Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the two-seat Model Y would be a hit in a number of markets:

It'd be nice if they changed the back end to be a more boxy station-wagon like back end. My Y can haul a lot of stuff with the seat down, but I'm limited by the height of the top of the hatchback opening (not by the height of the interior past it.) The boxy back end would be better for the 'car doing local deliveries instead of a van' market, which is surprisingly useful... especially in European cities with small streets.

I should note that I ran a sound/lighting company in Los Angeles for years. More than half my deliveries didn't really need the company van -- they would have been easier in a compact station wagon sized vehicle. So yes -- deliveries for companies do need vans occasionally, but once you're big enough to need more than one delivery vehicle you're smart to have one of them be small and cheap to operate.

Agree. Seems like an easy mod. I bet many have done this already with a plank and some carpet. The X is already a commercial vehicle in the USA by weight.

Even could take the Tesla Service fleet and migrate to the Y-Cargo for some internal cost savings. (Are they still using the Model S for Mobile Service? I haven't had service in so long, but was quite the setup.)

Update from the electricity supplier in Berlin 06.03.2024 - 05:30 PM MEZ
The E.DIS emergency services are working with the highest priority together with technical experts from an E.DIS sister company and partner companies under high pressure to find a provisional technical solution to resupply the previously unsupplied industrial settlement and production as well as the logistics center as quickly as possible.
We are of course working closely with the government authorities on the issue of security, initial measures have already taken effect and further analyses are being carried out on an ongoing basis.
The E.DIS grid experts are in close contact with the industrial and commercial units that have not yet been resupplied, in particular Tesla, as well as the authorities.

Update from the electricity supplier in Berlin 06.03.2024 - 05:30 PM MEZ
The E.DIS emergency services are working with the highest priority together with technical experts from an E.DIS sister company and partner companies under high pressure to find a provisional technical solution to resupply the previously unsupplied industrial settlement and production as well as the logistics center as quickly as possible.
We are of course working closely with the government authorities on the issue of security, initial measures have already taken effect and further analyses are being carried out on an ongoing basis.
The E.DIS grid experts are in close contact with the industrial and commercial units that have not yet been resupplied, in particular Tesla, as well as the authorities.

Might be faster to ship some fully charged Megapacks from Lathrop and then after empty send them on their way to final destination within the EU

Even could take the Tesla Service fleet and migrate to the Y-Cargo for some internal cost savings. (Are they still using the Model S for Mobile Service? I haven't had service in so long, but was quite the setup.)
Yes, there are two Model S in my service region being used right now that I know of. The last two mobile service calls (one of which was less than a month ago) were provided by a tech driving an S with TESLA SERVICE across the side.

Might be faster to ship some fully charged Megapacks from Lathrop and then after empty send them on their way to final destination within the EU

Coming announcement...

In an emergency anti-terrorism measure German officials confirm that thousands of acres of pulp-forests will be immediately leveled to install Solar and Wind Power generation with battery storage to supplement electrical service to the area in adequate capacity for a week long outage.

/S (this means I made this up)

I really would like them to go much further than this. I dont think Tesla appreciate how popular a model-Y sized Tesla van would be in Europe. Its really begging to be made. In my fantasies, the Juniper upgrade was also time for them to design a proper small Van version. It would be a pity if we had to make for the model 2 to be a reality before it happens. Tesla really need to get going on the semi and the model 2 before they have proper competition!

Even though $TSLA is red today and the rest of the market is up, I like to be an optimist and think that $TSLA would be down a whole lot more if the market was red 🥴
Other factors which have made TSLA red recently:
  • Beginning construction of a new factory in Mexico with plans for a smaller cheaper car.
  • Possible factory in Thailand
  • Giga Shanghai expansion
  • Roll out of FSD V12 to non employees.
  • Active AI use of rapid learning of driving by video observation
  • Ongoing and increasing cybertruck production, presumably they sell these for money (just a presumption)
  • Cybertruck is the choice of car for many celebs who are not into elon or what have but just want the coolest car
  • Refreshed model 3.
  • Probable performance model 3
  • Best selling car in the world Model Y, also passed most recent safety tests
  • Optimus can now walk normally, how long before it is performing tasks in the factory?
  • Refinement of roadster 2.0 with 0-60 in 1 sec, which apparently is not even the interesting part-- are you even listening Porsche 918 and Nurburgring?
  • Twitter remaining active while other social media platforms taken down by their own actions or by cyber attack, while MS realizes in real time the value of twitter as do advertisers who lost money on the other platforms due to downtime.
  • SpaceX launched another crew to the international space station and works hand in hand with NASA to provide a cheaper reliable option for humans and cargo to space, so NASA can burn money on single use Artemis
  • Saving US taxpayer dollars with spacex-- this one is for 60 minutes and another huge reason TSLA is down, because it is related to tesla and shows efficiency should be rewarded with lower valuation.

Actually, if you toddle over to the appropriate thread on the subject, it becomes quickly apparent that union foot shooting is in plain sight via the media coverage. And the topic of the strike is long past its due date. In other words, you’re incorrect. It seems that despite a general difference of opinion of how the labor market should work, Swedish people have memories as short and distracted as every other human on the planet.
One of the rare cases where I love being incorrect

For those that may not be aware.

Hedge funds are long Nvda, Meta, Microsoft and Amazon against short tesla, apple and google.
That pair trade has been going on for a while.

So whenever they buy Nvidia, they sell tesla.
certainly looks that way ... and I own the three stocks on the losing end of that trade :mad:

Other factors which have made TSLA red recently:
  • Beginning construction of a new factory in Mexico with plans for a smaller cheaper car.
  • Possible factory in Thailand
  • Giga Shanghai expansion
  • Roll out of FSD V12 to non employees.
  • Active AI use of rapid learning of driving by video observation
  • Ongoing and increasing cybertruck production, presumably they sell these for money (just a presumption)
  • Cybertruck is the choice of car for many celebs who are not into elon or what have but just want the coolest car
  • Refreshed model 3.
  • Probable performance model 3
  • Best selling car in the world Model Y, also passed most recent safety tests
  • Optimus can now walk normally, how long before it is performing tasks in the factory?
  • Refinement of roadster 2.0 with 0-60 in 1 sec, which apparently is not even the interesting part-- are you even listening Porsche 918 and Nurburgring?
  • Twitter remaining active while other social media platforms taken down by their own actions or by cyber attack, while MS realizes in real time the value of twitter as do advertisers who lost money on the other platforms due to downtime.
  • SpaceX launched another crew to the international space station and works hand in hand with NASA to provide a cheaper reliable option for humans and cargo to space, so NASA can burn money on single use Artemis
  • Saving US taxpayer dollars with spacex-- this one is for 60 minutes and another huge reason TSLA is down, because it is related to tesla and shows efficiency should be rewarded with lower valuation.

This quote by JB Straubel continues to amaze with its accuracy, now with the markets behaving the way they are:

"I don’t believe we’re appropriately internalizing how bad climate change is going to be."

- JB Straubel