Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That said, I'm sure he loves the smell of shorts burning in the morning every now and again.

Telsa Economist reminds me of that guy who rides in the middle of the peleton all day, hoping for a sprint win at the finish. Problem for everybody else is he urinates off the side of his bike so he doesn't have to stop to pee. That's not the kind of yellow jersey that most folks who follow him hoped for. :p

Last edited:
Telsa Economist reminds me of that guy who rides in the middle of the peleton all day, hoping for a sprint win at the finish. Problem for everybody else is he pee's off the side of his bike so he doesn't have to stop to pee. That's not the kind of yellow jersey expected by most folks who follow him :p
Too much spreadsheet, straight lines on graphs; too little understanding of fundamentals (pushing envelope, first principles).

I know it's not important to the mission and he has more important things to focus on. I guess I'm more vindictive than Elon is. I would take great enjoyment out of doing something like this if I were Elon.

If some potential customers exclude the brand due to the steady drumbeat of negative coverage, then yes, it becomes better to short curcuit the FUD by burning the shortz funding it.

How do you stop a bully? Give him a surprise bloody nose. Show him the happy time is over. Elon knows this. He is biding his time.

TSLA PE 73.01
NVDA PE 72.8

Robots and Energy - vs - Server Space and Graphics Cards. 🤷‍♂️
From a pure financial fundamentals perspective - NVDA is growing earnings like crazy (currently priced about 27x forward earnings expectations IIRC), whereas TSLA is currently experiencing declining earnings.

TSLA PE currently very very generous given 2924 earnings expectations, definitely a lot of generous future growth assumptions.

Even something short and simple like the car self-driving onto the truck trailer, then unloading on command is low hanging fruit.

I finally see a business case for including a front bumper camera with HW4: FSL 'full self-loading' on car carriers, either at the Port or Railyard, or the outbound logistics yard.

Anybody wanna bet that Tesla's self-drive through the new Boring Tunnel under the highway from the Assembly hall to the new End-of-Line facility? :D

Yemen attacks > cargo/oil ships need to reroute > supply shortage > energy/goods prices go up > inflation goes up > rate cuts delayed > stocks go down?

Is this the current macro situation?

Absolutely not.The U.S./U.K. conducted missile strikes on Yemen overnight. They will keep the Seuz Canal open and functioning, no matter what. Remember what they did back in '90/'91 to keep oil flowing from Kuwait. No chance whatsoever that the Houti's win. This is the usual Wall-E shortzes hand-wringing in the pre-Market.

Further, a 2-week assembly pause in Berlin is a nothing-Bürger. Somewhere at sea, there is a cargo ship with a few thousand CATL battery packs being rerouted. It is not missing in action, and all those cars will get built.

Since Berlin is not 'GA' limited (they are battery limited), it will be relatively easy to make up the delays in GA, possibly even inside Q1. Further, 'stamping' and 'gigacasting' will continue as normal, so parts disruption is minimed.

That is one cold print. I know Tesla cut prices, but shelter inflation aside, COGS have been sliding significantly the past six months, and Tesla car prices have been lower in the past couple of years in China than they are now, something the MM will never mention. PMs might not be collapsing as feared.

Absolutely not.The U.S./U.K. conducted missile strikes on Yemen overnight. They will keep the Seuz Canal open and functioning, no matter what. Remember what they did back in '90/'91 to keep oil flowing from Kuwait. No chance whatsoever that the Houti's win. This is the usual Wall-E shortzes hand-wringing in the pre-Market.

Further, a 2-week assembly pause in Berlin is a nothing-Bürger. Somewhere at sea, there is a cargo ship with a few thousand CATL battery packs being rerouted. It is not missing in action, and all those cars will get built.

Since Berlin is not 'GA' limited (they are battery limited), it will be relatively easy to make up the delays in GA, possibly even inside Q1. Further, 'stamping' and 'gigacasting' will continue as normal, so parts disruption is minimed.
I thought Berlin was people limited.

Reactions: ShareLofty

You editorializing the title of this Youtube clip is embarrasing. That is not the actual title of the clip, and you making it sound like it legitimizes your poor analysis of a car shape and size is totally misleading to viewers of this thread. Please stop.

LOL it's really lazy analysis when everytime the share price goes down, you blame the shorts. No, not everything is a conspiracy.

EyVg59uWgAIjRc5.jpg

Funny how you forgot to mention the one nugget of news that really does affect Tesla earnings - the Chinese price cuts. $1k to $2k of price cuts on cars that probably only had a few thousand of gross profit could drop another $0.1 of EPS per quarter.

That is what the market is reacting to.