Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1706131277152.png

I think EPS is in the same ballpark that people expected.
I'm sure after hours we drop, and if elon is controversial, it may drop further, but the real impact is normally a week+ after the call.
Its easy to pounce on any decline in anything, but compare Tesla, with its now TWENTY NINE billion in cash, 3 factories about to be built (china megapack, semi factory and mexico), 2 ramping (Berlin & Texas), the semi coming, FSD12 coming, bot & dojo in development...
...compared that with GM, Ford, VW (currently in trouble AGAIN for emissions cheating) and toyota.
Lolz.

How does the stock react to this?

The stock isn't normally impacted by talk of FSD or Bots, numbers are more important short term.

Bad, good, neutral? What are predictions.
The outlook provided in the deck is maybe somewhat sobering for hyperbulls that were expecting tesla to have 25%+ 2024 unit growth and also continued medium/long term 50% growth (neither look likely now), BUT the outlook looks consistent with Wall Street expectations so maybe any stock price hit might not be that major.

Anyone care to do the math? 1.8M was X% growth last year. So 1.8M * X is what? What was growth in 23?

Production growth in 2023 was 37%, 1.81 million over 1.32 million.

Given the capacities Tesla states in the report today, their max capacity for 2024 is 2.23 million minus the CT. If you assume about 50K CT's for 2024 that would give a production capacity of 2.28 million for 2024.

Now include a few shutdowns for line upgrades and unforeseen little stuff, and it's not hard to see where people like me keep predicting 2.1 million production for 2024. That would be 16% production increase for 2024 over 2023, and this is why I feel TSLA will trade more or less flat for this year. Wall Street will cry and yell about how the growth story is over, and while we all know this is not true because Gen3 growth is right around the corner, for 2024 we will probably be at the mercy of the bears somewhat.

That's my hunch at least, but I'd be ecstatic to be too conservative by the end of the year. 😎

Yes, but unlike the Japanese, Chinese are known to cut corners and things explode. Byd is pretty well know for fires in China.
Not a fair comment. Culturally the Chinese are amazingly hard workers. Decisions have been made by Chinese company owners to make some lower quality products to drive prices blah, blah, blah…. People wanted inexpensive products. The Chinese gave that to them.

At the other end of things I have seen some really high quality Chinese products priced as they deserve to be.

Are you saying Chinese made Teslas are an inferior product? Surely not. Because customers of that Chinese product say otherwise.

Last edited: