Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And where would be the fun in that?

The most likely outcome is the most entertaining one...

Is Elon Musk’s judgement so bad that he will dump so many shares at once just for kicks. The last time, he had to expedite his share sale to buy Twitter, but he could plan 6 to 12 months ahead and slowly release the shares and spare everyone the drama.
Elon exercising his options does NOT have to tank the stock price.

I agree: that's hoping for a long-shot. Let's use numbers and formula from @mongo $23.33 Excercise Price, Taxes (is it still 53% of the capital gains, or did you revise that estimate), and 304M shares.

So, it costs Elon $7.1B in cash to Tesla to excercise the stock options. Then let's assume the SP goes down substantially due to selling shares required to pay taxs: If the avg SP is $123, he has to sell about $15B in shares to pay the income taxes. If the avg SP on exercise is $300, then his taxes owed rise to about $44B. So you see he rapidly uses up external cash.

If you think Elon could get ~$22B from a X.com IPO then that'd be just enough to cover his taxes for the 2018 plan @ $123/sh. But then Tesla still owes their addtional payroll taxes (which I don't know how to estimate) @mongo

But would he? That's not a good swap from where I sit. The only one getting paid are the Gummit (Elon just gets paper, and loses some X -- I don't think he goes for that).
I won't thumbs down your post, because that feels personal. But I will say that I don't like having my dreams smashed by reality ;) .

I think there was an internal email to Twitter folks back in March, where Elon said he had a vision of Twitter/X one day being worth $250 billion. I'm going to cling to that, and hope it happens in 2-3 years.

<--- thought there would be some discussion about the meeting tomorrow in this thread.

"We had an awesome last quarter of the year and I'm really proud of the whole Tesla team, also, in regards to Cybertruck since I know many have been asking about production, we have produced 69 customer trucks in Q4, and as of a few minutes ago, we have finished customer unit #420, funny how the universe works *maniac Elon laugh*"

Wonder if our good buddy 🤡 Russ Mitchell was affected:

1706066532744.jpeg