Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish I still owned the BTC I bought in 2015...
and this is why you HODL TSLA ... .. remind me again what useful product or service does BTC produce ?

in 5 years you don't want to be on TMC saying
" I wish I still owned the TSLA I bought in back 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 , 2024, ...

and this is why you HODL TSLA ... .. remind me again what useful product or service does BTC produce ?

" I wish I still owned the TSLA I bought in back 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 , 2024, ...
Crypto currency has produced one thing extremely well. Waste. It creates significant pollution, uses extreme amounts of electricity and computer hardware. Just when we make some strides reducing pollution and waste in some areas, we come up with another “invention” to cause much more of it.

Accomplished a life long dream, drove a Model 3, and it’s mine for the next 3 weeks

What a rollercoaster of emotions this day was. Even writing this is hard. This Tesla road trip should have happened almost exactly 10 years ago when I managed to get into engineering. A really dear and close aunt of mine wanted to give a gift to me due to it, and it was settled, a road trip to the US done in a Tesla, unfortunately at the time was only Model S on the market with high age restrictions for renting it, so the whole plan went down the drain

She isn’t here with us anymore, and I can’t share this with her

With that wave of emotions past, what a blast, now I understand what everybody say about it, go kart feeling, planted suspension, while still soft and probably one of the best rides in a car I’ve ever been in

I was a bit afraid going into it, first that Hertz would screw up and not have it available, second, as they say, never meet your heroes, or drive your dream car

But it was so much better than I could expect, and different in a good way

So much power, the BYD and Ora I test drove before? Yes, they have torque, EV response, but all the ones I tested now I can say what was wrong, too much power/torque for a chassis that wasn’t made for it

It gives you so much confidence on the road, you can shoot into any gap, get out of sketchy situations by flooring it, even in corners it never feel like anything is out of control

At the start I was thinking nobody needs that much acceleration, took me a while to get to full throttle, and it’s only a Long Range, can’t even imagine what a Performance or a Model S Plaid feels like

And also so many little details that some might not even notice, like song volume going down when navigation works only when the song volume is too loud

Some other, the touch screen feels great, and I mean the hardware only, on Ora the touch responsiveness wasn’t good, on BYD it is just weird to touch it, like it is too rigid and vibrates when you tap it

Efficiency is superb also, even on 19” wheels, I just did a drive now at night just through some rural roads in 8°C weather and averages 99 Wh/km

The only negatives I noticed so far, just exiting the airport and starting to test Autopilot I got a major phantom braking for nothing, or should I say, after it should have went, a car almost marked in front of me going slower, but he jerked back to his lane, after he was already back on his lane AEB kicked in hard

Second is 5 auto wipes with no rain or wetness over 300 km, not a big deal, auto highs beams work, never blinded anyone, but sometimes they don’t turn on where they should a or turn back latter

That being said, the car is on a 2023 software, will update it tomorrow to see what changes

Cheers to all

IMG_6019.jpeg

IMG_6002.jpeg

IMG_5978.jpeg

Tbh my most recent, relevant work and life experience is in another area of society now...if I had sold all of my TSLA at near the peak...I very well could be doing a lot of impactful work elsewhere rather than waiting for a 2-3x TSLA gain from here.

Crypto currency has produced one thing extremely well. Waste. It creates significant pollution, uses extreme amounts of electricity and computer hardware. Just when we make some strides reducing pollution and waste in some areas, we come up with another “invention” to cause much more of it.
I'm not going to derail the thread talking about the relative merits of bitcoin, but this zero-sum attitude is the same held by those eco-terrorists that attacked Giga Berlin last week.

Crypto, AI, and EVs are all disruptive revolutions which have the ability to massively increase the quality of life for billions of people around the world. However, crypto, AI, and EVs all require incredible amounts of electricity. It is in everyone's interest to massively, massively build out our energy infrastructure to support these transformative technologies. The massive inflows of capital into crypto will help incentivize the buildout of our energy infrastructure.

Investing in renewables and nuclear energy should be the world's absolute #1 priority right now. Rising tides float all boats. This is not the time to be small-minded.

I'm not going to derail the thread talking about the relative merits of bitcoin, but this zero-sum attitude is the same held by those eco-terrorists that attacked Giga Berlin last week.

Crypto, AI, and EVs are all disruptive revolutions which have the ability to massively increase the quality of life for billions of people around the world. However, crypto, AI, and EVs all require incredible amounts of electricity. It is in everyone's interest to massively, massively build out our energy infrastructure to support these transformative technologies. The massive inflows of capital into crypto will help incentivize the buildout of our energy infrastructure.

Investing in renewables and nuclear energy should be the world's absolute #1 priority right now. Rising tides float all boats. This is not the time to be small-minded.
Crypto has only benefited people because they bought into it or mined it at a lower price. If it was currently worth a penny per BTC, no one would bother with it. Nothing else beneficial is PRODUCED from it. It’s “worth” a lot because many are just chasing it to get rich. No other reason.

I wouldn’t compare EVs and AI to crypto. For those two things provide tangible products that people can actually use with no real alternative. Crypto provides nothing that FIAT can’t do. Well except a great way for hackers to get paid. Again, not a benefit to society.

Got assigned a VIN today for my CT order, its in the 3,000s. Also came with a disclosure that none of the computer vision stuff is shipping yet and I had to acknowledge it before I can progress with delivery. Didnt note anything about the missing elocker or hub caps, which I assume they later disclose or one would find out on their own at delivery.

In any event, decent ramp so far as it looks like they should hit about 3k production this quarter.
You're going to love the Cybertruck! I love mine. Also, nice range, near 360 miles per charge, just waiting for the locking diffs. Oh yeah, and I hate steering myself.
IMG_0563.jpg
IMG_0498.jpeg
IMG_0496.jpeg