Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In other words...Elon must be selling again 🤣
1709582030073.png

1709583068986.png

1709582074867.png

Last edited:
I’ve gotten use to some of the volatility in this share price, and normally don’t mind when it does its own thing on no news but this feels weird… like there is a big seller out there.

Hopefully this post will age poorly

I think just general negativity on EV's especially in China. EV sales down and I believe the Chinese brands have lowered prices putting more pressure on prices.

Last edited:
This is not hyperbole - I also have direct evidence:

My in-laws and all their friends are good old ultra conservative republicans from Texas that have always hated on EVs/renewables. Guess what? They LOVE Elon now. But still don't drive EVs....he's not helping....

Guess What a second time? One of those friends installed our 240 plug in 2018 when I got my Model 3 and we recently had a convo with him and he STILL thinks EVs are just toys...mind you the Model Y was the best selling car last year.

Then, on the other side of people I know, they also won't touch Tesla due to Elon's behavior.

Lots of you need to let your blind Elon shield down.
I and most of my social circle have multiple graduate degrees and work as scientists in the biological sciences. I've owned the stock for 6+ years and will hold most of it for the longterm, despite Elon, because the mission related to climate change is paramount. Two of my friends that I convinced to buy model Y's enjoy the car but have removed all tesla badging from it & the only time Elon comes up in discussions now is as the butt of jokes. None of the other people I've talked to & hoped to convince regarding purchasing a tesla the last several years will even consider it because they don't want to be associated with the brand. It's sad to see on multiple fronts.

"Our polling shows a fascinating polarization surrounding Elon Musk. Put simply, Democrats and people who say climate change is a serious problem that must be addressed do not like Elon Musk. That’s quite a change from where Elon started as the visionary who put modern mass adoption of EVs into motion. Conversely, highly EV-skeptical Republicans… quite like Elon. As the mercurial tycoon has evolved rightward on many issues, Elon v2.0 has found a new audience of admirers and fans."

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-47-55-69_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-04-22-47-55-69_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 5
I and most of my social circle have multiple graduate degrees and work as scientists in the biological sciences. I've owned the stock for 6+ years and will hold most of it for the longterm, despite Elon, because the mission related to climate change is paramount. Two of my friends that I convinced to buy model Y's enjoy the car but have removed all tesla badging from it & the only time Elon comes up in discussions now is as the butt of jokes. None of the other people I've talked to & hoped to convince regarding purchasing a tesla the last several years will even consider it because they don't want to be associated with the brand. It's sad to see on multiple fronts.
Another "I have a friend" who hates Elon post.

It's no secret that Elon is extremely polarizing. Is anyone pretending that he isn't? Is anyone pretending that thoughts have shifted on him in recent years since he became more political in the public?

The only question that matters in this forum is if that polarization is impacting sales negatively or if it's impacting Tesla as a company in regards to policies or business moves.

There's speculation to both from both sides, but thus far no one has shown anything of substance of finite proof that he's bad for the company.

Arizona Tesla showrooms are still restricting test drives. If sales were hurting, wouldn't Tesla open that up?

Restricting how?

In contrast FWIW I happened to recently do an online trade in estimate at tesla.com (I've done them a couple times a year since Tesla began offering you an instant #)--- In previous years I got my # and that was it.

This time I've gotten 4 different texts from 4 different sales people at Tesla in the last few weeks asking if I need any help with the trade in process and suggesting I schedule a test drive-- and 2 more from another source (no name given) at Tesla telling me about the FSD transfer offers and telling me to go browse inventory.

Also- every single trim of S, X, and Y at tesla.com shows this-month delivery, with significant inventory (at additional discounts) available. RWD 3 is also immediate and inventory discounted- only LR AWD 3 is not and VIN data suggests that's a slow production ramp issue not a demand one.

Arizona Tesla showrooms are still restricting test drives. If sales were hurting, wouldn't Tesla open that up?
If people would just say the word and not beat around the bush, I would be forced to get richer.

I can’t believe we’re still having the conversation. Literally it’s got to be the hundredth time in the past decade. Like watching paint dry or grass grow.

But I see another wild card on the horizon and wonder what you think about this scenario. I was reading about the development of zero-emissions synthetic fuel

I think you need to study some basic physics (starting with the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics) so that you, personally, can convince yourself that that is a waste of time & energy.

And maybe study some business too so you can identify this as yet another delay tactic from big carbon.

Free your mind, decide for yourself, based on 1st Principles.