Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are, thx and corrected. So... a Tesla strategy?

The 1st Monthly Options expiry date in January is also the date when long-term PUTS and CALLS first became available to trade years ago. This Month's 3rd Friday (Jan 19th) is a 'crowded trade' because all the little fish hanging around this reef attract the bigger fish... :p

How the Power of the Masses Drives the Market | Investopedia › Trading Skills › Trading Psychology

So why did Tesla deliver over 4,500 more Other Vehicles than they produced in the 4th quarter? Price cuts from existing inventory? Did the ship come in late? Just curious as production exceeds delivery for the entire year...
X got a price drop that qualified it for Clean Vehicle Credit.
$1k Cybertruck reservation incentive (plus long wait time)
Free Unlimited Superchargering transfer
Great time to refresh an S or X.

Here is the napkin math:
1704222549049.png

Here's a 4-yr old nappie: ;)

0.5 M *1.5^4 = 2.53 M

Cheers to the Longs!

If we struggle to trust computer components made by Chinese firms due to privacy and data access concerns, why would we ever feel comfortable buying, owning, and using their EVs (computers on wheels)? They know it and have begun a multi-prong approach to infiltrate western markets with quid-pro-quo tactics at the government / industry level and Trojan horse brand approach (think Geely / Volvo / Polestar) at the consumer level.
These are the exact anti-Chinese propaganda that will be used to quash the Chinese competition. I think there are higher chances CIA is reading my mails than the Chinese.

They might as well not guide at all if they’re going to guide that.

I agree completely. I think Tesla should simply repeat, VERBATIM, the guidance from Q4 2020, 'average 50% compound growth rate long-term, some years a little more, some a little less'. Maybe also repeat the 20M/yr long-term goal, in light of the Detroit EV slowdown. Then Wall-E can swing all they want (they were going to regardless).

How many more of Tesla’s top staff is Elon going to poach to work at his own privately owned companies before the Tesla board stops this BS.

Did you Q this FUD up yerself, or were you prompted? FUDDY, FUDDY, FUD is FUNNY. :p

BTW, Musk Industries 'cross-pollenization' goes both ways: Tesla got its HFS steel alloy for Cybertruck from the Starship metallurgy team. Or how about The Boring Company installing a transport tunnel at Giga Texas from the main plant, under the 6-lane highway, to Tesla's new End-of-Line facility? Starlink(v2)-to-Cell rural data service to all existing Tesla cars in the fleet by 2025? Is that the ultimate OTA update, or is that just B.S. too?

But then one wouldn't mention any of that when yer shortzes r poached...

Last edited:
These are the exact anti-Chinese propaganda that will be used to quash the Chinese competition. I think there are higher chances CIA is reading my mails than the Chinese.
Since you seem to be an expert on this subject, which government monitors their citizens and controls their news more? Would you rather live in China or here?

I struggle with this sort of thing:

View attachment 1005157

How many more of Tesla’s top staff is Elon going to poach to work at his own privately owned companies before the Tesla board stops this BS.
My biggest fear is discouraging (or stopping) Tesla from doing things so Twitter or SpaceX get them, such as AI work. Or Tesla paying Twitter to do things they could have done in house.

You're assuming he would have stayed with Tesla if SpaceX wasn't an option, but it's likely he would move on from Tesla anyway, if not to SpaceX then to a rival of Tesla which would be worse for investors. At least by moving to SpaceX he stayed in family so to speak.

Look at how the media is spinning this negative news as positive for Rivian.. if you pay them protection money they will write anything. On the other hand if Tesla had a very small miss, even if much smaller than Rivian, the headlines would be much different.

"Will Tesla go bankrupt? if so when?"
"Sales are tanking at Tesla, and this is the reason why"
"Musk's Twitter shenanigans are hurting Tesla. Consumers have rejected Tesla big time".
"Elon's dreams have come crashing. Will SpaceX be next?"
"Poor quality & service are not the only reasons why Tesla sales have crashed. Here are 10 more reasons"
Here is another one.

My biggest fear is discouraging...

Some people have mused that 'the singularity' will arrive the day we see Tesla Optimus bots working on assembly lines in Tesla factories. This is incorrect.

The singularity occurs when Tesla Optimus bots build assembly lines in the new Tesla Gigafactory which they also built, autonomously, on Titan.

This will take the combined strengths of Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, Starlink and The Boring Company (and more than a few surprises), to make this day a reality. Monitored remotely, by humans on our 1st city on Mars. Per ardua ad astra.

Courage! ;)

the largest % growth for 2024 in...the US. Which just practically killed federal EV subsidies with the sourcing changes. They predict a 66.4% YoY increase 23->24... AFAIK '23 estimates are around 1.3M sold in the US, meaning they're calling for about 860,000 more EVs to be sold in 2024 in the US alone.

From whom?
Well, I have to say I've been asking the same question(s) and "worrying" about the same thing. But, as far as S-curves of adoption go, you can't assume that the consumer and market is the same as it was in 2023. Tesla put another 1.8 MILLION advertisements on wheels on the road in 2023. Many of those owners probably have positive word-of-mouth opinions to share. I have to believe that the consumer is evolving and with Ford and GM reducing their supply, hopefully that's an opportunity to sell cars to the increasing numbers of BEV buyers. I think Tesla is very nimble and am anxious to see what they have in mind to combat the model 3 subsidy issue.

View attachment 1005157

this is so ignorant and shortsighted. Never mind getting burnt out is the number one reason people quit their job. Elon just provides a pathway for his employees to travel between equally fulfilling jobs instead of having them quit on him.

My biggest fear is discouraging (or stopping) Tesla from doing things so Twitter or SpaceX get them, such as AI work. Or Tesla paying Twitter to do things they could have done in house.
Sounds like Tesla is being run by Trevor Milton instead of Elon Musk. If I was plagued with this concern Id sell my stock and run as fast as I could. I suggest you do the same.