Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brutal FORTUNE article and worse comments on Yahoo Finance about Elon's utter failure in Germany & UK 4th QTR. FUD is like toe fungus.

Shots ridiculing me for looking at Yahoo Finance are expected!
Wonder if we’ll get better journalism when AI takes over.

How much money did he miss out on sitting on the sidelines?
apparently none or very little or a lot? His video from today says his TSLA is over 70% of his net worth and that he's been holding TSLA since 2013.

I don't know how to reconcile that with a statement in 2016 about "why he sold TSLA". Did he just sell 1 share to say he did and make the video?

But, that doesn't reconcile with him saying "now I'm not going to be a shareholder" at the end of the 2016 video.

It almost seems like either his 2016 video is a lie or his video from today is a lie.

Your post triggered a random thought. We've heard of sheep-herders but never sheep-dispersers. Which would take more effort, herding a flock of sheep to move as one unit or to disperse them such that each one stands / travels on its own?
This won't translate well into your intended point I think, but as someone who grew up on a sheep farm with c.10k head there is no question. Sheep have an innate desire to flock together. If one gets out on its own it has no idea what to do - it could run towards you or away from you or around in circles. If a dog is around it will likely panic and run into the nearest tree or fence, look confused about how it came into this predicament, then run into the next tree or fence.

The caveat is that you can entice them to not be quite so stupid. During drought periods we used to feed them grain, and to call them we would honk the horn while pouring out the grain. Eventually they would get the pavlovian response to run towards the truck when they hear the horn. If you wanted to move them from one paddock to the next you could open the gate and honk the horn and they would all come running to the next paddock - however that is still flocking.

Even when sheep flock together there is always one or two that get spooked by a shadow and run off and do their own thing (i.e. running into trees and fences) causing you to waste immense amounts of time dealing with these idiots.

It is immensely easier to herd them together.

So X gets - what? a 2 day lead time before they post to the most popular video streaming service? Seems reasonable. (Not joking: they need an incentive to get people to start 'watching' X instead of watching YouTube.) It's an awesome video BTW - I've been sending the X link to my friends who count on me for the latest TSLA info.

apparently none or very little or a lot? His video from today says his TSLA is over 70% of his net worth and that he's been holding TSLA since 2013.

I don't know how to reconcile that with a statement in 2016 about "why he sold TSLA". Did he just sell 1 share to say he did and make the video?

But, that doesn't reconcile with him saying "now I'm not going to be a shareholder" at the end of the 2016 video.

It almost seems like either his 2016 video is a lie or his video from today is a lie.
I find that with these internet stock picker gurus. They usually back track like that and say "oh I didn't sell all"

No screenshot = no proof

BTW is it me or are we in a TSLA winter? This forum is quieter than I remembered which usually coincide with bad tsla periods.

If you watch his very next video (Episode #3) after the one in 2016 in his mom's basement (Episode #2), he quickly reevaluated his initial reasons for selling and bought back in. Link...

Gali was famously the first YouTuber allowed to ask a question on a Tesla earnings call (EDIT: thanks @Max Plaid for pointing out 18Q1). Elon took notice of him early on and has respect for him. Gali is also privately invested in SpaceX.

If you haven't seen this classic debate in 2019 between a young Gali in his early 20s vs Mark Spiegel, do yourself a favor and watch Gali school one of the most infamous Tesla short sellers. # instaclassic

Last edited:
Model Y SR will get 5000€ subsidy from the Flemish government (Belgium)!!
Model Y for 34990€!!

Screenshot_2024-01-05-23-05-50-785_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

If you watch his very next video (Episode #3) after the one in 2016 in his mom's basement (Episode #2), he quickly reevaluated his initial reasons for selling and bought back in. Link...

Gali was famously the first YouTuber allowed to ask a question on a Tesla earnings call (I believe it was Q3 or Q4 earnings call of 2019, but I could be mistaken). Elon took notice of him early on and has respect for him. Gali is also privately invested in SpaceX.

