Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happened to those folks insisting the next gen car would be paintless like the CT?🤣
I would like to see panels made from a "paint optional" material similar to roofing.

That way Robotaxis could be left unpainted, and for customer wanting paint, only one side needs to be painted. Only needing to paint one side is a major simplification, and a significant paint saving IMO.

Audubon, while you're leaning this way, anyway you could rig the system so we have to make a post if we give a disagree? It generally annoys me if someone gives a disagree without an explanation.
No. I long have railed against the black thumb especially, but these “response emojis” in general. I actively, wholeheartedly agree with your opinion.

This thread, and all discussion groups in general, are or should be centered about just that: discussion. Now, it is one thing to demonstrate affection toward another’s post - as Gertrude would have (or did) tell Ernest, “Hemingway, remarks aren’t literature” - but at least that demonstrates some kind of similarity of thought. On the other hand, to contradict another’s writing - not using words to express with what it is your disagreement lies - is vapidity in the extreme. To me, the use of a black thumb is to literature or the Art of the Word in general as a short-sale is to investing. They are not subsets of the greater part: they are antithetical. Nonetheless, I do not own TMC and these emojis are here to stay.
I don’t use them and only on the rarest occasion if ever have I used memes - and to see one used more than once is brutally numbing.

O tempora o morass.

No. I long have railed against the black thumb especially, but these “response emojis” in general. I actively, wholeheartedly agree with your opinion.

This thread, and all discussion groups in general, are or should be centered about just that: discussion. Now, it is one thing to demonstrate affection toward another’s post - as Gertrude would have (or did) tell Ernest, “Hemingway, remarks aren’t literature” - but at least that demonstrates some kind of similarity of thought. On the other hand, to contradict another’s writing - not using words to express with what it is your disagreement lies - is vapidity in the extreme. To me, the use of a black thumb is to literature or the Art of the Word in general as a short-sale is to investing. They are not subsets of the greater part: they are antithetical. Nonetheless, I do not own TMC and these emojis are here to stay.
I don’t use them and only on the rarest occasion if ever have I used memes - and to see one used more than once is brutally numbing.

O tempora o morass.
I guess you are saying that if the post in question isn't worthy of a well reasoned response, it doesn't deserve a thumbs down, when a simple ignore is more efficient. And the big plus is, we never need to explain an ignore.

Wow after getting cought up on the last 10 pages of forum reading…… I feel dirty. Dirty like just swapped a turbo charger on a ford dirty……covered in fluids and blood.

Was hoping for some news. Any FSD China release news?

“Tesla owners will enjoy a 30-day free trial of EAP (Enhanced Autopilot)! – Millions of owners in China are eligible! Peace of mind while traveling!”
So would after the 30 days still be Q1? If some subscribers stay on could be nice bump for ER

Wow after getting cought up on the last 10 pages of forum reading…… I feel dirty. Dirty like just swapped a turbo charger on a ford dirty……covered in fluids and blood.

Was hoping for some news. Any FSD China release news?

“Tesla owners will enjoy a 30-day free trial of EAP (Enhanced Autopilot)! – Millions of owners in China are eligible! Peace of mind while traveling!”
So would after the 30 days still be Q1? If some subscribers stay on could be nice bump for ER

Tesla FSD is rolling out in China now. Tesla FSD was almost non-existent in China up until 2024.

More comments in the linked article.

A highly respected (and critical) OG FSD beta tester went for a ride today in a Tesla employee’s FSD Beta 12.1 car. Not naming names, but they are a true OG with 3+ years of experience and are critical of FSD’s shortcomings. Here are their comments:

Just went for a drive with an employee with 12.1,. It is very impressive.

Lol, Lee "The Tesla Economist" has gone full Greg Wester now on twitter. Kinda comical, watching him toss blame around like a monkey flinging feces at the wall, considering he never learns. :p

T.E. now going full down the drain (descended to slander today, bitter much?)

Media posted by Tesla Economist "Elon with his dry powder." Twitter • 7 hours ago

DON'T.BET.ON.OPTIONS.MARGERINE.IS.BAD.FOR.YOU.NOBODY.TO.BLAME.BUTT.YOURSELF

And now T.E. is the BUTT of JOKES:

TE Sell.jpg

A cautionary tale: "Don't Gamble with Options."

Cheers to the Longs!

Long ago, before Optimus, Elon stumped robot suppliers by asking them the maximum speed at which they could operate. He assumed air resistance could come into play at some point. I forget where I read this years ago.

That is typical Elon Musk BS. He just cant help himself. No matter how impressive the reality is, he will pile on the crap.

O tempora o morass.

