, by Elon saying FU yesterday, that made the national news along with them saying Tesla revealed their CT. I kind of doubt the nbc nightly news would have mentioned the CT otherwise.

I thought the presentation had some pretty good video clips. The ball toss was silly but oh well.

Only disappointment I had was tow capacity for tri motor. Was originally 14k. Prices will come down. Take advantage of initial demand. Foolish not to. Range is fairly close to original spec with range extender battery.