If you haven't seen this classic debate in 2019 between a young Gali in his early 20s vs Mark Spiegel, do yourself a favor and watch Gali school one of the most infamous Tesla short sellers. # instaclassic
I didn't see this before. Gotta thank him for verbally smacking spiegel for me.

I'm blocked on X by only two people that I know of:
Mark Spiegel and Gary Black.
Although I've never interacted directly with either of them on X nor disparaged them on X, I have a hunch why I'm blocked.
View attachment 1006382
Haha, interestingly, he leads the life I want. My next goal is to acquire cybertruck and an airstream and it'd come true.

Yes, and a new large car platform could acconodate numerous variants. Sometime…
As it is the weekend, I'll post a highly speculative hypothetical point of view.

Specifically What, When, Why and How.

Before detailing What I'll indicate that the time frame is mostly 2030-2050 with perhaps some Gen4 production 2028/2029.

This a hypothetical comprehensive list products that Tesla may or may not choose to build, and I will definitely be wrong about some aspects.

My primary assumption is the "unboxed" production method allows more models to be built on a platform by sharing, batteries, castings, stampings, wiring-harnesses, motors, components and boxes.

Also that Tesla in 2028 has a lot more resources than they do today and may want to (eventually) produce good products in all EV market segments.

What:-
Semi- Semi, other trucks, including dump trucks, possibly Buses and RVs.
Cybertruck - Cybertruck, Rugged SUV, Smaller Cybertruck
Unboxed Gen4, Roadster, Model S/X, Soft-Road SUV, Vans and Wagons.
Unboxed Gen5 - Model 3/Y, Coupe, Medium size van

The idea behind so many Gen4 models is by sharing resources across a platform Model S/X can be migrated to unboxed. The other models on that platform would be higher volume hence justify the investment in a new factory Gen5 factory, After Model S/X are moved out of Fremont it can be converted to a Gen5 factory.

This isn't the only way to do things, just my current thoughts.

Rugged SUV has Cybertruck wheels and suspension plus an stainless steel exterior. Soft-Road SUV has an improved version of Model X suspension which is common to all Gen4 Models,. All can drive on tracks, mud, sand and other light off-road situations Wagons includes a station wagon. Vans includes Cargo Van, Mini Van Camper Van. Having Vans with a modest off-road capability is very handy.

When:-
As indicated above this isn't the 20 Million vehicles by 2030 plan, it is the next plan. Doing major revisions on Model S/X before 2030 doesn't help the 20 Million by 2030 target. IMO 48V and drive-by-wire are required ASAP, but I don't consider them to ne a major revision, at least not this kind of major revision.

Why:-
Moving as many models as possible to the "unboxed" method of production will lower production costs and help expand market share by allowing lower prices with acceptable margins.
Expanding to all EV market segments helps the mission by ensuring there are good products in all segments.

How:-
As indicated above, I think the Gen4 factory needs to be a new factory with Model S/X and Roadster eventually moved out of Fremont, That means the existing lines at Fremont keep going until the new lines at the new factory are ramped.

At the new Gen5 factory production would probably start with a Van or Soft-Road SUV.

My rationale here is that it would be good to have all Gen4 lines at the same factory, and high volume production of Vans can't easily be added to Fremont.

Last edited:
I'm blocked on X by only two people that I know of:
Mark Spiegel and Gary Black.
Although I've never interacted directly with either of them on X nor disparaged them on X, I have a hunch why I'm blocked.
View attachment 1006382
Shorty Air Farce had a list that was shared .. you are likely blocked my many more ..
interesting that Gary has you blocked (smells bad ) .. did you say anything about buyback or ads ;) ?

Another update. I believe I said I set out to try to help a group of local young ppl and lift them up before I left. The conclusion I got from this experiment is ppl would rather feel good than to seek the truth that will allow them to improve their lives.

Well, that experiment failed spectacularly. But from this first group of ppl, I actually slowly created my own group. 4 founders and now we number 21.

The foundation is based on a common interest in a sports activity. I figured that ppl who constantly seek to advance a skill in a physical sport will be more open towards actually improving their life. Hopefuply this 2nd experiment works