Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t seem like it
169, then 240?
Asking for a friend...

1709738038278.png

Reactions: alhounos
The stock is crashing on what, a weak month in China and a fire in Berlin,
2 events that can reverse quickly. These are not long term issues.

The underlying fear is continued weakening margins and they seem
Steady at this point.

The stuff from the folks who met with Tesla IR yesterday has margins continuing to decline, EPS continuing to decline, and 2024 unit growth in auto barely north of 10% YoY.

If those are long term issues depends I suppose on your definition of long term.

Renewable energies are on the way to supply more than 65% of the energy mix in Germany and this each month of the year. The current government already removed a lot of hurdles to push this very effective. We would much better if there hasn't been a still stand under Angela Merkel, especially in the last 10 years of her government.
But we are talking about a 100% autark system on site, correct? You would need Wind turbines as an addition to solar on any roof and open space. The area of the Gigafactory would never be sufficient to support both. Personally I wouldn't except any fossil fuels as an addition. Secure the infrastructure by getting all cables and transformer stations under ground and you have less attack possibilities. A job for the boring company or not. Maybe puffrock is already on the way.
There is no terrorism-proofing a grid. There’s only risk management. In the US, the government and companies running the grid have a tiered system that classifies each piece of infrastructure for how much effort/money is spent, and of course the bias is on the key elements, which are rated on things like how many people would be affected by damage to a given line, substation, etc. The typical attacks here are minor substations which are in isolated areas and are easily knocked out in seconds with and for lengthy periods. I won’t go into the technique here, but it’s well-known. These are low risk to the perps. Usually rural areas.
The regulators here are currently reassessing their tiers and recommendations based on some recent attacks and the near certainty of more by scattered and uncoordinated extremists. BUT.... you can’t make everything a truly hard target or electricity would be too expensive to be practical. You can just make careful cost-benefit choices.
This one was unusual in the nature of the target. It was not protected really at all except by its nature as a hard target. It was a much harder thing to pull off and took more elaborate planning and an approach more daunting than popping off a few rounds of .223... which in some ways isn’t surprising given that Euro whacko groups tend to be a lot more organized that the idiot white supremacists and chaos agents etc that are the threat here. But for sure German govt and grid officials are reevaluating how to protect these towers. That’s really on them. Meanwhile it seems like Giga Berlin needs at least a modest backup system to power key functions in a major outage until they can be shut down in orderly fashion without major damage and loss.
The reported $1 billion level of damages is NOT helpful. Now every whacko who has ever considered a grid attack in Europe and frankly the US too is salivating.

169, then 240?
Asking for a friend...

View attachment 1025150
TA never lies.
The market is always right.
Lower highs and lower lows.
Until we get any positive catalyst at this point or some big whales start to cash in on NVDA and redirect those funds toward EV stocks. We might be due for a sectorial rotation from AI to EVs. I’m on road trip in my Model Y with the kids for spring break week in Canada. We ended up visiting Atlantic City and this city has a lot of ressemblance with TSLA stock lately.

I'll say it. Mods can delete if they want.

Reports are that Elon and some other billionaires took a meeting with a certain Republican presidential candidate.

This candidate is in desperate need of cash to pay legal judgements and might be willing to do almost anything for the money.
There is an Elon tweet out this morning that he will contribute to neither candidate.