Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was it private ownership at the time or on a different exchange or something? NYSE data for GM seems to only go back to 2010

That's hard to imagine though, I have a bit of stock picked up from company matching with one that is publicly traded here in Canada and I've been impressed at how well it has done, like 3x my money since leaving them
No, General Motors Corporation. The "New GM" is a completely different company. GMC went bankrupt, and a new company spun up, letting GM get out of it's liabilities, and eliminate shareholders as the government took partial ownership and provided billions in funding. As well as backed up the UAW pension fund with taxpayer dollars. While stockholders were left in the cold.

Was it private ownership at the time or on a different exchange or something? NYSE data for GM seems to only go back to 2010

That's hard to imagine though, I have a bit of stock picked up from company matching with one that is publicly traded here in Canada and I've been impressed at how well it has done, like 3x my money since leaving them
Assuming that was serious, here's in nice summary from France24:

Love'd and jelly. Ordered a day later than yours and delivery might be a year later...
EGGSACTLY!
I wanted a Cyber(nota)truck reservation while watching the reveal 4 years ago. But I have a thing about first year cars since my Mother got a '64 and a half convertible Mustang (Still ugly, and still a POS in my eyes). So I waited a few weeks to put an order in. I was hoping to be around the 150,000 to 250,000th in line. Nope. I am 500,000th in line.
Then again if 50% pass on their reservation I will be right where I wanted.

All I want for Christmas is a $300 SP, a $300 SP. a $300 SP
Maybe... here's next week's Options Interest levels.
I'm guessing more like $269 by X-mas as Calls focus on 270 so far.

1702916478530.png

short seller may campaign to strengthen their cases

Some short sellers engage in stock manipulation such as Chanos did against Fairfax Financial — and he probably attempted with TSLA.

But the line between talking your book and stock manipulation isn’t always clear and hard to prove. Thus even though there is rampant attempted stock manipulation there is hardly ever any enforcement on that.

Sandy gets a tour of the Cybertruck Stainless Steel line at Tesla:

Paraphrasing... "Side panels are manually loaded into racks but the automation is coming to do that automatically."

What if this "automation" is for Optimus? Seems like they would have comprehended the unloading in the factory layout (like they did everywhere else). Why was this one operation not automated up front? It's partly what makes me ask this question, combined with me looking for where Optimus could be best used and with the least amount of effort.

Silly separate question, heating the panels then forming? Obviously it bends easier and it's ultra hard steel, but is this potentially a better way to form? Which again makes me wonder, is this more cost effective than a 5 story press, even with conventional steel? Or it's just too much energy needed to pre-heat?

Paraphrasing... "Side panels are manually loaded into racks but the automation is coming to do that automatically."

What if this "automation" is for Optimus?
Yeah. That's all I could think while watching that video. Every time I saw a person doing something in the factory I thought, "I bet Optimus could do that".

Most of all, Optimus could have given Sandy's tour.

extortion is a more apt word to use.
I think they might argue they're the ones sacrificing by cutting off access to potential customers through removing advertisements on a major social media platform

What's it called when you take a stance despite risking losing $$$? Doesn't seem too different from the stance Elon is taking

Jay Leno talks Cybertruck w. Telsa Execs Lars Moravy and Franz von Holtzhausen: topics include the roofrack, the tent, the 48V light bar, it's all there, plus an extended, wide-ranging conversation during the Ride-Along-With-Jay segment.

Cybertruck Easter Eggs, Features & Design | Jay Leno's Garage on Youtube

Must-see TV. ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Yeah. That's all I could think while watching that video. Every time I saw a person doing something in the factory I thought, "I bet Optimus could do that".

Most of all, Optimus could have given Sandy's tour.
Assuming robot capability is near, the Tesla Automation folks likely had to do a cost/benefit analysis between classic Automation and Optimus Automation. An Unloader of that size could cost close to 1/4 M including NRE to design it. That's a big "stick" to not consider. Just manually unload until Optimus is ready might be the most cost effective path even if it's six months out. AND if that's the case, they have deferred Cybertruck costs into the future at discount. No need to buy that unloader!

Truly incredible! Really shows why prototypes are easy, but production is hard. Most people have no idea what it takes to bring a revolutionary product like Cybertruck to market.
Clearly the CEO doesn't...

Clearly the CEO doesn't...

This guy is an Elon hater and just spamming his negative viewpoint. Added to ignore list

Franz just said they are working on induction charging so you can just pull in to the garage and it'll charge.

Edit:
Time stamp is at 54:50
Another fun tidbit--Lars mentions that in addition to the Semis being run by Pepsi et al, Tesla has 'close to' 100 in their own fleet making Fremont/Nevada runs. I'm not sure how many I thought Tesla had in active internal use these days, but it wasn't ~100.