Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time for Best Single 2024 Predictions

On Edit: JUST ONE, PLEASE!

Each participant is invited to present his or her single best prognostication for a Tesla-related occurrence in the next 365.24 days. Please keep it simple and relevant, and remember that good humor always is in fashion.

Mine definitely is simple; it also is one many will think a pimple on the dark side of the moon in importance….

But thinking about it certainly warms the cockles of MY heart:

PREDICTION -

In 2024, Tesla will have some very, very exciting news coming out of Anchorage Alaska. (at long last!)
PREDICTION:-

2024 will be a great year for 4680 production .... I told Drew to mention this in an earnings call...

If you look at all the other production starts of new Tesla models, really the one that aligned with a big boom in the stock was the Model Y. That was synergistic with Tesla beginning to produce consistent profits and operating leverage. I do believe Model 2 could do the same only if aligned with improving Tesla financials around the same time. At the end of 2024, I agree this could boost institutional targets and share price more than I estimated.

I think the question is more of supply chain, especially batteries. Model Y gets the rebate because they are using 2170 from Nevada, whereas Model 3 2170 are imported. If less people want a Model 3 and more want a Model Y, they need to boost the proper cell supply. They can't just take the imported 2170s over to the Model Y, at some point those still won't qualify for the tax rebate.

[....]
So, why not have the limited supply of Nevada 2170s go to the model 3 first,
so the $7500 rebate goes to the car with the lower ($3K currently for long-range) MSRP?

Model Y supply can go up from 4680 cell supply ramp. But if Model 3 is still using imported cells and no rebate, its sales will go down and total volume might be a wash.
If Model Y uses fewer 2170s, or 2170s can be sourced from elsewhere, US Model 3 can use more 2170s....

The other variables for 2024 are the Highland Model 3 and the new improved performance Model 3.

These new variants will lift demand by virtue of being new and improved...

If a shutdown is needed at Fremont to phase in Highland production, then Q1 2024 might be the ideal time to do that.

So production shutdowns might be a drag on Model 3 production at Fremont in 2024.

My impression is a lot of equipment has been installed to increase Model Y production at Austin.

I think the south end extension is likely to be mostly office space and the new multi-level car park and rumour hiring spree could be mostly office workers but I think will mean significantly more production line workers.

In concert with that the new west side end-of-line and staging area is large, suggesting significantly increased production.

So there is lot of evidence that production and Austin will significantly increase in 2024, and that should more than cancel out any Fremont Model 3 shutdowns.

Last edited:

Cyberquad?
Or
Cybertruck Police, Military etc. fleet orders?

Or new product?
Or nothing?
1704069134867.png

PREDICTION:

Starship will achieve orbit, re-entry and refueling in 2024 and when the profundity of that hits, it will meaningfully move TSLA stock.

Tesla Energy will be the main profit driver. 90 cents of each additional dollar in Megapack gross profits will flow straight to the bottom line. The realization that the megapack business has better operating leverage than the auto business will also meaningfully move the stock.

Cybertruck will reach a 125k annual run rate by q4 and demand will be running at least at a quarter million year. At that point, it will just be a matter of copying and pasting the existing line. Tesla will have become a legit player in the North American full size pickup market. Arguably the most lucrative auto segment in the world.

TSLA will almost certainly break out above $300 this year.
If FSD comes out of beta and take rate meaningfully increases, $500 is possible. No robotaxis needed.

In response to the 2024 share price bump to $800, @Krugerrand will decide she needs to move up to a bigger mountain (with a better view and increased security).
Nooooooooooooooo -

Do you know how much planning and hair pulling is required in designing and building a fortress!? I will not do this again.

However, $800 SP in 2024 and the party is at my place and everyone is invited.

After tweeting ~500k production for Q4..( not sure what is in patreon)
I think Troy is in full Debbie Downer mode past few days…. ( just my observation….)
+ he even conducted a poll for 2024 just 2 choices like 2M and 2.1M…
So rather than wait on just 4Q and 2023 achievements… he is already trying to steer the conversation to a bad 2024
Cheers!!

Here on TMC on Jan 28, 2022, Troy was clear that Tesla 50% growth wouldn't happen in 2023/24:

No. Deliveries were 936,222 units in 2021. In the conference call, Tesla confirmed at least 50% growth in 2022. That means at least 1,404,333 deliveries in 2022. Zach is saying this is achievable with just Fremont and Shanghai which is correct. There is nothing in Zach's statement about 2023. 2023 is going to be clearly below 50%. 2024 as well.

Looking ahead, I'll make my prediction for Tesla 2024 Production as follows: 2.53M
  • Fremont: 600K (no GA3 shutdown before Model 2 from Austin)
  • Shanghai 1,100K ('cuz they're at that run rate already)
  • Austin: 475K
    • 100K Cybertrucks (as I discussed back in Nov)
    • 365K Model Y (1 line, 2 shifts, 7 days/wk, 339 prod days)
  • Berlin: 365K
    • 1 Model Y GA line, 2 shifts, 6 day's/wk, 290 prod days)
    • GA line: 42 sec/cycle, 84 cars/hr, 15 hrs/day, 1260 cars/day
  • NB: 50% CAGR from 0.5M/yr in 2020 is 2.53M in 2024 (not news!)
For 2024 I predict Tesla will be at 50% CAGR for auto production vs 2020 prod. of 0.5M cars, just as Tesla guided 3 years ago during their 2020Q4 Conf. Call.

Next: Giga Texas battery estimates

#predict

I do remember this , but does it make sense for Kato to be just R&D with no production.. or was it more like Tesla keeping things close to the chest?

Think "large-scale pilot runs", as in 5K Roadsters per year. Maybe also S/X Plaid+ when the time comes to turn off the taps for Japanese 18650s and make the cut-over to 4680s. Even if that's 100K/yr S/X, at a pack size of 123KWh that's still only 12.9 GWh/yr or only slightly higher than the original plan for 10GWh/yr at Kato Rd. Or, it's still 10 GWh/yr and only 81K S/X/R (which is still over 20K/qtr). I'd go with this last option. ;)

Time for Best Single 2024 Predictions

On Edit: JUST ONE, PLEASE!

Each participant is invited to present his or her single best prognostication for a Tesla-related occurrence in the next 365.24 days. Please keep it simple and relevant, and remember that good humor always is in fashion.

Mine definitely is simple; it also is one many will think a pimple on the dark side of the moon in importance….

But thinking about it certainly warms the cockles of MY heart:

PREDICTION -

In 2024, Tesla will have some very, very exciting news coming out of Anchorage Alaska. (at long last!)
Elon’s prediction of “this year we kill the ICE” will happen. Like always, later than predicted. At the same time with his other “prediction” that margins can go to(wards) 0%.

I predict margins will go under 12% (and everything will fly off the lots).

It’s time they give the real death blow to ICE. Get ready.

Happy New Year and Thank You to all who share pertinent information in this thread, not useless noise. You know who you are. 😊

the legislation has always been clear on the impact of the excluded entity clause ($0 credit eligibility if the battety uses Chinese components)

Well I for one don't think it's always been clear: there were always 2 halfs to the eligibility requirement, one for the EV part, and the other for the battery. It was common interpretation during H2 2023 that using Chinese batteries would only disqualify your purchase for the $3,750 bty component, but you'd still get the $3,750 EV component if your new car met all the Made-in-USA sourcing req'd.