The response emojis would have more utility if they somehow affected the post similar to Reddit or X, for example you could filter the thread on only posts with more than n positive emojis and hide posts with n negative ones. That being said, I find them a quick way of showing my appreciation of someone's effort, otherwise we may have the thread littered with "I agree" posts.

T.E. now going full down the drain (descended to slander today, bitter much?)

Media posted by Tesla Economist "Elon with his dry powder." Twitter • 7 hours ago

And now T.E. is the BUTT of JOKES:

View attachment 1016134

A cautionary tale: "Don't Gamble with Options."

Cheers to the Longs!

Does he realise he is coming across as a pathetic loser?, he's needs to take ownership of his losses rather than blaming everyone else. No one forced him to gamble all his money on options.

That is typical Elon Musk BS. He just cant help himself. No matter how impressive the reality is, he will pile on the crap.
You could be correct. Alternately, consider a factory operating at reduced air pressure. How would variable air pressure impact robotic calibration and at what speed does air pressure materially affect accuracy?

Learning about variable air pressure is interesting. How does airborne dust impact cleaning requirements and calibrations — painting? How would manufacturing look on the Moon or Mars or in orbit? These are first principles questions with actual implications. YMMV

Does he realise he is coming across as a pathetic loser?, he's needs to take ownership of his losses rather than blaming everyone else. No one forced him to gamble all his money on options.

Lee is very emotional. He invested with emotion, he made videos based on emotions rather than data and facts (he was a hyper bull which put Warren Redlich to shame!), and when he lost everything on options and margins he responded with emotions instead of introspection and thinking. He's now just throwing a tantrum and lashing out, AGAIN, because it's easier than analyzing where he went wrong and what he could change going forward to not repeat his mistakes.

It's sad really, but you can't force someone to learn, they have to WANT to learn first, and Lee just doesn't seem to want to.

I love to think that news tomorrow will lead with
OMG FORD LOSE $47,000 ON EVERY EV THEY SELL?????
But fords as-buyers play golf with most editors, so obviously it will all be
FORD STOCK ROCKETS AFTER BLOWOUT EARNINGS.
Its like nothing was learned from blackberry and kodak. Tesla have been around for over a decade now, showing all the established companies, WHAT to do and HOW to do it. They have even started sending them guidebooks on 48v, out of desperation that they get a clue...

...and yet they do not. I guess we can take solace in the laughable P/E ratio for Ford. I guess some long term investors can see just how likely they are to fail in the next five years. If I was a Tesla salesperson, if someone mentioned they were considering a mach-e or lightning, I might have to drop the $47k loss number. Does anyone REALLY want to buy an EV from a company with a huge incentive not to sell any, who may well not even survive to honor the warranty?

I knew Ford were rubbish at this, but honestly I let out an involuntary yelp when I saw just how bad it was.
Then I consider the only Mach-E owner I know, who got rid of his in fewer than three months after the dealer was ‘unable’ to diagnose his problems, much les fix them. I have no idea how much of the story was correct. I only know he sold the Mach-E and bought a Honda ICE suv after only three months.

Last edited:
Most of the tweet you quote is about this bit in it specifically

Since Ford sells new cars, not used ones, to their dealers that'd explain how they can forecast strong '24 sales of legacy vehicles-- doubly so if we see rate cuts in '24
Minor correction. Ford, GM and others often sell used cars to dealers, mostly executive cars, periodically fleet returns, and indirectly for captive repossessions, among other things. Those practices vary greatly, but all do send some used vehicles to dealers, sometimes with negotiated prices, sometimes through auctions , sometimes with specific dealer arrangements. FWIW, these deals are almost never publicly disclosed.

O tempora o morass.
Even when I disagree with you I find your arguments entertaining and often informative.
As for emojis and related non-verbal discourse, I am convinced that increasing age, especially among classically educated articulate people, tends to reduce clear communication with young people. That, in my opinion, is NOT culturally defined.

For the record this is a not-uncommon topic among my friends, most of whom are early ‘boomers’. Among those people are: Argentine, Bahraini, Brazilian, Canadian, French, Iranian now resident in France, and USA..This topic in my opinion simply reflects generational differences.

Most recently, I participanted in a discussion on this point between a Masai man, I had known decades ago, and his grandson. That discussion, while different, was about ‘strange’ conversation between the young. Both were educated in English from secondary school on but retained substantial Swahili slang. That discussion was about visual representation of weather and road conditions. The two had problems with each other.

In short, this topic is definitely generational. You, sir, need to adapt lest you find your own communication with your offspring might suffer. Hence, do as I say, not as I do!